[10] 4 Horsemen, 2 Healers, 0 cups

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

[10] 4 Horsemen, 2 Healers, 0 cups

Postby Ewige » Mon Nov 24, 2008 4:06 pm

Is it possible to do 4 horsemangs with 2 healers where only one is a paladin?

Our one Bacon of Light paladin is on the caster side and is having no problem healing the ranged tanks. Our second healer is either a shaman or a druid (have to see this week) and cannot effectively heal the melee tanks due to meteor stacking and aggro swapping. So far we had to ask for respec of a dps class to complete this encounter.

I haven't really checked what kind of incoming damage we're taking so it could be possible with a non-specced healer, but we'd rather have max dps throughout for faster clears.

Can anybody with experience chime in on this? Appreciate any tips in advance.
Ewige

Postby Promdates » Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:34 pm

We tried a bunch of fights in Nax-10 with only 2 healers, but we eventually found out that while the fights would take a little bit longer we had to run with 3 to be able to finish the fights.

It took us about 2 pulls to sort the rotations out, but we had to have the 3rd healer to heal the melee tanks. 1 healer per melee tank to stand with the tank (for meteors) and one healer for the ranged tanks (stand at the bottom of the stairs more or less)

I don't see how this is doable with 2 healers without having more Nax-25 gear.
Promdates

Postby Jylliana » Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:44 pm

Today we just tried to kill him with 2 healers , but it just didn't quiet work, so we made the retri take out his healing gear (it was kinda crap) and heal one of the melee tanks. Quit worked, so I suggest like Promdates before me, that it will be possible with some more Naxx 25 gear.

was kinda funny today, having 2 protection paladins to tank and using the deathknight as taunting-machine :D

WTB Single-Target taunt - but I guess that discussion is kinda old already
Jylliana

Postby Ewige » Mon Nov 24, 2008 6:49 pm

According to the latest blue info, we're getting one, base.

So it looks like we'll have to respec one or get better heal gear.

Sigh :_(
Ewige

Postby Dehn » Tue Nov 25, 2008 2:09 am

So far its the most enjoying fight in Naxx. Alot of stuff one-shotted by us who hadn't seen them before, but 4H required some positioning and execution learnin first..

2 paladins before 3.0.4 sounds.. well.. :P
Dehn

Postby Worldie » Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:11 am

2 healers... you can do it if you literally zerg down one of the horsemen.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Charie » Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:23 am

Did it with two true healers, but we cheated had boomkin and elemental shaman tank the caster and made them heal themselves until we could zerg down the first horseman.
Charie

Postby knaughty » Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:38 am

We one shot the entire spider and plague wings with 2 healers. 4-H was impossible with 2 healers.

That said, our 3rd healer was just the SP on me. It's not a throughput issue, it's a mechanics issue. It's basically impossible to have one healer cover both melee tanks without stacking the debuff to 5+.

If one healer was a holy pally - easy, do it with two.

=edit=

Didn't try zerging one down. We almost got the "kill at same time" achievement by accident.
This isn't the "Offtankadin" forum. My MoP FAQ: http://tinyurl.com/FAQ-5-0
- Knaughty.
knaughty
Maintankadonor

Location: Sydney, plotting my next diatribe against the forces of ignorance!

Postby sanctifico » Fri Nov 28, 2008 2:32 am

We didnt get the kill (due to retarded lag), We developed a working tactic (well dc @ 2nd tank = fail)

Code: Select all
/                \
|x              x|
]    [  o  ]     [
]    [  o  ]     [
|*y             *|
\                /

x = Healers
* = Melee Tanks
y= dps
o= healer fallback positions (out of range of all marks, and they can run in/out to heal various people without taking marks)

The pull (everyone gets in position) Your two healers position themselves near where the room narrows pararell to the platform. The melee tanks mirror the position and tank with their backs to the healers (healers move in and out of range to heal (since melee tanks take fuck all damage).

