Remove Advertisements

[10] Heigan P1

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

[10] Heigan P1

Postby Sober » Sun Dec 07, 2008 2:25 am

So I know he's supposed to be 'danced' by the MT but strangely enough with the group I was running basically we did P1 of Heigan by having the MT drag him to the top right corner of the platform, ranged stack in the bottom left and they didnt get the aura and just tank and spanked him til P2. Granted I wasn't MTing and we had disease cleansing totem down so the disease he puts down pretty much is cleared as soon as it comes down, but I'm just wondering if P1 is supposed to be the MT dances, then P2 everyone does it.

I've been thinking of doing it if I get a chance to MT him (RNG hates me for /roll ) and considering the lava bursts are pretty slow, melee shouldn't have a problem except for needing cleanses right?
Sober

Postby Conaan! » Sun Dec 07, 2008 3:02 am

heigan dance is hard?

we 3 manned heigan 69% - 0%, healer, Ot, MT (me), 27 minute 27 seconds exactly, isnt hard to do, and i was the only one with prior dancing experience
Lore wrote:JEAPORDY: CREEPY BASEMENT EDITION
Conaan!

Re: [10] Heigan P1

Postby Ursula » Sun Dec 07, 2008 3:22 am

Sober wrote:So I know he's supposed to be 'danced' by the MT but strangely enough with the group I was running basically we did P1 of Heigan by having the MT drag him to the top right corner of the platform, ranged stack in the bottom left and they didnt get the aura and just tank and spanked him til P2. Granted I wasn't MTing and we had disease cleansing totem down so the disease he puts down pretty much is cleared as soon as it comes down, but I'm just wondering if P1 is supposed to be the MT dances, then P2 everyone does it.

I've been thinking of doing it if I get a chance to MT him (RNG hates me for /roll ) and considering the lava bursts are pretty slow, melee shouldn't have a problem except for needing cleanses right?

Hmm is that an exploit?

heigan dance is hard?

we 3 manned heigan 69% - 0%, healer, Ot, MT (me), 27 minute 27 seconds exactly, isnt hard to do, and i was the only one with prior dancing experience

Lol, cocky.

The less people are in the group, the easier it seems because less people die.
Ursula

Postby Conaan! » Sun Dec 07, 2008 3:35 am

Ursula wrote:[

heigan dance is hard?

Lol, cocky.

The less people are in the group, the easier it seems because less people die.

yes cocky, we stopped to teabag the dead each time during P2
Lore wrote:JEAPORDY: CREEPY BASEMENT EDITION
Conaan!

Postby Sober » Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:53 am

Ursula wrote:Hmm is that an exploit?

Didn't seem so, we just outranged the aura another way, totems did the ranged group I picked up the slack on the tank getting diseased. Noone got hit by lava bursts and didnt have to kite him. It's not really til P2 til he rapes the platform so we all start to back up around 5s to P2.
Sober

Postby Kynes » Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:26 am

Sober wrote:
Ursula wrote:Hmm is that an exploit?

Didn't seem so, we just outranged the aura another way, totems did the ranged group I picked up the slack on the tank getting diseased. Noone got hit by lava bursts and didnt have to kite him. It's not really til P2 til he rapes the platform so we all start to back up around 5s to P2.

I would imagine avoiding the intended mechanic would be an "exploit", however unintentional.

That being said, I used to abuse the phase 2 dance safe spot back in 40 man :D
Kynes of the Nightfall - Darkspear
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... ar&n=Kynes

Eversteel used to tank uphill both ways in the snow.
Kynes

Postby enbee » Mon Dec 08, 2008 3:07 am

its real easy to do the "dance". Also, the way you're doing it was just impossible at 60, since he proxy manaburned, glad they removed that (wouldve killed our tanking.. maybe)
LoL, a paladin tank!
enbee

Postby Chunes » Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:02 am

Conaan! wrote:
yes cocky, we stopped to teabag the dead each time during P2

this is standard practice in my guild as well.
Chunes

Postby omnomlets » Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:09 pm

We had one death on our first heigan attempt. I put a star on my head (I'd never done it, but I had watched a video) and said "stand near me" while I tanked the boss, then said "now move faster" during phase 2. I don't know why anyone would die, our one death will have a hard time living it down.
omnomlets

Postby Chunes » Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:49 pm

hard thing about "follow the lucky charm" is that lag will cause people's comps to render you in places you aren't really standing, be it ahead or behind where you are in actuality.

