Remove Advertisements

[10] [25] Differences in encounters

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

[10] [25] Differences in encounters

Postby Vires » Mon Dec 08, 2008 5:49 pm

Tonight my guild is hitting 25 man naxx for the first time and i had a general question regarding the encounters. Mostly im curious of what to expect different. We full cleared earlier in the reset week on 10 man. I expect the encounters to be more challenging on tanks and healers, as well as mobs to have more life - any other things we should be watching out for? Were shooting for Plague wing and Spider wing tonight; any tips for 25 man worth mentioning? Or just same "throw shield take damage get healed move on" sitaution? Thanks guys!
Vires

Postby knaughty » Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:15 pm

You have to MC at Razuvious, and there's four adds, so you need an OT.

Thaddius is much harder - DPS check is actually a DPS check.

Umm...

KT has four adds in P3, you want two add tanks (can be done with 3 on the add tank, one on the MT in an emergency).

Ummm...

Can't think of anything else. If most of your guild has been through the 10-man, you'll probably clear two wings a night pretty easy.
This isn't the "Offtankadin" forum. My MoP FAQ: http://tinyurl.com/FAQ-5-0
- Knaughty.
knaughty
Maintankadonor

Location: Sydney, plotting my next diatribe against the forces of ignorance!

Postby Worldie » Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:40 pm

The fact that Kel Thuzad mind controls 1-2 random people (except the tank) and reset aggro everytime he does so is worth noticing.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby knaughty » Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:50 pm

Worldie wrote:The fact that Kel Thuzad mind controls 1-2 random people (except the tank) and reset aggro everytime he does so is worth noticing.

Oh, OK and that as well. :D Skip HotR if melee are MC'd until they're CC'd so you don't stick a SoV stack on them. This also makes Fear Ward worth having up, because MC'd people have a terrible tendency to fear bomb.

He's taunt-able though - do taunt, Judge, ShoR2, ShoR1, Exorcism and DPS probably won't notice the aggro reset.

Frostbolt hits a fair bit harder, get a proper interrupt rotation going.
This isn't the "Offtankadin" forum. My MoP FAQ: http://tinyurl.com/FAQ-5-0
- Knaughty.
knaughty
Maintankadonor

Location: Sydney, plotting my next diatribe against the forces of ignorance!

Postby Blitzago » Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:53 pm

ya, thadd is an actual DPS race, thats the only real difficult difference, sapph is easy also, but thadd you want almost everyone alive if you plan on killing him,
Blitzago

Postby Poneress » Tue Dec 09, 2008 12:16 am

Patchwerk hits so damn hard in 25 man compared to 10 man. 10 Man I was MT him for like 6-9k total no issues. 25 man I was taking the hate fulls and was getting hit for 28k then 14k 3-4 seconds later.

Also, if your grp is not on top of it for 4 horsemen, wow. you will whipe fast.
Poneress

Postby Dehn » Tue Dec 09, 2008 12:45 am

Poneress wrote:Patchwerk hits so damn hard in 25 man compared to 10 man. 10 Man I was MT him for like 6-9k total no issues. 25 man I was taking the hate fulls and was getting hit for 28k then 14k 3-4 seconds later.

Also, if your grp is not on top of it for 4 horsemen, wow. you will whipe fast.

We've never had problems with Patchwerk in 25mans, one shotting him every week. But we put a druid in max hp gear as hateful strike soaker, and me as MT, and thats a breeze.

Sapphiron & KT were all 2-shotted first try.... but Thaddius was a fucking pain, as there was always 1-2 retards dieing early.

Thaddius, KT, 4H are harder in 25mans, due to mechanics changing.
Grobbulus is actually way easier in 25mans.
Dehn

Postby kartera » Tue Dec 09, 2008 3:23 am

Actually.
- Anub has 2 Adds from the beginning.
- Grand Widdow now has 2 normal adds + 4 worshipper you must controll and use the silence skill
- Maexxna is the same

- Patchwork hits much harder and 2 OT's are required (hs ~19-22k)
- Grobbulus is the same
- Gluth is the same
- Thaddius hard dps race and when your people are not able to see if they are + or - its undoable ^^

- Razuvius . 4 adds priest must mindcontroll
- Gothic is the same, but with more waves
- 4h men. Just a longer fight. Nothing speciall

- Noth , more adds, more curses and aggro reset blink
- DanceDance mob the same
- Loatheb the same

- Sapphiron the same , except 3 iceblocks and more curses...
- Kel'Thuzad, Mindcontroll, Frostbolts hit for ~18k and 4 adds

thats all ^^ hf
kartera

Return to T7: Naxx / Maly / Sarth / Archavon