Remove Advertisements

[10] Kel'thuzad

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Postby Lousiana » Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:50 pm

Ashmadai wrote:I'm sure your healers are capable of healing your tanks even if they took their shields off too. Does that make it a good idea?

His frostbolts should be interrupted. Seriously, it cracks me up when I see people be like "It does extra damage but we can heal through it." It's easily avoidable damage to your tank, which means your healers can worry less about the tank and more about healing the frost blast targets.

I just ignore the sarcasm in this reply as not interrupting worked for us since the first ID we went in and downed him. So let's say it's just a "Never change a winning system!" and "What works for one doesn't have to work for others"

On a more serious note and It only got to me after rereading your initial post. You were talking about multiple Frost Blast targets. In [10] afaik there is only one player targeted and Frost Blasted into an Ice Block.
So if you're stating that you had multiple raid members in Ice Block at the same time they were just too close together, as Frost Blast only chains from one player to the others if they are closer than 10 yards to each other.

We have everyone spread out. If you tank Kel at the centre of the room we let our healers position at the outer perimeter. So it is

Kel -> DPS -> Heal.

Each of them 10 yards or more away from each other. Healers are positioned that way, because they have the best overview over DPS. Healing one Frost Blast target is quite easy as you only need an instant heal that heals for more than 4% of targets HP to have the target save.
Lousiana

Postby fudomyou » Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:26 am

Am I crazy to think that phase 1 of this fight should be done with Seal of Wisdom on? I ran out of mana in all sorts of different ways during the add phase, blowing exorcism on Soul Weavers to kite them, using Holy Wrath on packs of skeletons (do they come naturally in packs, or is it only if someone pulls from the outside?) etc.
fudomyou
Maintankadonor

Postby Lousiana » Fri Dec 12, 2008 5:43 am

fudomyou wrote:Am I crazy to think that phase 1 of this fight should be done with Seal of Wisdom on? I ran out of mana in all sorts of different ways during the add phase, blowing exorcism on Soul Weavers to kite them, using Holy Wrath on packs of skeletons (do they come naturally in packs, or is it only if someone pulls from the outside?) etc.

Skeletons will come faster and faster the closer you get to P2. So, it actually could look like they come in packs.

This is again our strategy for Phase 1:

Skeletons are burned by a ranged DPS. Hunter, Mage, Shadowpriest is what we used so far for it. At the end of P1 one ranged DPS would get overhelmed so the designated player calls out and a predefined second ranged DPS starts helping him.

Soul Weavers are burned by any remaining ranged DPS

The only thing we tank are Abominations. ~ 30 seconds before P1 ends MT stops tanking Abominations to make sure he doesn't have the debuff when starting to tank Kel.
Lousiana

Postby Belloc » Fri Dec 12, 2008 8:29 am

Lousiana wrote:
Ashmadai wrote:I'm sure your healers are capable of healing your tanks even if they took their shields off too. Does that make it a good idea?

His frostbolts should be interrupted. Seriously, it cracks me up when I see people be like "It does extra damage but we can heal through it." It's easily avoidable damage to your tank, which means your healers can worry less about the tank and more about healing the frost blast targets.

I just ignore the sarcasm in this reply as not interrupting worked for us since the first ID we went in and downed him. So let's say it's just a "Never change a winning system!" and "What works for one doesn't have to work for others"

No offense, but neglecting to interrupt frostbolts is just an incredibly lazy thing to do. If you have any class capable of interrupting, they absolutely should do it. Not only will it drastically reduce the damage you take, but it will provide your interrupters with practice for later fights where you won't be able to get away with slacking on interrupts. If your players can't get down a decent interrupt rotation now, you're going to be screwed if the next tier involves an interrupt fight.

Sure, eating huge chunks of damage might work for you, but it is very silly to suggest that it's alright. That's like saying, "I don't wear condoms and I've never gotten an STD/girl pregnant." Sure, it might work for you, but it's risky and lazy.
Belloc

Previous

Return to T7: Naxx / Maly / Sarth / Archavon