Remove Advertisements

[10] Patchwerk

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Postby daemonym » Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:32 am

so one of the oficers in my guild said that the strikes cannot be mitigated at all and hit for about 26k. i'm guessing this is either true in 25 but not in 10, or completely wrong, i'm leaning towards the latter. so what's it hit for and is it reduced by block/armor?
Again. What grim vision this? Blood stained tomb, beer cans, and piss. This. Is no life...for a god.

Stokpile/Zurathustra of Ysera-US, Horde
Makin the WoW gold blog http://theahpile.blogspot.com/
I have 2 million gold. http://theahpile.blogspot.com/2011/05/i-have-2-million-gold.html
Total as of 5-3-11: 2,064,000g
daemonym

Postby Chunes » Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:36 am

might be true in the 25, definitely not true in 10.

10man strikes can be mitigated/avoided.

All i can recall from 25patch is that his strikes were hitting me in the neighborhood of 23/24k. HS was up most the time.
Chunes

Postby Seloei » Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:12 am

His attacks hit the second target in melee range, even if he has less health than the maintank. Threat based who is the target?
Last week we "tried" to solo tank tank the instance with having a dps warrior, i was never below 25k health and he still died on patchwerk, due to getting 16k hurtful strikes. After he died, it was just 4-6k hateful spam.
So it's not based on "highest health" and if you have no offtank and you have melee, say bye-bye to them.

Also, isn't there a potion cooldown on the armor potions? Someone mentioned earlier in this thread that to use one as soon as it's out etc. But i thought it counted under the rest of the pots and haven't checked it since the pot nerf came o.O
Seloei

Postby Belloc » Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:41 am

Seloei wrote:His attacks hit the second target in melee range, even if he has less health than the maintank. Threat based who is the target?
Last week we "tried" to solo tank tank the instance with having a dps warrior, i was never below 25k health and he still died on patchwerk, due to getting 16k hurtful strikes. After he died, it was just 4-6k hateful spam.
So it's not based on "highest health" and if you have no offtank and you have melee, say bye-bye to them.

Also, isn't there a potion cooldown on the armor potions? Someone mentioned earlier in this thread that to use one as soon as it's out etc. But i thought it counted under the rest of the pots and haven't checked it since the pot nerf came o.O

As far as pots go, you use an armor pot immediately before pulling. Potion sickness only applies to potions used while in combat.

Patchwerk hatefuls work as follows: whoever is second on his threat list on 10-man version will always receive the hateful strike. In the 25-man version, he will choose whoever has the highest current health out of the 2nd and 3rd players on his threat list. Hatefuls increase the threat of every possible hateful target and the MT.

In other words, get a real OT, even if it's a warrior wearing tank gear.

And all hatefuls can be mitigated.
Belloc

Previous

Return to T7: Naxx / Maly / Sarth / Archavon