Remove Advertisements

How tough is Heroic BM?

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Kayoto » Sun Sep 30, 2007 11:10 am

Zink wrote:H morass is snooze fest easy mode if your dps arent in blues

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxSGUPUxKQE

All of the DPS were phenomenal, and we breezed through the entire instance except Aeonus, like I said above. It seems like the only solution that I could come up with for living past the Time Stop + Frenzy combo would be more HP, but I was at as high as I can get in my gear (12707 unbuffed, I'm in my tanking gear atm on armory). Maybe my healer wasn't keeping me topped off before every Time Stop, but I dunno. =/

Like I said, we DID beat it the second go-around, but I had to use a pot after one Time Stop, and I was REALLY close to biting the dust during another one when we won.
Kayoto

Postby Zink » Sun Sep 30, 2007 11:34 pm

oh yea, use 1 beacon on the 2nd boss to clear trash. save the other 4 to blow right as you aggro the last boss, theyll own him to 60% and tank too, it makes the fight super easy, completly trivial if he takes a long time to despawn them
Zink

Postby Alienor » Mon Oct 01, 2007 6:17 am

I found this very easy on heroic. Our method is the following:

I AoE tank all the adds with the big ones, Warlock spams SoC on the big guy. We use our beacons on the last 5 waves (before the last boss), which makes those waves a breeze since the beacon summon tank most of the mobs while dealing a decent amount of damage.

And thats it, on the first two bosses I tank the adds as well as the boss (with Warlock spamming SoC of course) so adds aren't an issue, on the third boss there is no adds. The only thing to watch out for is time stop, but it's not really too bad if the healer keeps you topped up.

Shadow priest is handy as well.
Alienor

Postby Amran20 » Mon Oct 01, 2007 11:03 am

Because the waves were going down so easy, my group actually saved 2 Beacons for Aeonus, to use before his Time Stops in order to get the attack speed reduction debuff on there for just a little bit. Now, we didn't PLAN on doing that, we just forgot to beacon on the last waves cause it was so smooth!

“Time is too slow for those who wait, too swift for those who fear, too long for those who grieve, too short for those who rejoice, but for those who love, time is eternity.”
Amran20

Postby Tonirae » Tue Oct 02, 2007 9:50 am

I tried Heroic BM a while ago and we were doing really good, imo... however, the portal right after the first boss we got one of those casters that fear.. I am completely serious when I say this: 3 and I really mean THREE of our people fell through the world while feared.

Needless to say, I'm reluctant at trying again.

I probably will though, this thread has given me some ambition and my closest friends are the classes suggested for a good run. Thanks for the help ^.^
"wtf, why do you have two paladins?!" - almost everyone I meet
Tonirae

Postby Viskahn » Wed Oct 10, 2007 3:47 am

i cleared it 3 times so far now (no belt yet) and it isnt too bad. as others said, you just need to be on top of your game(s), no slacking, and reasonable gear. burn the bosses down ASAP (as a tankadin, make sure the dps know they can start nuking as soon as you get to the mob).
on the second boss we used a beacon to handle the adds after a few of them had spawned, and just all-out burned him - threat wasnt an issue because he hits so fast, holy shield generates a load of threat (but he isnt so fast that it can use up your 8 charges).

then on waves 14-17 we used a beacon on each portal, just to speed things up, and the last boss is basically the same as normal a druid healer really helps since they can keep hots on you through time stop.
Viskahn
Maintankadonor

Postby Madmordigan » Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:33 am

Bring a Shadow Priest. :-)

I had a BM Hunter and Arms warrior in addition to a holy priest.

We wiped the first time, going after executioners. Well we did have an unfortunate death from a Pyroblast, but managed to pickup and get through the first and second boss, but died to the adds as things fell apart.

Our second attempt, which was successful, we simply burned down the Lords/Keepers then did adds. We ignored the executioners (well AOE tanked them) because we found that diverting damage to them simply made more spawn by the time you took down the boss.

So YMMV in strategies suggested above. Make sure the 4 your bring are top notch players. Of all of them, your healer really needs to be at least Tailored Epics (if appropriate) AND pvp Epics OR Kara geared. The Spriest and Arms Warrior were mildly sup-par in gear, so a dream geared DPS team isnt' really neccessarly.

I will say Heroic BM is probably the most intense 30 minutes I've experienced from this game. Beating it way overshadowed getting the Girdle.
Madmordigan

Postby Ciandin » Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:00 am

@Madmortigan: Would you say this is tankable in pre-kara gear? I'm in the best possible blues/crafted epics available pre-kara, and I chickened out on attempting to run it.
Ciandin

Previous

Return to 5 Mans / Heroics