Serpentshrine tips

Hydross, Lurker, Leotheras, Fathom-Lord, Tidewalker, Vashj

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Serpentshrine tips

Postby Merodyn » Sun Sep 30, 2007 2:28 pm

So we've now just started raiding SSC. Mainly we've been doing 3 raids there, 1 raid was just trash and the other 2 been attempts on taking Lurker Belows Life.

Anyway i'm currently respeccing ALOT, but in the end i'm tanking from time to time and thats what i enjoy(12.7k unbuffed health atm, that will be improved alot tho as soon as i get my hands on NB chest and t4 shoulders)

I'm alittle curious what preparations i should do. I've already crafted both the Iceguard and the Wildguard Reistance set. But im not sure if i'm supposed to tank the adds or MT the boss itself(actually MT gruul once).

Anyone has any tips for a starter? and what reistance gear should i get? How many greens, what balance...

For MTING, how much resistance and health(need 490 defence ofc)

For adds tanking(2 adds or all 4) how much resistance/health of both schools?

Really thankful if someone with more knowledge than me can answer or just come up with useful tips that i can prepare for, when we move onto other bosses in SSC/TK.

//thanks
mero
Merodyn

Postby Dorvan » Sun Sep 30, 2007 2:58 pm

http://www.failsafedesign.com/maintanka ... .php?t=834
http://www.failsafedesign.com/maintanka ... .php?t=655

please try searching, or at the very least looking through the topics of the page you're on, before making your own new topic :wink:
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby Merodyn » Sun Sep 30, 2007 4:14 pm

well i've read some of it... But my question was general for SSC and onwards. I mean i had no idea that i needed this much frost/nature resistance, been doing a real HARDcore grinding session to afford to craft my gear these last few days.

Anyway u think it's possible to tank all 4 adds as a paladin with my ger level?
Merodyn

Postby Lieris » Sun Sep 30, 2007 4:18 pm

If you MT the boss you need as close to 365 resistance as possible (Flask of Chromatic Wonder is very nice for this), 490 defence and as much health as you can manage (I have 15K raid buffed without commanding shout which I find to be plenty). Two pieces of T4 and the Libram of Eternal Rest really help your aggro here.
Lieris
Maintankadonor

Postby Merodyn » Mon Oct 01, 2007 2:37 pm

Thanks for tipsing about that libram, if u hadnt i'd prolly go in with + block rating one >.<

I got a problem now tho with my resist gear... I crafted full Wildguard, the JC ring and neck for nature resist. I've also crafted full Iceguard and the JC stuff ring/neck for that...

But now i cant find anything more to get.. still missing about 30-40 resistance to be topped in both schools. I cant find any greens at ah with frost/nature resist, anyone know anything else that is crafted like from cloth that will help me?
Merodyn

Postby Anubisknight » Mon Oct 01, 2007 3:22 pm

I think warriors are better suited to tank hydross due to threat problems. Block rating is useless for the hydross fight - and I think so is dodge rating (I may be mistaken) since the last time I saw the combat logs, the adds' hit% was 100. Again, I may be reading the logs incorrectly.

I would say tanking upto 2 adds isnt a problem. Anything higher than that can be a bit problematic. One other concern is that in resist gear, you may have to sacrifice some stamina too - so healers will have a hard time keeping you up if you are tanking more than 2 adds. I've been tanking the adds with 192 resist (buffed with hunter's aspect of nature and frost aura), 484 def. I dont recall the hp off the top of my head, but it was about 2.5k lower than in my tank gear (unbuffed).
Anubisknight

Postby Worldie » Mon Oct 01, 2007 3:54 pm

You can still dodge and parry both adds and hydross, simply you can't block.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby adese » Mon Oct 01, 2007 7:34 pm

Anubisknight wrote:I think warriors are better suited to tank hydross due to threat problems. Block rating is useless for the hydross fight - and I think so is dodge rating (I may be mistaken) since the last time I saw the combat logs, the adds' hit% was 100. Again, I may be reading the logs incorrectly.

My guild just tried Hydross for the 2nd time last night - here is the parse of our best attempt. I was the NR tank, and I had 0 dodged or parried attacks. I don't recall what my stats were at the time, but I'm sure I would've dodged or parried at least one if I was able to.
adese

Return to Serpentshrine Cavern