Remove Advertisements

[10/25] Making the Heigan Dance easy

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Postby verthis » Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:19 pm

Had an absolute blast on this boss earlier in the week, Best boss in the instance purely due to the entertainment provided by people not knowing exactly where to go. :D

First try, phase one, no problem, Melee dps stacked on me and we all survived. Phase 2 begins, everyone runs to quadrant 1, rest of raid were expecting it to be the same speed as phase 1, I didn’t manage to make it to the third zone as I was laughing so much as 8/10 raid member went “ WTF happened there “ as zone one exploded. We had 4 more tries after that, every time getting more comical and eventually we were placing bets on who was going to die first.

Eventually we ended up 5 manning him from 60% to 0% which took 17 minutes with both tanks and the 3 healers the only ones able to get it right.

Taking a whole new group in this week, cant wait for that, ill get a video this time as well,
verthis

Postby Maddok » Thu Dec 11, 2008 5:50 am

Ended up three manning him last night in Naxx10, it only took 20 minutes.

*Goes off to find the safety dance to play over vent*
Maddok

Postby vschiano2008 » Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:03 am

after 2 wipes on regular, we got the achievement for nobody dying lol.

its pretty simple and fun. we marked half the raid that knew where to run, figure 5 targets is enough to make sure u can trail at least one and keep up.
vschiano2008

Postby towelliee » Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:08 am

Dance Dance is so easy. I am liable to kick someone out of my raid for dying during this. Especially the dumb DPS ranged who think they have time in Phase 2 to DPS rather then move. I just put a raid mark on myself and just tell people to follow me and if your melee to stay behind the boss not to the sides. I did this pre-bc for WEEKS with 40 people.
towelliee

Postby DMStewart » Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:56 am

towelliee wrote:Dance Dance is so easy. I am liable to kick someone out of my raid for dying during this. Especially the dumb DPS ranged who think they have time in Phase 2 to DPS rather then move. I just put a raid mark on myself and just tell people to follow me and if your melee to stay behind the boss not to the sides. I did this pre-bc for WEEKS with 40 people.

Sad part is: Last night on this fight I was able to DPS during the Safety Dance phase. No achievement, though, because a couple of people didn't quite have it together. As long as you're only using instant cast stuff (Hammer of Wrath, Exorcism, Avenger's Shield), you're just fine to blast away.
Some want to live forever through great deeds, others through their children. I want to live forever through not dying.
DMStewart

Postby Arjuna » Thu Dec 18, 2008 3:16 pm

unbelievable how hard it is for some to dance at this boss... :(

fortunately more and more learn each week :)
HUZZAH! How many points do I receive? :D
Arjuna

Postby Kelaan » Thu Dec 18, 2008 3:36 pm

Not dying to fire: awesome.

Dying to him pounding my face in (disease + 2 unhealed hits) since I'd apparently overtaken the MT on threat since I'd been exorcising in phase 2? Dammit! Next time I'll just dance, and let any DPS that overaggro die, rather than me. ;)
Kelaan

Postby skrith2 » Thu Dec 18, 2008 5:21 pm

I'm sorry but if you die from anything other than a lag spike past your 4th or 5th try on this boss, you're an idiot.

I've finally decided that there is no skill required to beat him. There is only a complete LACK of skill required to consistently die on him. Occasional deaths are understandable, lag happens. But the 5 that are always down are the 5 that are ALWAYS down on freaking --everything--.

The best way to not fail at the dance is to start /gkicking.
skrith2

Postby Mex » Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:53 pm

Now that the splash doesn't one-shot, this is very easy, since people have much more room for error. It's only multiple screw-ups that lead to deaths.

I actually saw a resto + feral druid 2 man the level 60 version at 70. Took them about 45 minutes.

I've never had any problems (ie wipes) with the dance. Still don't have heroic achievement, we've always had one newcomer who's died to it, but have the 10 man achievement.

