Soloing Loatheb

Strats / Info that doesn't fit in a specific instance

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Postby gwayne » Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:59 am

Elsie wrote:I've never seen someone use Hand of Salvation on anything yet, either.

Myself when offtanking :S
Gwayne
<CTSamurai>
Neptulon-EU
gwayne

Postby loladine » Fri Dec 12, 2008 7:29 am

gwayne wrote:
Elsie wrote:I've never seen someone use Hand of Salvation on anything yet, either.

Myself when offtanking :S

indeed :P even after removing RF are threat is stupidly high if u abuse 2x SoR
loladine

Postby Amarant_Pally » Sat Dec 13, 2008 2:12 pm

Eh...if I get the spore debuff, but a few DPS'ers miss it ("What the hell were you doing?!"), I might have to HoSalv someone. ^_^
Amarant_Pally

Postby Valsh » Sat Dec 13, 2008 2:20 pm

Our titangrip warrior asks me for HoS a lot, especially on fights like Malygos.
Valsh

Postby moduspwnens » Sat Dec 13, 2008 5:35 pm

One time on Loatheb, a Spore got killed too close to me a few times, and I did have to HoSalv a Shadowpriest.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby knaughty » Sat Dec 13, 2008 7:23 pm

Elsie wrote:
Majiben wrote:
Knaughty wrote:
fuzzygeek wrote:There's also a 5 minute enrage, if I recall correctly.

Edit: apparently enrage timer is gone. I wonder why they bothered with the no-spore achievement then?
We tried the no-spore achievement and failed because one wandered into melee range and died to HotR/DS/etc.
I was thinking about that and is there a good spot to move him so that the spores never die to the tank's AoE (or you know use a different tank :-X ).

You shouldn't really have to use consecrate to hold threat at the moment. Even without certain features, Rogues and hunters can buff a paladin's TPS to silly levels. I've never seen someone use Hand of Salvation on anything yet, either.

Spore died to HotR, not consecrate.

Also worth remembering that Divine Storm type abilities, etc, etc are standard parts of the rotation for many DPS specs.

Re "Hand of Salv": It's required for high DPS specs at Malygos if a pally isn't tanking, or at Loatheb if the pally IS tanking, and he doesn't spend his mana right (or gets "spored")
This isn't the "Offtankadin" forum. My MoP FAQ: http://tinyurl.com/FAQ-5-0
- Knaughty.
knaughty
Maintankadonor

Location: Sydney, plotting my next diatribe against the forces of ignorance!

Postby Ruex » Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:22 am

Does anyone know if they put a hard enrage timer on Loatheb?
At 12min in the the fight he went big, nasty and red and insta-gibbed our poor tank.

It was a bit of a low dps group, but we have downed him before with 4 people, at a 16min completion. so this was a few mins premature to this.

thanks.

Postby majiben » Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:46 am

As Far as I know he only has a soft enrage in that his deathblooms will get larger but with proper healing the group should remain alive through it. The most likely reason for death is healers were busy with the raid and didn't get enough heals on the tank.
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
majiben

Postby Junoreactor » Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:58 pm

I tried to solo Loatheb recently on a 10 man run. He now has an enrage timer. I believe it is at 10 - 15 minutes. Probably the enrage timer came with the recent patch (3.08 or 3.09). Damn u Blizzard.

Loatheb is not terribly difficult to solo. Just get enough block value to negate most of his physical attacks. Hit holy lights on yourself when the 3 sec healing window is up. I was able to get him to 84% before the enrage timer hit.
Junoreactor

Postby Palalaladin » Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:35 am

Knaughty wrote:
Elsie wrote:
Majiben wrote:
Knaughty wrote:
fuzzygeek wrote:There's also a 5 minute enrage, if I recall correctly.

Edit: apparently enrage timer is gone. I wonder why they bothered with the no-spore achievement then?
We tried the no-spore achievement and failed because one wandered into melee range and died to HotR/DS/etc.
I was thinking about that and is there a good spot to move him so that the spores never die to the tank's AoE (or you know use a different tank :-X ).

You shouldn't really have to use consecrate to hold threat at the moment. Even without certain features, Rogues and hunters can buff a paladin's TPS to silly levels. I've never seen someone use Hand of Salvation on anything yet, either.

Spore died to HotR, not consecrate.

Also worth remembering that Divine Storm type abilities, etc, etc are standard parts of the rotation for many DPS specs.

Re "Hand of Salv": It's required for high DPS specs at Malygos if a pally isn't tanking, or at Loatheb if the pally IS tanking, and he doesn't spend his mana right (or gets "spored")

we forbid the use of any aoe (sucked a lot) and with warr MT, druid and myself were running around like idiots perma taunting spores (make sure no ret aura/sanc either :-)). mana classes were slightly running out of mana but otherwise really easy achievement really.
Palalaladin(VoS), US-Sargeras
Palalaladin

Postby Infernosaint » Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:55 am

I've seen me use it on myself a lot :P
If you don't fall over when looking at my zomgawesome stats, i'm in prot or RP gear.
Infernosaint

Previous

Return to General Strats