Pop heroisism and nuke the meteor dude (cant remember his hyphanated name :p) (he dies before the third debuff with ease)

Tank @ Meteor dude runs and taunts from the Rivandare tank (bubble wall is probably needed as your healer will be moving into position)
A rogue/hunter takes over each of the healers, who can then move to the platform in the middle.
Melee tanks swap Rivandare until he dies -
Setup a rotation for DPS to take the Ranged adds until Rivandare is down, then everyone can stand in one of two camps and nuke each add in turn.

3/6 Sunwell Pre-Nerf.
sanctifico

Postby Ewige » Fri Nov 28, 2008 6:46 am

We did this tonight with 2 specced healers. Both the caster tanks just healed themselves while we zerged the melee targets (blowing heroism early, cooldowns, etc.).

Seems cake, in retrospect.

0 tanking loot drops on a full clear = :_(
Ewige

Postby fuzzygeek » Sat Nov 29, 2008 10:02 am

We run 2 healer n10s. I solo tank and heal myself through Rivendare; use LoH the first time I run low, then bubblewall and heal myself through marks 3-4 (once through 5 when DPS was slacking).
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Markoh » Sat Nov 29, 2008 10:21 am

We did a two healer 4h last night. We had all the dps, except a hunter who was a back tank, zerg down thane. We blow lust and he is dead before the 4th mark hits. We have the warrior tank there and he uses shieldwall then last stand and enraged regen to keep himself up.

After thane is dead they come over to baron and I go up to the middle and help heal the people in the back some and our healer backs out to where thane was to regen/get baron marks off. While we do this the ret pally heals the warrior on baron. Once the raid gets to three marks they split up in the back, and once the warrior hits 4 marks I switch for him. Basically after this its just a matter of switching people around and making sure you have at least two ppl in each of the back zones.

Gotta say was one of the more fun fights due to it being very hard and the fact that after thane is dead it's completely fluid.
Markoh

Postby Zoltar » Mon Dec 08, 2008 3:08 pm

Spent about an hour and a half on this fight last night and just could not nail the swap. :(

Was me and a warrior tank. We had a few different issues. First fail the warrior taunted just before I did so RD, of course, brought them both back to me. Not a big problem - we just made sure I taunted first.

Next fail the warrior must have changed target just as I taunted off him so again the taunt failed.

We had all DPS on my side to try burn down Thane ASAP. On the swaps that did work the mark still seemed to be stacking too high. What I was trying to do was this - once the second mark had ticked for about 3-5 seconds I was moving towards the warrior to get in range for the taunt, taunting and announcing I had taunted. The warrior had to move in to the 20 yard mark to take my mob from me but in the time that took I seemed to get an extra stack of the mark and one from Rivandare before we were apart again. The stacks of marks just seemed to be growing rather than wearing off.

I would appreciate any tips on how to get the swap right as I feel like an utter failure after last night.
Zoltar

Postby dmok » Mon Dec 08, 2008 3:20 pm

We did this for the first time with 3 healers last night, but I can see how it can be do-able with only 2.

People talk about 2 ranged "tanks" at the back, and a healer dedicated to them. We found it best managed if you have a HEALER be one of the ranged tanks, who can then heal himself and the other ranged tank. This frees up another dps for the zerg on Zane.

To do this with 2 healers, I would likely have 2 caster dps at the back preferably at least one in healer gear healing each other until Rivendale and Zane are dead, with help coming after Zane dies.
There ain't no pirate like a Mead Hall Pirate

Mead Hall Pirates - The Scryers US
Dmor: 80 Prot Paladin | Dmok: 80 MM Hunter | Dmos: 80 Disc Priest | Dmoz: 80 Unholy DK
dmok

Postby Zoltar » Mon Dec 08, 2008 3:29 pm

dmok wrote:We did this for the first time with 3 healers last night, but I can see how it can be do-able with only 2.

People talk about 2 ranged "tanks" at the back, and a healer dedicated to them. We found it best managed if you have a HEALER be one of the ranged tanks, who can then heal himself and the other ranged tank. This frees up another dps for the zerg on Zane.

We used the same setup for the caster tanks. What sort of DPS was your group doing on Zane? How many marks were you up to when Zane died?
Zoltar

Next

Return to T7: Naxx / Maly / Sarth / Archavon