Remove Advertisements

[10] 4 Horsemen, 2 Healers, 0 cups

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Postby Valsh » Mon Dec 08, 2008 3:36 pm

I heal Baron Rivendare when we run with 2 healers, as ret spec(And in ret gear). Just need to zerg Thane down before swapping.
Valsh

Postby Zoltar » Mon Dec 08, 2008 3:57 pm

My DPS group must seriously suck then as there was no way Thane was going to be dead by the 4th mark. This is the same group that cleared spider wing, plague wing, most of DK wing and Patchwerk. DPS hasn't seemed an issue till now.
Zoltar

Postby SmurfZG » Mon Dec 08, 2008 4:18 pm

When we did this progression, we had two healers and used the standard split dps and swap tactic. Our paladin healed the caster tanks, and our priest healed the melee tanks. Priest had some problems, but we got them down after a few tries. Basically, the priest dropped his stacks when possible.
Korthazz hits really weak, so not much healing is needed there. The meteor does dmg, but the priest can just throw a CoH to fix that.
SmurfZG

Postby Solitatis » Tue Dec 09, 2008 12:37 am

We did this fight last night with me tanking and nobody healing me. 2 healer set up.

I start off tanking Baron Rivendare , and the other tank takes Thane Kor'Thazz, with 1 of the healer.

In the back of the room we had a healer tanking Lady Blaumeux, and (any) ranged dps tanking Sir Zeliek. (thise two just ran their own game and switched at 3-4 debuffs)

Raid full nukes Thane Kor'Thazz and he will be dead before the 4th debuff hits the raid. The Thane Kor'Thazz tank then runs over with all the dps and the healer and takse out Baron Rivendare, while I run up to the ranged guys and take over the healer, tanking.

What did I do to survive Baron Rivendare solo? Well it is rather simple. JoL and seal of light and bubblewall, dident even have to pot or use LoH althou they are nice to have.

Hope this helps a few grps.
Thought without action is a daydream.
Action without thought is a nightmare.
Solitatis

Postby enbee » Tue Dec 09, 2008 12:52 am

have a ret/shadow/elemental/enhance/boomkin heal the first one, which you zerg
LoL, a paladin tank!
enbee

Postby Seloei » Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:00 am

We did it with 2 healers, with the melee tank healers being in range of the ranged tanks. The taunt switches were a bit tricky but the ranged tanks take only 3k damage every 2s, so they can live for ~10-15s without dieing

[___________________]
[__X_____________Y__]
\ __________________ /
\__R1________R2___/
[________________]
[________________]
[________________]
[ H1____O______H2]
/_________________\
/__________________\
[_T_______________R_]
[___________________]

X,Y - ranged bosses, R1,R2 - ranged tanks. H1, H2 - healers, T,R - melee tanks.
O - healer swap spot or ranged dps stack dropper.

The healers were basicly standing near the corner of the wall and moved a bit closer to the middle during tank swaps. The warlock tanking an add just drain life spammed during tank swap.

Hope you get an idea what the image is supposed to mean. During the melee tank swaps we announced "3 marks soon" that meant top off the ranged tanks and we swaped the middle ones. Healers moved a bit to keep the melee tanks in range and we rotated.
Since we had 2 dps on the ranged tanks, we needed two swaps.
Seloei

Postby Arcia » Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:38 am

Did it with 2 healers a few days ago, 1 shammy and 1 priest.

Ranged tanks were warlocks using their void walkers though.
Arcia

Postby dmok » Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:50 am

Zoltar wrote:We used the same setup for the caster tanks. What sort of DPS was your group doing on Zane? How many marks were you up to when Zane died?

We were downing Zane after about 6 marks, but that was with 3 healers in the raid and a full tank-swap to play it safe (progression kill and all). If we had 1 more dps, I could see him dropping in about 4-5 marks. Although I am not too sure how the healer healing both melee tanks would continue to heal the Baron tank starting with 5 marks. I guess you could have a dps cover it for 10s or so while the marks drop off, and then go back to killing Baron.
There ain't no pirate like a Mead Hall Pirate

Mead Hall Pirates - The Scryers US
Dmor: 80 Prot Paladin | Dmok: 80 MM Hunter | Dmos: 80 Disc Priest | Dmoz: 80 Unholy DK
dmok

Postby Kynes » Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:20 pm

We used a real healer with the ranged tanks, a real (aoe abilitied) healer for the dps group/tank, and a shadow priest for the off tank. Did Thane first to take pressure off raid healing, facerolled our way to loot from there.

Hope that helps :)
Kynes of the Nightfall - Darkspear
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... ar&n=Kynes

Eversteel used to tank uphill both ways in the snow.
Kynes

Postby Kalakaua » Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:09 am

We just had the deathknight tank one of the melee guys. He didn't really have a tank set either, but he was able to get up to 25k health raid buffed. Korthazz was critting him for 6k at times, but the healers could keep him up. I put on my healing gear and healed myself and the other guy in the back just fine. Bubblewalled and cast divine plea whenever it was up. Make sure you keep sacred shield up on yourself.
Kalakaua

Postby Wibu » Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:01 am

Some people will probably laugh at me but we did it (got the achiev at the same time.)

Basically, the 2 melee horses are tanked beside the caster horses. Just eat 2 different marks at the same time, really not an issue in 10 man.
Wibu

Postby fuzzygeek » Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:34 am

Wibu wrote:Some people will probably laugh at me but we did it (got the achiev at the same time.)

Basically, the 2 melee horses are tanked beside the caster horses. Just eat 2 different marks at the same time, really not an issue in 10 man.

Clever.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Zoltar » Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:37 pm

Wibu wrote:Some people will probably laugh at me but we did it (got the achiev at the same time.)

Did you swap melee horses between tanks?
Zoltar

Postby Wibu » Thu Dec 11, 2008 3:05 pm

Zoltar wrote:

Did you swap melee horses between tanks?

Yes. We did it exactly how you would do it normally, just different position.
Wibu

Previous

Return to T7: Naxx / Maly / Sarth / Archavon