I enjoy the fight actually. I've gotten good at positioning heigan right on the edge of the splash zone, so that anything behind him gets hit (heh hunters HATE me), but it's pretty dull. I also sing Safety Dance during phase 2 (EVERYBODY LOOK AT YOUR HANDS!).

One of my favourite fights in the instance.
Mex

Postby Arjuna » Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:00 pm

ok, I know the dance at heigan well, have died like twice, because I got too close to the platform...

but what is this stuff about the "safety dance" related to? link?
HUZZAH! How many points do I receive? :D
Arjuna

Postby degre » Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:57 am

We walked in two days ago, RL was well pissed.

Upon entering she said very few things:
No food/flask on boss means you get no loot.
You know the fights, no explanation, do your job and do it well.
Don't screw up or I'll get more pissed.
Then The Silence.

Heigan was perfect, nobody died and we got the achievement.

Give reason to your noo... erm... members to focus their mind, and they'll do it.

Another thing, I find that, while the first 1/2 tries it might help having the RL calling for events, let's say while learning, the first calls are usefull to get timings or fully understand what's going on, but once you've done so shut up and let your people go, having to listen to the calls under a certain perspective reduce the attention, because people stop thinking by themselves to wait the calls.

If there are timers or effects, they have eyes as well and there are plenty of mods to help, let them sort it out.
On EU-Kadghar: Degre | Beldegre | Degrotto | Koshien
degre

Postby Sederia » Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:10 am

vschiano2008 wrote:after 2 wipes on regular, we got the achievement for nobody dying lol.

we will NEVER get this as a guild, so long as Khazu goes on a raid
Khazu is our 1 raiding lock... he dies on EVERYTHING, i'm waiting for him to die eating a great feast

2nd attempt last night
1st attempt it was main tank and healers up... the main dps died..., I was dead too :( but it was my 1st real time there

2nd attempt 2? people died, I think... ofc 1 was Khazu who died early
Sederia

Postby hoho » Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:21 am

Interestingly I have very little problems dancing in heroic but last night in normal I always died on the first dance. I had around 100ms ping but it might have been much higher as when I was a bit slow and dispersed about a second before the eruption I still got gibbed. Weird.

Our tank at ~33k hp kind of cheated, he got hit with it almost every time but survived thanks to getting heals all the time while my priest could barely survive one hit assuming I was shielded.
hoho

Postby cordelia » Sat Dec 27, 2008 3:38 am

Tanking Heigan Phase 1: Expert Difficulty

My melee are getting picky. They want to dps from behind Heigan. They don't want to risk getting caught in the flames. They demand that I tank and position him so that Heigan faces "away" from the platform after entering each zone. Thsi way, they can stand behind Heigan, closer to the platform, but still in the middle of the zone, and I can stand in front of Heigan, farther from the platform, but still in the middle of the zone.

Being an egotistical tank, i tried it. It was a major fucking bitch. Lots of melee died. I almost died. But Heigan is meh, so we beat him. I'm looking forward to it next reset, and trying this again. Any tanking/kiting tips?

I'm thinking I'll have to strafe "inwards" on each move, to get Heigan to follow me to his correct position, then do a mouse click turn to face Heigan, then rotate around him, so I'm farther from the platform than he is, forcing him in the correct position. While the melee are dps and we're waiting for the flames to erupt, i'd have to pre-turn so that the moment I need to, I can strafe inward immediately, and kite Heigan to the next correct position, then do the whole turn, rotate, pre-turn shtick again.
cordelia

Postby majiben » Sat Dec 27, 2008 4:13 am

First off tell your melee to deal with it their job is to live on that fight not to put out maximum dps.

If you're really set on maxizing their dps despite the additional stress I would zig zag the boss. One zone he'll face the platform, the next away. That way he's more willing to move.
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
majiben

PreviousNext

Return to T7: Naxx / Maly / Sarth / Archavon