ZG Tiger Boss

Strats / Info that doesn't fit in a specific instance

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Easy solo for prot pally

Postby Sakuya » Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:44 pm

I soloed Thekal the other day, he was a bitch at first. I eventually figured if i just DPSed the healer and did my AoE she would only heal herself and i could interupt every 2nd cast cause of Imp HoJ.

Then i just waited till the other 2 were at 15% popped wings & beat them down thekal after that was easymode, gotta love the tigers for the mana they give ya :-)

So to the above post gl with the farming :P

btw i personally am having troubles with the Bat boss... only had 1 attempt but yeah mega mana issues
Sakuya

Re: Easy solo for prot pally

Postby Valsh » Thu Dec 11, 2008 4:03 am

Sakuya wrote:I soloed Thekal the other day, he was a bitch at first. I eventually figured if i just DPSed the healer and did my AoE she would only heal herself and i could interupt every 2nd cast cause of Imp HoJ.

Then i just waited till the other 2 were at 15% popped wings & beat them down thekal after that was easymode, gotta love the tigers for the mana they give ya :-)

btw i personally am having troubles with the Bat boss... only had 1 attempt but yeah mega mana issues

She's impossible without a solid interrupt, the heal is just too much.
Valsh

Postby Soulslider » Thu Dec 11, 2008 4:21 am

Valsh wrote:
Sakuya wrote:I soloed Thekal the other day, he was a bitch at first. I eventually figured if i just DPSed the healer and did my AoE she would only heal herself and i could interupt every 2nd cast cause of Imp HoJ.

Nope he is telling the truth. It is very easy for a BE pally with Imp. HoJ. Killed him in 9 mins new record! Imp. HOJ does the trick.
Use SoV and keep 5 stacks on everyone+ spam every AoE you have. When you get Thekal+Rogue to about 20% focus on shaman and interrupt every heal. When you get the shaman to about 20% and he tries to heal (Thekal+Rogue is on ~10-12% from aoe dmg) you HoJ him and use divine shield. Now you spam everything on the shaman until he dies and then kill the two others. Tigeraspect is killed by afk'ing more or less :lol:
Soulslider

Postby Valsh » Thu Dec 11, 2008 4:25 am

Soulslider wrote:
Valsh wrote:

Nope he is telling the truth. It is very easy for a BE pally with Imp. HoJ. Killed him in 9 mins new record! Imp. HOJ does the trick.
Use SoV and keep 5 stacks on everyone+ spam every AoE you have. When you get Thekal+Rogue to about 20% focus on shaman and interrupt every heal. When you get the shaman to about 20% and he tries to heal (Thekal+Rogue is on ~10-12% from aoe dmg) you HoJ him and use divine shield. Now you spam everything on the shaman until he dies and then kill the two others. Tigeraspect is killed by afk'ing more or less :lol:

I've killed the tiger boss countless times, i was talking about the Bat boss if you read his post.
Valsh

Postby Soulslider » Thu Dec 11, 2008 4:53 am

Ahh lol. :oops:
Soulslider

Postby loladine » Fri Dec 12, 2008 7:22 am

tiger boss is easy u just nuke the healer so she only heals her self and slowly dps others down then when they low u bubble n nuke healer and it easy mode

as for bats heals u av to wait for her to go oom ;p
loladine

Postby Eroslight » Fri Dec 12, 2008 9:04 am

Why do you bubble when they are close to 20%? for the tiger boss.
Eroslight

Postby Valsh » Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:44 am

Eroslight wrote:Why do you bubble when they are close to 20%? for the tiger boss.

To provide immunity to the seven second silence, which can cause a long enough gap for them to all rez again if you can't shield slam/Hammer of wrath.
Valsh

Postby Zalaria » Sat Dec 13, 2008 9:59 am

Tried this today, and failed miserably. How do you burn down the healer when 90% of the time you can't do anything but autoattack? I can't put enough damage on her to get her below 50%, so she heals the priest right as a silence goes off. Did that for about 45 minutes before I just gave up!

I'd try using DPS gear, but i feel the incoming damage would be too much, and it's nearly impossible to get a heal off between the silence, interrupt, and gouge.

Is it just a matter of having better dps?

Also, how do you balance your abilities? Do you keep Sacred Shield and Holy Shield up? Ignore them altogether and just use damage abilities?
Dovie'andi se tovya sagain - It's time to roll the dice
Zalaria
Maintankadonor

Postby Krazy » Sat Dec 13, 2008 12:48 pm

Soulslider wrote:
Valsh wrote:

No...its impossible, I am so ****ing pissed right now. I just spent 2 hours working on it and was finally so close, had thekal and rogue at 5% and working shaman down....and she got a heal off...by one second...so they died and she didnt and they rezzed.

Actually its not impossible...you would just have to be super super lucky and I dunno. This fight pisses me off more than any other in the world. ARRRRGHHH.
Krazy

Postby Valsh » Sat Dec 13, 2008 2:11 pm

Krazy wrote:
Soulslider wrote:
Valsh wrote:

No...its impossible, I am so ****ing pissed right now. I just spent 2 hours working on it and was finally so close, had thekal and rogue at 5% and working shaman down....and she got a heal off...by one second...so they died and she didnt and they rezzed.

Actually its not impossible...you would just have to be super super lucky and I dunno. This fight pisses me off more than any other in the world. ARRRRGHHH.

I logged on this morning took me 5-10 minutes to get them all to 5% and i d/ced, logged back in dead. Corpse ran and killed them. Not sure what you're doing wrong. I kill them everytime ZG resets.
Valsh

Postby Krazy » Sat Dec 13, 2008 4:08 pm

Finally did it!

*GLOAT* :-P

I dunno, it seems really hard to me because it seems I am always silenced when I need to interrupt. This time took me about 30 minutes and 2.1 million damage (hah).

I busted out the old PLG with a new titanium shield spike and that seemed to help somewhat. I dunno, took forever but finally it all just clicked, I got zath and thekal fairly low and was actually able to interrupt lor'khan several times in a row and got them.
Krazy

Postby Valsh » Sat Dec 13, 2008 4:24 pm

Krazy wrote:Finally did it!

*GLOAT* :-P

I dunno, it seems really hard to me because it seems I am always silenced when I need to interrupt. This time took me about 30 minutes and 2.1 million damage (hah).

I busted out the old PLG with a new titanium shield spike and that seemed to help somewhat. I dunno, took forever but finally it all just clicked, I got zath and thekal fairly low and was actually able to interrupt lor'khan several times in a row and got them.

If it looks like i can't interrupt her next heal i switch to seal of justice before the silence and stun the bitch a few times until i can get HoJ off :P
Valsh

Postby ARogers » Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:50 pm

I'm having a serious problem with the mobs before him. There are some troll mobs that come with cats, and they do a move that is called [something] Frenzy. It basically stuns me so that I can't attack. They chain it and I can do maybe 1 attack in 1 min. Since it's a stun, it makes me get hit full by the cats.

How do I avoid or handle these guys?
ARogers

Postby Non » Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:00 pm

ARogers wrote:I'm having a serious problem with the mobs before him. There are some troll mobs that come with cats, and they do a move that is called [something] Frenzy. It basically stuns me so that I can't attack. They chain it and I can do maybe 1 attack in 1 min. Since it's a stun, it makes me get hit full by the cats.

How do I avoid or handle these guys?

You can avoid them. Follow the right wall outside the tiger place and get inside with some clever jumping.
Non

PreviousNext

Return to General Strats