[25]Malygos

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Postby Maat » Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:04 pm

Are the sparks in P3 on some kind of timer? We tried stacking all the dragons and I had a phenomenal time trying to tell the sparks apart from the arcane beam crap he does.

That being said, I hate this guy and the random P2 insta-gibs when all 4 arcane lords decide to arcane shock me at once.
Maat

Postby Worldie » Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:08 pm

The question is, why are you tanking all 4 alone? :D
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby knaughty » Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:09 pm

Worldie wrote:The question is, why are you tanking all 4 alone? :D

This.

Have a DPS DK switch to frost, or a bestiality druid wear DPS gear but switch to bear-form.

Also, Oceanic with sketchy ping (300-400 is normal for our guild), we're killing him with:

• 5 healers (3 was way too fragile)
• 1 1 1 2 or (1, 1 2 for the people who don't suck)
• Bunch up
• Strafe left for static
• Shield if you get hit
• 1 2, 1 1 2, 1 1 1 2 after you get hit to re-build the stack.
This isn't the "Offtankadin" forum. My MoP FAQ: http://tinyurl.com/FAQ-5-0
- Knaughty.
knaughty
Maintankadonor

Location: Sydney, plotting my next diatribe against the forces of ignorance!

Postby Lousiana » Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:10 pm

My share from todays finaly kill:

We only brought 24 because we don't have more active raiders at the moment. 1 of them was a green questequipped hunter trial. (1000DPS)

P1:

Pull:

Maintank is in the middle next to the Orb. Raid moves with Malygos to the spark-spawnpoint he is leeching on. Noone has to move that way because there are no sparks before the first Vortex. Just simple tank&spank.

Vortex and ground:

After the Vortex Maintank will always move him north, while raid does two or three steps south. We have three designated players to get sparks in shape and position: Warlock, Mage(slow), DK(death grip and slow).
We don't go for maximum possible stacks, but for safety. So in doubt deathgrip is used to get a spark away from Malygos rather than trying to get a third stack.
We rinse and repeat until 50%. At 50% and take off everyone stands in the last residues and nukes Malygos. Best try we got him down to 40%.

P2:

1 hunter with missdirection, 2 rogues with their aggro trading skill.
2 tanks each tanking 2 melees.
2 holy paladins crosscasting beacons.
We only take every second bubble. Moving is announced and the raid moves as a group.

P3:

3 Healers building combopoints on their own drakes and spaming AoE heal in a rotation.
No shields needed.
DPS stacking as standard 1112.
We constantly move around Malygos so we are already half out of Static Field when he casts it.
Lousiana

Postby Valsh » Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:58 pm

We tried to go for the achievement today by 'saving' 5 sparks with roots and raping him from 50% -> 0% during his "speech", and sticking in the sparks to end p2 quickly. Ended up missing it by 5-10 seconds, certainly turns the encounter into something a lot more fun though.
Valsh

Postby Maat » Sat Dec 13, 2008 1:58 am

Worldie wrote:The question is, why are you tanking all 4 alone? :D

Prot warrior charges Lord outside of bubble + gets focused on by scions while healers are racing to bubble + shocks + melee = dead warrior and Maat gets to pick everything up, happened on a few attempts :/ Our feral druids are fail and refuse to bear unless they're in full ilvl 213+ gear or something.

P3 Nonstop strafing while dps/healing sounds like the best bet I guess. It's just really annoying to finally get P2 down efficiently and get brickwalled by vehicle gimmicks._.
Maat

Postby Huon » Sun Dec 14, 2008 6:30 pm

Malygos 25 BUG

Make sure you clear your target when you change from P2 to P3. Failing to do so will result in not being able to use your Flame shield.

We found out the hard way.
Huon

Postby Peaches » Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:02 am

We went through p3 a bit different then most I spose, but basically the same. I'll re-hash a bit all phases.

P1, we had our War tank Maly. Not that I couldn't but I offered a bit more raid support. I stayed prot but put points into reckoning, just for tanking adds and adding some more dps. Probably wasn't really effective for the 50g, but I used some scrubby 1h mace from Maexxna http://www.wowhead.com/?item=39226 to DPS and tank with as it was all i had. Vortex was easy, we had 4 resto druids and 1 CoH priest. 2 Pallies on MT. During vortex all it took for us to smooth it out was calling where the raid would run when we landed, and pinging the minimap the whole time. Early on we did have an issue with the insta breath on landing.

P2, I picked up the guys who come down and we took every other shield, unless it landed close. Yeah one of them was suuuuper close to us getting ripped but it lasted. Strongest melee took first 3 hovers, then strongest Mage took 4th. I found easiest way to manage your enrage timer is stacking the hover bitches, easy way to save 30+ seconds. Although I took every last hover so i could get my heroic denyin the scion! I could never get the last hit.

P3, we had 3 healers, everyone else on DPS. We stacked on a marked Skull, and moved when Skull moved. we only move right, and we only strafe. keeps everyone on the same level and together. For the heals I stacked 5 stack lifebloom and held it until the first zap then popped it soon as we moved. other 2 healers built a few stacks for just a bit more dps. from there it was just 3 stack bloom, and pop the heal only when he does eye gaze or we moved. DPS getting 12+ stacks was the key to victory. Once he enrages you only have like 4-5 eye gazes til its a wipe.

