Remove Advertisements

Struggling with Stamina

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

Postby Neroth » Tue Dec 09, 2008 6:55 am

You could also go out and quest for rep.

There are a large number of Ebon Blade and Argent Crusade quests in Zul'drak and Icecrown.

I also grabbed as much Wyrmrest rep as I could while levelling.

Between those 3 reps you can get a pretty decent starting set for both Prot and Ret. I think there is a nice 2h wep in there as well at honored with one of them (I'm at work so can't check to see which one.).

the side benefit to the quests is that the gold builds up fast so you will have some cash to buy some purples if you need too.

Go to wowhead and look at the gear from the different rep vendors. Decide what you want and get to friendly with them so you can buy the tabard. Run as many associated quests as you can... Run lvl 80 dungeons/easy heroics with the tabard on. Run the daily dungeon quest and the daily heroic if its in your range. Do the daily quests for those factions.

You will be uncrittable and over 21k in less than a week.

If you are right at a goal (such as uncrittable or block capped) then you want to use at least blue quality gems to get the most out of each slot.

If you are comfortably over a goal but not to the next then I generally try to get the most bang for my buck and buy the green quality "perfect" cuts off the AH instead of using blue quality gems. The stamina gem for example is 21 stam instead of 24 stam, but the 3 stam difference isn't worth 3 times the price to me on an item that isn't a purple.
Neroth

Postby CDnight » Tue Dec 09, 2008 7:57 am

Thanks to all, I really can't stop thanking you all for the great advice. I will look into all that was mentioned and more and will be taken onboard.

I quickly log on my character to put on my tanking gear so that you all can see where am going wrong and what to start working on. One thing I did notice on my gear is that some of my gems and enchantment are wrong, more power rather than def and stam and have not enchant some of my gear too. All this will be done when I get home tonight.

Not sure if my armory as updated itself but here it is again.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... usadanight

Thanks again.

From a humble Paladin

CDNight
CDnight

Postby amh » Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:23 am

Aye, armory updated.

Ah, you´re missing an awesome quest-reward!

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=44040

from the quest: http://www.wowhead.com/?quest=13157

Except for the stupid mace, this is probably the quest-reward I was most happy to find! The quest-chain is quite cool too.

You´re only half a nudge away from Argent Crusade honored for the cloak, so I´d say that would be what to aim for at first :)
I used to play a paladin.
amh
Maintankadonor

Postby amh » Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:26 am

And here´s a list of neck-pieces from quests:
http://www.wowhead.com/?items=4.-3&filt ... rv=0:0:0:0

(god i love that filter-function)
I used to play a paladin.
amh
Maintankadonor

Postby Kroda » Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:30 am

I'm at 78 and have 20k hp with 540 defense.

some suggestions:

do quests for factions that give tank gear (wyrmrest, ebon, argent)
crafted BS gear
crafted JC gear

hit the maxdps site and look at prot warrior gear, much of that is quested and they have similar requirements to us for gear.

look at Honor's spreadsheet to find upgrades as well.

Put on your tank set and repost this so we can make more concrete suggestions.

good luck!

p.s. finish levelling mining. Once you can make your own titansteel bars the gear will be easy
Kroda

Postby Igrado » Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:34 am

[url=Zamach's WoTLK Gear Listhttp://maintankadin.failsafedesign. ... hp?t=14979]Zamach's WoTLK Gear List[/url] (stickied in the Gear Segment of the forums) may be of some help.
Igrado
Maintankadonor

Postby Tronden » Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:55 am

I havent really had much issue with stamina - but then again I do have 2 sonic noise machines with 41 stamina each. but I am sitting at 19k or so unbuffed and I am a level 75. I havent even upgraded my chest yet - which I will be doing tonight...
Tronden of Runetotem (US)
Guildmaster <Guardians of Azeroth>
Tronden

Postby degre » Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:22 am

CDnight wrote:Not sure if my armory as updated itself but here it is again.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... usadanight

Looks like I missed the moment and you're now in ret gear again, and while we're at it, you are specced prot, ok the dps gear, but why the 2hander? o_O
On EU-Kadghar: Degre | Beldegre | Degrotto | Koshien
degre

Postby phaqueue » Wed Dec 10, 2008 3:41 am

Ok... so I'm at work and can't see the armory link (either of them) so I'll just try to help a little with my thoughts on gearing for prot...

First...
This is where I learned most everything I know about playing a Prot paladin (and a decent amount of what I know about ret)... here's the thing... you came to these boards because you recognize there are people here who know what they're talking about... (even if they don't say it in the nicest way... doesn't make the answer any less correct)

Second...
I had the same problem you did when I hit 80... I was in basically all lvl 70 epics and low-mid 70's quest gear... it's really not that hard to get your way to 540 defense and a respectable amount of stam... just keep at it... - also - for a little bit - you can play the "change one piece to upgrade another" game... I had 2-3 different gear choices for some slots... so I could interchange to keep my stats where I want them when I upgrade gear...

Third...
You are on the MAINTANKADIN forums... most of what we will tend to suggest is so that you can main tank things... whether that be regular instances, heroics, 10mans or 25mans... the idea is for you to be able to main tank things... sorry that your guild doesn't know what it's doing yet... but that shouldn't stop you from getting the best gear you can otherwise (meaning heroics too)
The old thing used to be that you needed different gear to tank heroics than raids... this line seems to have blurred some... seeing as avoidance isn't as terrible in heroics now... it used to be the problem of being mana-starved the entire heroic because of not getting hit... but the change to sanc seems to have helped a ton here - so you can use the same basic gear to tank heroics and main tank raids...

I know I am more than happy to try to help (feel free to PM me if you have questions - I"ll try to answer them - or help you find the answer...) hopefully you'll be tanking heroics and more soon enough (if that's what you're aiming to do!)
"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." -Douglas Adams
phaqueue

Previous

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice