Remove Advertisements

[10] Starting Nax

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

[10] Starting Nax

Postby Mysticeyez » Tue Dec 09, 2008 6:45 am

We have three tanks available for Nax at this point. Now my question to you all is which tank should be assigned to which role? Mainly who should be maintank, who should offtank of course.

Armory links:

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... =Funkatron

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... lm&n=Kyian

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... ysiannight

Any help and input is appreciated =)
Mysticeyez

Postby mirkodeluxe » Tue Dec 09, 2008 7:42 am

Sorry, but you have to be more specific. Are we talking 10 or 25 man?
And if you'd used the search tool you would have realised that it doesnt matter much in naxx. Its more about what your dpsers and healers are doing than having an imba geared tank.

Glancing at the armory links I feel youre all pretty equal and whoever is the best skilled should do the tanking.
mirkodeluxe

Postby Mysticeyez » Tue Dec 09, 2008 7:45 am

Sorry. Its just 10 man. I am trying to avoid any possible arguments/hurt feelings in the guild by coming to people I feel probably know more than I do.
Mysticeyez

Postby verthis » Tue Dec 09, 2008 7:47 am

The only thing you should be asking yourself is “ which of these tanks is uncrittable “ if they all are, they can all MT and OT any encounter in Naxx without a problem. Each of these tanks has round about the same stats and all are uncrittable. So you have 3 possible main tanks and 3 possible off tanks. Which you choose is up to you entirely
verthis

Postby Mysticeyez » Tue Dec 09, 2008 7:52 am

Ok. Thanks a bunch guys! I will make the decision based on experience and skill of the tanks.
Mysticeyez

Postby mirkodeluxe » Tue Dec 09, 2008 7:59 am

If you want to single out one of these three I would say the last one, Elysiannight. If only because he's the only one who's bothered to get
revered with Argent crusade för the Head enchant.
The warrior doesnt even have an enchant on his helmet and the other pally has stupid gems in his trinkets along with 24AP on wrists, and no kings :shock:

EDIT: note to self: read Sigs :)

In short order, you seem to have the best idea of how to gem and enchant your gear. GL :)
mirkodeluxe

Postby guillex » Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:02 am

Next time, please specify, in your Subject, whether or not you're talking about [10], [25], or [10/25].

Takes a moment of your time, and makes sure that everyone knows what type of raid you're talking about.
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby verthis » Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:02 am

mirkodeluxe wrote:If you want to single out one of these three I would say the last one, Elysiannight. If only because he's the only one who's bothered to get
revered with Argent crusade för the Head enchant.
The warrior doesnt even have an enchant on his helmet and the other pally has stupid gems in his trinkets along with 24AP on wrists.

EDIT: note to self: read Sigs :)

In short order, you seem to have the best idea of how to gem and enchant your gear. GL :)

Have to agree with this, a tank that goes the extra mile to get his gear into the best possible state regardless of cost is a dedicated tank, a dedicated tank is a trustworthy tank and more than likely a tank that knows what they are doing.
verthis

Postby majiben » Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:03 am

The warrior but i'm not particularly happy having any of you tank, not because you couldn't tank it (all of you could) but because none of you have come close to using all the resources you have to improve yourselves.

All of you are using, poor quality enchants, misenchants, old gear, or simply missing enchants.

on the warrior:
Dps trinket
got the worse but more expensive armor kit to boots
Unenchanted helm, cloak and bracers
Took +18 stamina to chest and shield when there are much better defense enchants.

On paladin kyian:
Old cloak, and belt
subpar enchant on the cloak, bracer, pants, shield
No enchant on boots
Poor quality gems used in JC trinkets and no JC gems
Didn't use chest or cloak upgrade from the wyrmrest

On paladin Elysiannight:
Subpar enchant on cloak, feet, shield, and legs
Old BV trinket
Better chest upgrade from wyrmrest.

You all have similar gear with the warrior winning out slightly on that end. The warrior and elysian put the most effort into their gear but still not enough. Also remember that some fights are better suited by different tanks. For instance you want your best geared tanks as off tanks on patchwerk. A paladin tank on loatheb is also preferable.
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
majiben

Postby mirkodeluxe » Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:17 am

He's right..

I'd better go and change my enchants a bit.. been slacking with all the new gear I got. :oops:
mirkodeluxe

Postby verthis » Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:50 am

Being a tank, you signed up for this, spend the gold, get the best enchants, gems and armor kits you can. Your gear should be in the best form it can be because that is what is important, farm the rep, farm greens for enchanting mats or spend the gold to get what is needed, use your consumables generously and don’t gimp at any point. This is what you signed up for, get used to it. :D

Edit: typo
verthis

Postby Mysticeyez » Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:35 am

Very sorry about not putting the 10 man in the topic. I will make sure to do that next time.

As far as my gear goes. It's honestly still a work in progress. The cloak I just got not that long ago and I grabbed the first enchant I could get off the AH to hold me until I could get a guildmate to enchant it.

Which enchants would you guys suggest for Cloak, feet, and shield? I would assume defense but you know what they say about assuming anything.

I plan to get the Wyrmwrest chest. My first priority though was the head enchant and the shoulder enchant.

Only reason I am still using the old trinket at this point is because I have not seen a better one yet. Any recomendations? I have had some issues getting groups together because the other two tanks are able to log on earlier than I am ( I have kids to put to bed and they don't) so they snag everyone before I can.

I agree 100% that a tank should be willing to put time , gold and effort into their gear. I started putting together the mats for my crafted epics before I even hit 80. I have been tanking in one form or another for a long time. I have not been tanking on a paladin for too long though so I am still learning about them. Previously I tanked on a Druid. In fact most of our guilds "firsts" were done while I was tanking on my druid because I was the one in the guild that went to whatever lengths I had to to have the best possible gear.
Mysticeyez

Postby majiben » Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:49 am

Do you have a TBC stamina trinket? I would use that in the mean time. From heroics there's a +111 stamina trinket and a +74 BR trinket. You can buy a +80 dodge trinket from emblems also.

+16 defense to cloak
+20 defense to shield
+22 stamina to boots.
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
majiben

Postby Mysticeyez » Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:52 am

Thank you. Unfortunatly I do not have a BC stam trinket. But I will find out which heroic that trinket you mentioned drops from and make it a point to try to get that. Failing that I will get the badges to pick up the badge one.

I will also make it a point to find someone with those enchants and get the as soon as possible =D

Any other gear suggestions for me? Gem Suggestions?
Mysticeyez

Return to T7: Naxx / Maly / Sarth / Archavon