Gotta love trash loot on the first kill though...
GM of Sunset on Dragonmaw
Peaches

Postby cordelia » Fri Dec 26, 2008 2:24 pm

This is the only thing left for our guild progression-wise.

I've seen the 36/37k raid buffed numbers for tankadins.
What were your avoidance and block values?

Also, what kinds of dps were you guys putting out?

I'm trying to decide whether it's feasible to start pushing maly-25 yet, or whether we need to farm more naxx-25 gear(this is the second week we will be clearing to KT).
cordelia

Postby Maat » Sat Dec 27, 2008 4:05 am

Accidentally got our first kill last week... (had our enhance shaman run into the breath after a landing, and we decided to keep going just to get some practice in)

http://wowwebstats.com/b1ja4qz5ozikm?s= ... a=x152f878

^^^ my stats from the kill. WWS is kind of screwy in that combines the environmental falling damage with Malygos's physical hits. We also kind of failed at power sparks and he got two at 21:00 and 22:12.

Normal melee damage was ~10-14k before absorbs, ~25-26k breath. With power spark he hit for more around 15-18k, luckily I didn't have to see any enraged breaths.

As for our DPS, we don't have super-decked out people yet really, only been through Naxx10/25 about 3 times now?
Maat

Postby Martie » Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:48 am

I did some checking on the quest drakes today regarding the stacks of dots and hots.

I found that having a cycle of wait for 65 energy - 2311 works quite well.

It means you heal yourself, freeing up healers for more dps.
It means your stack of dots grows - the cycle is shorter then 10 seconds.
It means that most of the time, you have enough combo points to cast a sufficiently long flame shield on yourself.

It's 10 energy worth of regeneration slower then the 112 cycle. (About 1 second?)

Any thoughts on it?

ps: People claiming that you shouldn't wait and save some energy for fire shields are wrong. The speed at which you can cast the spells is determined by energy regeneration, so as long as you never hit 100 energy, you are casting at the fastest possible speed.
I'm about to drop the hammer...
...and dispense some indiscriminate justice!

This is my armory profile
Martie

Postby holyshield » Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:23 am

Hello everyone, this is my first post in maintankadin. You've all been a great help to my understanding of pally tanking.

Last night we ran Heroic Malygos and I've been having problems because there will be times when I would get too much dmg in 3 secs. I'm almost 40k HP buffed (my amory profile), we had 6 healers (2 Pally, 1 Priest, 2 Shamans, and a Druid), and I would basically get "1-shotted". I don't think it's the heals because when I was looking at my combat log I saw:

Overheal
Overheal
(all within 2 seconds)
Melee for 5-7k (blocked)
Arcane Breathe for 20k
Aracane Storm 7-10k
Lifebloom for 1k
Melee for 5-7k (blocked)
*dead*

I don't have the exact numbers but was wondering how I could have mitigated all of that dmg. I wish we had a WWS for the fight, but none of us had an updated combat log. So then we switched me out for a DK tank and everything worked out fine.

Any advice would be great for this. I know it sounds impossible that I'm taking so much dmg over that timeframe and wish I can provide some evidence, but we weren't prepared and didn't setup WWS for this fight.

*Edit: Added Armory Profile
holyshield

Postby majiben » Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:33 am

Healers need to stagger their heals. Also I find it sad that there were so few HoTs on you. Is that how the actual combat log looked or was it just your impression?
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
majiben

Postby holyshield » Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:32 am

I've create a filter for my combat log so it only shows healing and damage received and turned on timestamp. So that's what I saw, it was unfortunate as well because the healers just got their heals off before I was attacked.
holyshield

Postby schwadorf » Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:18 pm

holyshield wrote:Hello everyone, this is my first post in maintankadin. You've all been a great help to my understanding of pally tanking.

Last night we ran Heroic Malygos and I've been having problems because there will be times when I would get too much dmg in 3 secs. I'm almost 40k HP buffed (my amory profile), we had 6 healers (2 Pally, 1 Priest, 2 Shamans, and a Druid), and I would basically get "1-shotted". I don't think it's the heals because when I was looking at my combat log I saw:

Overheal
Overheal
(all within 2 seconds)
Melee for 5-7k (blocked)
Arcane Breathe for 20k
Aracane Storm 7-10k
Lifebloom for 1k
Melee for 5-7k (blocked)
*dead*

I don't have the exact numbers but was wondering how I could have mitigated all of that dmg. I wish we had a WWS for the fight, but none of us had an updated combat log. So then we switched me out for a DK tank and everything worked out fine.

Any advice would be great for this. I know it sounds impossible that I'm taking so much dmg over that timeframe and wish I can provide some evidence, but we weren't prepared and didn't setup WWS for this fight.

*Edit: Added Armory Profile

Sounds like your raid group missed some sparks. And the tank needs to be topped & stacked with HoTs during vortexes.
schwadorf

PreviousNext

Return to T7: Naxx / Maly / Sarth / Archavon