Normal difficulty?

Strats / Info that doesn't fit in a specific instance

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: Normal difficulty?

Postby amunstorr » Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:41 am

Mindrak wrote:
Laikar wrote:Is my server unusual in that it is already proving impossible to get a group for Normal difficulty level 80 instances?

Everybody at the level cap seems to be jumping into heroics, with only a few tanks and healers trying to gear up before they do so. Are these heroics really so easy we don't need to have the best gear available, or even have uncritable, to wipe them out?

I did the normal instances pre 80 and jumped into heroics at 80. I don't see a problem with this, you don't even get crushed at 79 and the gear is usable at 78.

While leveling, I tanked HoL non heroic at 78 with a 77 healer, 75 shadow priest, 80 rogue, and 79 hunter.

No, I hadn't stepped foot in a 25 man raid, I wasn't decked out.

you dont need to be uncrushable for heroics,..... right?
amunstorr

Re: Normal difficulty?

Postby majiben » Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:47 am

amunstorr wrote:
Mindrak wrote:
Laikar wrote:Is my server unusual in that it is already proving impossible to get a group for Normal difficulty level 80 instances?

Everybody at the level cap seems to be jumping into heroics, with only a few tanks and healers trying to gear up before they do so. Are these heroics really so easy we don't need to have the best gear available, or even have uncritable, to wipe them out?
I did the normal instances pre 80 and jumped into heroics at 80. I don't see a problem with this, you don't even get crushed at 79 and the gear is usable at 78.

While leveling, I tanked HoL non heroic at 78 with a 77 healer, 75 shadow priest, 80 rogue, and 79 hunter.

No, I hadn't stepped foot in a 25 man raid, I wasn't decked out.
you dont need to be uncrushable for heroics,..... right?
Uncrushable is an antiquainted term, Block Cap is currently used. Being Block capped isn't necessary or recommended for starting raids or heroics. What I think mindrak was getting at was that being a lvl 79 fighting a lvl 82 boss will yeild no crushing blows while if you fought as a lvl 69 against a lvl 72 boss you would be crushed in TBC. No reason not to do normals before 80.
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
majiben

Postby Threatco » Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:54 am

Level 79s run level 80 normal instances.
Guild Leader of <Oblivion> on Arthas (PvP) US.
Glory of the Icecrown Raider 10 man 03/18/10
Glory of the Ulduar Raider 10 man 08/17/09.
Limitation strictly defined by motivation.
Threatco

Postby masterpoobaa » Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:14 pm

we run down to L77's in 80 instances.
Tanked HoL as a 77, but that was very difficult. was getting knocked for a six.

All depends on party makeup. I only run iwth guildies or people i know, so i know the dps is decent and healers good.
in pugs? wouldnt do below L79.
Ellifain @ Khaz'Goroth does not approve of torture, save where there's experience/rep/loot involved.
masterpoobaa

Location: Brisbane, Australia, Earth, Sol, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Universe.

Previous

Return to General Strats