Heroic Nethermancer Sepethrea

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Heroic Nethermancer Sepethrea

Postby DraenorGauss » Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:37 pm

I have run heroic Mechanar a bunch of times, but have never killed Nethermancer Sepethrea. I always use Fire Resist aura and take fire resist pots, but still no luck. Usually running with guildies who are good players.

Any suggestions?

DraenorGauss
Maintankadonor

Postby Dreamcrusher » Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:42 pm

Fire Res aura, lead off with Avenger's Wrath + Avenger's Shield. Tell DPS to open up immediately.

If she Dragon's Breath's you and is within Judgement range, just judge w/e seal you have up and she'll get on you. If she is more than 10 yards away and you're still top on threat but she hasn't turned back to you yet, recast Seal of Righteousness. The small amount of threat gained will cause her to turn back to you.

The Breath is like a gouge (or like you popping DS); it doesn't lower the threat that you've already put on her, just causes her to ignore your value on the threat list until you add any more to it.

Save your taunt for when she does the knockback and then turns to someone else, as the knockback DOES lower your threat value.

Other than that, strafe a lot and DS out of the frostbrand attack if you have more than 1 fire elemental on you and you're slowed (BoF doesn't do anything)

Hope that helps
<3
Dreamcrusher

Postby Base » Mon Oct 01, 2007 1:35 am

I try and put on some spelldamage gear, wizard oil and blow wings at the start and nuke her hard. Usually she's almost dead before the knockback drops my threat low enough to need to taunt.
Base

Postby Genobi » Mon Oct 01, 2007 5:10 am

Blessing of freedom works against the slowing frost thing and is useful if anyone gets it when caught near an elemental
Genobi

Postby Dreamcrusher » Mon Oct 01, 2007 3:25 pm

Unless they changed in 2.2 BoF does NOT work on her slowing attack
<3
Dreamcrusher

Postby Dreamcrusher » Mon Oct 01, 2007 11:31 pm

They did change it, BoF now works on Frostbrand Attack.

Yay.
<3
Dreamcrusher

Postby Kivan » Wed Oct 03, 2007 4:31 pm

Tank her with your back against the wall directly opposite to where she starts. Have your group spread out to the four corners of the room, making sure they're in range. Then pull her with heavy, heavy frontloading. Spam everything like usual. Consecrate will usually pick up some of the adds midfight, I usually end up with all four of them whacking away at me along with Sepethrea. And that's without heavy FR - I just tend to whack on the heroic badge leggings and stick up FR aura for a resistance of around 125. When she does her aggro dump, just use righteous defense. You won't get knocked back much because of the wall at your back, and because of your group positioning, everybody should be in range.

We tried this tactic again after the elemental nerf in the patch and it just made it ridiculously easy.
Kivan

Postby Aplus » Fri Oct 05, 2007 3:49 pm

Really? Just tank this fight standing in one place?
Aplus

Postby Juliette » Sun Oct 07, 2007 8:01 pm

I just pop wings, AS and do the usual initial stuff and then start slowly moving her around walking backwards. You should move her in such a way that if you run out of space, you won't walk over the fire trails. So instead of moving her through the middle of the room, move along one side and when you turn, you'll have more space on the other side.

And just taunt when your aggro drops. Easy as pie. Never had any die before.
Juliette

Postby Chevalier » Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:13 pm

Dreamcrusher wrote:They did change it, BoF now works on Frostbrand Attack.

Yay.

This is nice, that was always a pain.
I used BoF effectively in my last heroic mech run, thanks for pointing this out. :D
Chevalier

Postby CowlyPaladin » Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:27 pm

seems that this boss has been severely nerf-ed big time after the 2.2 patch. the fire ads now do half the fire dmg, n their movement speed has been reduced by close to half. keepinng sov on the boss will ensure boss will stay on u even after she does a knockback, it is now an easy badge compared to last time
CowlyPaladin

Postby Dreamcrusher » Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:43 am

SoV doesn't really have anything to do with keeping her on you during a knockback... The only reason you would retain agro through a knockback is having such a huge agro lead that the knockback (which is 25% threat lost, i think... no real way to tell) still leaves you at sufficient threat to hold agro.
<3
Dreamcrusher

Postby Invisusira » Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:14 pm

Never stop moving!! If you lose aggro when disoriented/knocked back, you can taunt (yay for ranged taunt!)
Do NOT concecrate right off the bat, let those fire elementals wander away from you before you do or they will destroy you!
Invisusira

Return to 5 Mans / Heroics