Soloing Kara Bosses

Strats / Info that doesn't fit in a specific instance

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Soloing Kara Bosses

Postby Stinkpalm » Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:27 pm

So,
I was bored yesterday waiting for a friend to log on and decided to go into Kara and see if i could solo Attumen and get a mount.

Was surprisingly easy. And it was quick enough i had no respawns. Being able to keep up SOL/JOL and still do dmg with HOR and ShOR made all the difference. I didnt have time to try Moroes or anyone else, but might give it a go sometime soon. Moroes hits so weak that im assuming getting the adds down and getting him 1 on 1 will be the annoying part.

Only advice i have is to have the badge libram for the extra ShOR damage and dont give into the urge to consecrate when you have both Midnight and Attun or you will have mana issues. I did have to use a mana pot, but it wouldnt have been necessary if i hadnt consecrated early on.

Use Divine Plea and Exorcism whenever its up. You will need to switch between SOW and SOL a few times, but overall pretty easy and did it on my first shot.
Last edited by Stinkpalm on Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stinkpalm

Postby $hOTty » Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:05 pm

nice, any gear requirements?
$hOTty

Postby HinataDestiny » Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:14 pm

Judging from his gear I would say at least some heroic epics and some badge gear
Retired Wowhead since Feb 14th 2009

A4 - Anime Forums - Your Place to Talk Anime

Playing: Halo(Heroic), Halo 2(Heroic), Ill let you know if/when I get to legendary.
HinataDestiny

Postby heed » Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:44 pm

Good idea to farm attumen for the mount :)

I just soloed him, pretty easy, no mount though. Then went and soloed moroes and maiden just to see if I could. Moroes was a joke, maiden was pretty close though.

I went to opera too, or course i got Romeo and Juliet, so that was it.
Last edited by heed on Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
heed

Postby Veilan » Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:18 pm

Mhm, Moroes' mana burn adds scare me. What about those, feared, or simply resisted going lalalala I'm level 80?
Ythalaine - Die Aldor EU
Veilan

Postby HinataDestiny » Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:40 am

Tried myself in current gear and had a lot of difficulty on the trash definitely need mostly badge/heroic gear
Retired Wowhead since Feb 14th 2009

A4 - Anime Forums - Your Place to Talk Anime

Playing: Halo(Heroic), Halo 2(Heroic), Ill let you know if/when I get to legendary.
HinataDestiny

Postby Krazy » Fri Dec 05, 2008 5:00 am

I soloed attumen with full badge/heroic gear and it was pretty easy (I am block capped with HS). Trash was no problem at all, even the 5 packs...just make sure to kill the humans first because they knock you down from time to time.

I cleared out Moroes' room to try it just for kicks but......

I got the holy priest and had no way to reliably interrupt her so she just healed and healed...enter ZG tiger boss problem.

The shadow priest probably would be easier as you could just burn her down first and from there would be cake. The garrote still hurts but is healable with SoL and can be bubbled off.

I soloed attumen last reset but I'm thinking about going back this weekend to see if I have a different combo on moroes.

Maiden would be a very hard solo (I tried but failed) (silence & magic damage) and curator would be too (lots of arcane damage from sparks).

You could probably solo the opera event if you got BBW...Oz would be pretty hard due to the magic damage from dorothy and the crone, not to mention fall damage from the cyclone...R&J would be hard without an interrupter.

Nightbane would probably be fairly easy though.

Shade of Aran and Illhoof would likely be impossible due to the incoming magic damage (Illhoof MIGHT be feasable).

Netherspite and prince would defintely be a no go.
Krazy

Postby Belloc » Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:58 am

Krazy wrote:I soloed attumen with full badge/heroic gear and it was pretty easy (I am block capped with HS). Trash was no problem at all, even the 5 packs...just make sure to kill the humans first because they knock you down from time to time.

I got the holy priest and had no way to reliably interrupt her so she just healed and healed...enter ZG tiger boss problem.

The shadow priest probably would be easier as you could just burn her down first and from there would be cake. The garrote still hurts but is healable with SoL and can be bubbled off.

I soloed attumen last reset but I'm thinking about going back this weekend to see if I have a different combo on moroes.

Maiden would be a very hard solo (I tried but failed) (silence & magic damage) and curator would be too (lots of arcane damage from sparks).

You could probably solo the opera event if you got BBW...Oz would be pretty hard due to the magic damage from dorothy and the crone, not to mention fall damage from the cyclone...R&J would be hard without an interrupter.

Shade of Aran and Illhoof would likely be impossible due to the incoming magic damage (Illhoof MIGHT be feasable).

