Remove Advertisements

[10/25] How To: Naxxramas

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Postby Panzerdin » Tue Dec 02, 2008 1:52 pm

Since I no longer play, any factual inaccuracies should be taken up with WoWwiki, or directed to Modus. Happily, reports indicate that this is only true for 10-man. UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.
Panzerdin

Location: On a picket line, protesting against the changes to Maintankadin

Postby Lousiana » Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:53 am

Kihra wrote:
Conaan! wrote:
Kihra wrote:In the 10-man version, the two highest aggro targets in melee range (besides the tank) will be the Hateful Strike recipients.

you use only 2 tanks for it, so it would be the second highest aggro

I was including the main tank in the set of targets, as he can in fact be hit by a Hateful Strike if there are no other people in melee range.

If you want to exclude the main tank, then yes, 2 off tanks for 25 man and 1 off tank for 10 man.

On our first tries on Patchwerk[25] we took 3 off tanks and tried but failed. The bear druid took nearly every single hatefull and wasn't geared enough to take the beating

On our actual kill attempt we took only 2 off tanks but again only the druid bear took every single hatefull. He was second on aggrolist. The other offtank was just there for decoration
Lousiana

Postby leira_ » Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:59 am

Lousiana wrote:On our actual kill attempt we took only 2 off tanks but again only the druid bear took every single hatefull. He was second on aggrolist. The other offtank was just there for decoration

clearly an avoidance tank

25% chance to dodge
18% chance to parry
90% chance a druid take damage instead of you
leira_

Postby Delphineas » Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:39 pm

Just would like a clarification, as I wasn't sure if most of this info was from old naxx or new.

We are valid targets for Mana Detonation, even if we have agro?
Fan of angels and catgirls.
Current MMO: EVE
Delphineas

Postby Panzerdin » Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:12 am

As far as I am aware, yes, you are. This is not information gathered by me, this is information gathered by others, so I cannot vouch for sure of its accuracy.
Panzerdin

Postby Targonis » Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:26 am

Panzerdin wrote:As far as I am aware, yes, you are. This is not information gathered by me, this is information gathered by others, so I cannot vouch for sure of its accuracy.

You still haven't added me to your credits you lazy bugger! ;)
Targonis

Postby Panzerdin » Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:06 pm

I'm not going to add you to my credits, I'm too much of a forum noob!

You can have an acknowledgement if you do the read-through that that lazy bugger Guillex hasn't gotten round to.
Panzerdin

Postby Targonis » Fri Dec 05, 2008 1:29 pm

LOL I read through it and posted additions a few posts back... what else do you want me to read through?
Targonis

Postby Panzerdin » Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:47 pm

Post an easy-to-read summary of what needs changing, because I fail at checking my own stuff and Guillex has failed to do it for me thus far, which puts plan B out the window.
Panzerdin

Postby guillex » Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:44 pm

Jaysus ... I have RL stuff to do, yaknow?! Like, watching my wife change behind me. Rawr.

I'll get to it, no worries. :)
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby Tyaera » Sun Dec 07, 2008 4:57 pm

Belloc wrote:
Omamori wrote:I'm no sure why or how, but Consecration seems to not work on Anub'rekhan's and Maexxnas' small adds at all in 10-man. Each time I drop it before the adds spawn, and the adds just ignore it. Any suggestions?

On Maexxna, I found that the adds ran so fast that they could out-range my consecration before it ticked on them. Either that, or someone else was generating more threat than I was. I recommend waiting until they actually spawn to cast consecrate.

the impression i got from the adds was that they do not have an aggro table and also don't hit very hard so there's no need to offtank them.
better to tank in hell than DPS in heaven
Tyaera

Postby Morganim » Sun Dec 07, 2008 6:21 pm

Tyaera wrote:
Belloc wrote:
Omamori wrote:I'm no sure why or how, but Consecration seems to not work on Anub'rekhan's and Maexxnas' small adds at all in 10-man. Each time I drop it before the adds spawn, and the adds just ignore it. Any suggestions?

On Maexxna, I found that the adds ran so fast that they could out-range my consecration before it ticked on them. Either that, or someone else was generating more threat than I was. I recommend waiting until they actually spawn to cast consecrate.

the impression i got from the adds was that they do not have an aggro table and also don't hit very hard so there's no need to offtank them.

mage or two is more than enough, do not need an OT at all.

nova > cone > ae
or with 2
nova > cone x2 > nova > ae spam they die very very fast
Morganim

Postby kartera » Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:55 am

Your are targetabler by Mana Detonation. It is a fact. But that shouldn't be a problem because no one shoudl ever be in 10yd range from the Kel Tank because he simply just dies when he is in iceblock + frostbolt..
kartera

Postby caboom » Thu Dec 11, 2008 5:00 am

Knaughty wrote:
blish wrote:Thaddius is joke tbh, we did it with 9 healers(not sure why) and one of our rogues dc for the entire fight. It's just the movement you have to get down and try to have 2 hero's up for the fight.

Please blizzard want to buy more hardcore raid's, content cleared.

Your DPS must be better geared than ours. We had one attempt cleaner than yours, and we're up a DPS or two, and even with 10 stacks both sides and two bloodlusts, we didn't beat the timer.

Massive gaps between our top and bottom DPS though. :roll: Some people badly unprepared for the DPS check (Ding! 80... no heroic or Sunwell gear).

You're prolly doing the +/- strat and you're getting like max 4-5 stacks of the dps increase debuff am i rite ?
If so try to left/right strat(everyone stays melee, left side starts as an imaginary + and right side as an imaginary -, when the shift happens, those who have their debuffs changed run to the left(if u had + and get - for ex) and if it desn't change you run right, in a 90 degree melee circle around the boss) wich can yeald up to 11-12 stacks of the debuff. Those who get it right don't recieve any dmg and those that mistaken left for right or anyother fail get an 400k dmg in less than a second efectively beeing insta gibbed. If done propertly it efectively transformes the enrage timer into a joke the way the op mentioned.

Grraphical explenation :

caboom

Postby Panzerdin » Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:40 am

Added.
Panzerdin

PreviousNext

Return to T7: Naxx / Maly / Sarth / Archavon