Remove Advertisements

Solo High Priest Venoxis

Strats / Info that doesn't fit in a specific instance

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Solo High Priest Venoxis

Postby Crya » Wed Dec 03, 2008 5:07 pm

So I got inspired after reading Solo Bloodlord in ZG and thought about what other boss would be soloable in ZG. I looked up the strategies at wowwiki.com and saw that Venoxis could be doable because he had only a hot and a Holy nova unlike the other bosses with castable heal which we paladins cant interrupt well. So I tryed to kill him and to my surprise I did! Here is what I did:

I used Seal of Righteousness and judge Light. I didnt use Seal of Vengeance because Venoxis dispels himself.

The start of the fight is easy. He doesnt use his Renew from the start so you dont need to do max dps. Also avoid using AoE dmg from the start you will need the snakes for mana so you can do dmg when Venoxis starts healing himself.

When he gets to 165-160k HP he starts using his Renew. This is where your burst comes in. I recommend saving your Avenging Wrath for this moment. You can , and probably will need to use all your dmg abilities to dps through his renew so start using them. I switched to Seal of Light here because you wont have much time using abilities like Sacred Shield or Holy Shield and he will most likely dispel your judgement before you get the benefit from it.

When you will down Venoxis to 115-110k HP the phase two begins and he switches to his snake form. The snakes will most likely be dead by now so you might start having mana problems. But this phase is alot easier then first because Venoxis no longer heals himself. You will fully block most of his attack so you should be fine but dispel the poison as soon as possible because they hurt alot if they stay for too long. He will also spawn poison cloudes so move out of them as soon as they show up.

At 20% Venoxis enrages speeding his attacks alot but still doing weak damage. Just dispel poisons beware of clouds and you will be safe.

And heres a picture from my first kill:

I hope this wasnt posted before and if yes that it atleast helps someone.
Enjoy.
Crya

Postby Crya » Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:56 pm

High Priestess Mar'li

This boss is even easier then Venoxis. Make sure you clear the room on the left side.

Kill these with caution they can stun you for 7seconds.

Once you have done this you can proceed to the boss.
The fight itself is simple. I had Seal of Light , judgement of Ligh up whole the fight + sacred shield. You will first engage Mar'li in caster form. Just dps her the spiders that she will spawn will keep your mana up.
At some point she switches to spider form. The only addition is her poison ,you can cleanse it. Again do some dps till she drops the form and again becomes caster.
She will cast shadow bolts and at some point she will start channeling Drain life. You will cancel her channeling by Hammer of Justice. She will again cast spider form and the whole circle repeates.
The Hammer of Justice should be fine with its 1min cooldown she doesnt cast the Drain life that much often.
And thats pretty much it I wish you good luck with your try.

Crya

Postby Spectrum » Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:05 pm

Nice, thanks for the info.

Now if only we could do the tiger... stupid heals and silences.
Spectrum
Maintankadonor

Postby Crya » Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:10 pm

I tried to do him but the shaman heals far too quick. I dont know maybe trying her with Improved Hammer of Justice and the bonus from the blue pvp retri gear could be enough 20sec cooldown isnt that much but I dont dare to say it would work atleast I currently dont have the necessary gear to do so.
Crya

Postby Kelaan » Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:24 am

How did you prioritize your gear? I see that you only had ~18k health and ~800 BV, so I'm guessing you just did normal tanking gear, rather than prioritizing block value?

Also ... how long did the fights take? Did you find yourself using Gift, or otherwise self-healing?
Kelaan

Postby Crya » Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:51 pm

I didnt prioritize my gear at all just used the items I got from q. I done Venoxis at around 10min and Marli around 20min. Yes I sometimes use Gift of the Naaru but most of the time Seal of Light , Judgement of Light are sufficient enough. When it gets really bad i just pop up bubble and heal to full with Holy Light. At Venoxis after part one I found the bubble+heal almost necessary because as I mentioned earlier when you DPS through you dont have time to use defensive abilities. Ill have reset soon so I will try to fraps it and upload somewhere.
Crya

Postby loladine » Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:45 am

To add to this topic yes u can solo all boss in zg (i never had a real go at hakkar thou but ill give it ago sometime soon) :P the hard ones would b the Bat and Tiger rest r easy

The Bat requires u survive like 30 min till she goes oom lol and its very difficult with the bats doin alot of fire damage but with sacred shield up and using them nice Fol Crits wit JoW/SoW for mana u cn last long time

For Tiger u Basically nuke the healer down all the time and use aoe like HotR to nuke the other 2 guys to very low hp. When she has low hp she always heals herself first but if starts to heal the others you would need to stun her Seal of Jusice is very helpful here
Once the other 2 dudes are about to die its best to nuke the healer as hard as poss use a bubble so u dont get silenced and pray ur seal of jusice procs at the right times and that u can get to p2 which if u do is lol easy :P

Jindo i might add is a fun boss u kill the pack of mobs infront of him easy enough and then pull jindo to the skellys so u wont get ported away from him because when you get mc'd he resets but his HP doesnt straight away you have to spam stuff to re-engage him before he runs bk to his spot and do this several times n he dies quiet simple

If u need more info just ask sorry if i seem confusing :P
loladine

Return to General Strats