If you let the instance soft reset, you will have a different set of Moroes adds. Also, a glyph of exorcism will help with interrupting the heals. You can cycle through Hammer, Holy Wrath, and Exorcism.
Belloc

Postby Krazy » Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:42 am

Belloc wrote:
Krazy wrote:I soloed attumen with full badge/heroic gear and it was pretty easy (I am block capped with HS). Trash was no problem at all, even the 5 packs...just make sure to kill the humans first because they knock you down from time to time.

If you let the instance soft reset, you will have a different set of Moroes adds. Also, a glyph of exorcism will help with interrupting the heals. You can cycle through Hammer, Holy Wrath, and Exorcism.

Thanks belloc, I'll have to try out that glyph!
Krazy

Postby Belloc » Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:03 am

I soloed the first three as well... exorcism glyph is very useful for interrupting heals on Moroes. The other problem on Moroes is the add that stuns. Hope that it doesn't happen.

On Attumen, I had to bubble heal, hand of protection heal, and bubble heal again. I used Lay on Hands as well. Then again, I'm not 102.4% yet.

I used the same tactic at some point on Moroes.

Maiden was very straight forward -- mash your buttons and bubble heal at some point.

Oz was stupid. If you could somehow burn Dorothee down fast enough, you'd probably be able to finish off the rest. Dorothee, unfortunately, is a boss level mob, whereas the rest appeared to be 72 or 73.

Finally, Spider Animal Boss = not possible. You'll spend the entire fight web-wrapped.
Belloc

Postby inthedrops » Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:19 am

I tried this yesterday. Attumen was easy. Moroes was not.

I had three attempts on moroes and managed to get him to 50% on the third attempt. Here's what happened...

I had shadow priest, holy priest, ret paladin, and protection warrior. On the first attempt I figured I'd kill the holy priest first. Didn't take long before I was stunned, lost a lot of health, followed up with a mana burn and I was toast.

Second attempt I decided to chain fear the ret paladin but to go after the mana burn mob first. Didn't work out too well either. I took a lot of damage trying to cast a second fear and was stunned again anyway.

Third attempt I decided to burn down the holy priest again followed by the ret paladin. I popped wings when the priest got low and burned her down quick. Then I worked on the ret paladin. I was eventually able to kill all of the mobs but with garrote constantly ticking on me I was not able to build up enough mana/health to keep ahead of it. I think it was ticking for like 644 a second.

It was a slow death while I struggled to have enough mana for a couple FoL heals in between each vanish.

If I were to try this again, I'd ensure that I did not kill the protection warrior so he could be used as a mana battery via sanctuary. The truth is, I didn't TRY to kill him he just ended up dieing about the time the shadow priest died.

So if I were to do this again the one thing I'd change it to try to keep at least one mob up when fighting moroes OR I'd do what it sounds like someone else did and completely ignore the other mobs except for the healing aspect.....and pray the ret paladin doesn't get too many stuns off :)
inthedrops
Maintankadonor

Postby Belloc » Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:31 am

One of the good things about killing the Moroes adds is that it gives you time to get a holy light off while Moroes is vanished. It also reduces your mana generation, though, which is the hardest thing about soloing these bosses.

At a naxx/heroic gear level, you basically HAVE to rotate your cooldowns (bubble heal, HoP heal, lay on hands, bubble heal) and use a mana pot at some point.

Also, if you've got a bad mix of adds, you might as well just soft reset the instance and hope for a better mix. I had the holy priest (exorcism interrupts are awesome), ret paladin, and 2 warriors. My strategy was to burn down the priest while interrupting all of her heals (again, hammer stun, holy wrath stun, exorcism interrupt) and I bubbled through the first stun that I received. The rest was just hoping for the best.
Belloc

Postby Valsh » Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:24 am

Had the holy priest, spriest, retardin + warrior today. Just nuked the healer to 40%, she started to heal HoJ and finished her off. Then went for the spriest and used Arcane torrent to avoid the first Mana burn and Holy wrath for the second. Had to LoH when moroes was on 40%, stupid stun. Seems a bit random but definitely not hard.

Unfortunately i got Rom + Juliette at opera, which is impossible without a solid interrupt.
Valsh

Postby Belloc » Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:37 am

Valsh wrote:Had the holy priest, spriest, retardin + warrior today. Just nuked the healer to 40%, she started to heal HoJ and finished her off. Then went for the spriest and used Arcane torrent to avoid the first Mana burn and Holy wrath for the second. Had to LoH when moroes was on 40%, stupid stun. Seems a bit random but definitely not hard.

Unfortunately i got Rom + Juliette at opera, which is impossible without a solid interrupt.

I'm wondering if exorcism glyph + talented HoJ would do the trick.
Belloc

Postby vya » Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:44 am

Tried Attumen once before raiding last night and it didn't go well. It seemed like I was getting knocked down constantly, taking 800-900 dmg while on the ground. This built up over time and I eventually went OOM healing myself. I didn't have time to keep trying, but it wasn't as easy as I thought it would be.
vya

Next

Return to General Strats