Best practice is to just watch the floor yourself and not even pay attention to the rest of the raid.

cover your own ass (cyoa, thats acronym of the month material there.)
Chunes

Postby Zoltar » Mon Dec 08, 2008 3:23 pm

Chunes wrote:hard thing about "follow the lucky charm" is that lag will cause people's comps to render you in places you aren't really standing, be it ahead or behind where you are in actuality.

Best practice is to just watch the floor yourself and not even pay attention to the rest of the raid.

I agree. On our first two attempts I was standing on top of the druid that had done the 40 man version and moving with him but still getting hit. Once I started just timing the run myself, although the rest of the group appeared to be behind me I was safe and never got hit at all.
Zoltar

Postby Macktruck » Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:38 pm

....what the? DUDE...I was totally with the group. How the..? OMG! Man, that's some BS right there!

The above is the most common phrase heard during Heigan...and strangely enough by the exact same people.

If you want cocky, stomping on people's faces while throwing out instant casts is always funny.

Though, watching people take Flasks of Petrification, priceless.
Macktruck

Postby knaughty » Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:35 pm

We don't dance in P1.

I pull from "zone 4" (near the bat-tunnel), park him just off the platform against the wall with melee able to reach, and ranged sit far corner and nuke.

Means you only have to do one dance phase as DPS can actually focus on DPS.

Worst place in-zone for lag causing issues is frogger slimes. I play with 300 ms ping. Server occasionally randomly decides I walked through some random slime I was nowhere near. The New Zealanders on 400+ basically play Russian Roulette and hope for the best.

I now bubble after PW and deliberately pop a few on my way through (when I can hit them... server also sometimes decides I missed).

You can also kill them with hunter pets (pets don't die for some reason).
This isn't the "Offtankadin" forum. My MoP FAQ: http://tinyurl.com/FAQ-5-0
- Knaughty.
knaughty
Maintankadonor

Location: Sydney, plotting my next diatribe against the forces of ignorance!

Postby Zoltar » Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:54 pm

Knaughty wrote:We don't dance in P1.

I pull from "zone 4" (near the bat-tunnel), park him just off the platform against the wall with melee able to reach, and ranged sit far corner and nuke.

Interesting. So in zone 4 do you still get hit by eruptions against the wall? By zone 4 do you mean the quadrant on Heigan's left? I always thought the area you enter from (with the bat and grub trash) was zone 1?
Zoltar

Postby knaughty » Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:51 pm

Zoltar wrote:
Knaughty wrote:We don't dance in P1.

Interesting. So in zone 4 do you still get hit by eruptions against the wall? By zone 4 do you mean the quadrant on Heigan's left? I always thought the area you enter from (with the bat and grub trash) was zone 1?

><

Zone 1 is where you come in

Zone 4 is where you leave for next boss.

I'm probably mis-remembering the trash.
Code: Select all
====-Back-=======================-Wall-=======
           |             K|
           |              |H
           |             M| *   
           |  platform    |  *   
           |X             |     *
           |==============|      *

K = Knaughty
H = Hiegan
M = Melee
X = range, healers

*'s = path I run in on. AS, Exi, Judge on the way
This isn't the "Offtankadin" forum. My MoP FAQ: http://tinyurl.com/FAQ-5-0
- Knaughty.
knaughty
Maintankadonor

Location: Sydney, plotting my next diatribe against the forces of ignorance!

Return to T7: Naxx / Maly / Sarth / Archavon