[25] Thaddius

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

[25] Thaddius

Postby Blitzago » Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:32 am

Well, my guild came close last night, but if a few people die, we cant make the DPS timer, is this a fight like brut where you want to min/max.

We were running with 4 tanks(yes alot, 2 pally, 1 war, 1 DK(mainly DPS till he gets gear)) , 7 Healers, and the rest DPS.

My guild seems to be biased towards letting the war tank this fight, even though I really destroy him on threat, and have to salv myself during this fight to not pass him, and sometimes I even do.

http://wowwebstats.com/2cysriz14uors?s=481212-535659

Was our best attempt. so I dunno what we could do, besides drop 2 of the tanks, and bring in 2 pure DPS, also notice I was out DPSing a mage, which I have no clue why.

If I was tanking this fight, I could most likely make it to hit 4k DPS with the bonus from being able to spam all my abilities and holy shield.

Should my guild just let me tank this? Im just as geared as the warrior, so gear isnt an issue.
Blitzago

Postby amh » Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:44 am

You seem to be a bit low on dps, did anyone die during the encounter? The difference between a "Thaddius attempt 3" and "Thaddius death" is pretty huge, since dead people more or less leads to a wipe. You not only lose their personal dps, but also the buff-stack they would have brought with them.

The gap between highest and lowest dps is also quite big. Big gear difference?

Is your warrior threat-capping anyone other than you? Paladin threat is pretty sick on this fight, if I judge light too early (not using RF) I have to salv / bubble myself to let the tank do his thing.
I used to play a paladin.
amh
Maintankadonor

Postby amh » Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:48 am

Also, if you want to maximize your own dps when not tanking, considering wearing your retribution-gear! 14% crit on ShoR is really holding you back, despite prot-gear having higher BV.
amh
Maintankadonor

Postby Blitzago » Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:31 am

I'm the only one he is threat capping,
It kinda is a big difference between gear, our war has alot of epics, while the mage is in mostly blues, even in blues he should be putting out more DPS than a prot pally,

I think 3 people died early on in this fight, 2 healers and the rogue. Which is probably the DPS needed right there.
Blitzago

Postby amh » Fri Dec 05, 2008 5:29 am

Exactly. Since you apparently could keep going till enrage without those two healers, have them do some dps next time? And the loss of 3x minimum 3,5k dps + 3 stacks not used by anyone.. You´ll do it easily as soon as people stop dying :)

On the.. fifth? try, we lost three people on the first split. Just wiped it right there. Same people kept dying over and over, so no reason to grind through it for the people who managed to run in the right direction (we do counter-clockwise).
amh
Maintankadonor

Postby amh » Fri Dec 05, 2008 5:35 am

Worldie wrote:==================ADVANCED TRAINING: THE BUBBLETAUNT==================
This is a trick to buy 20-30 seconds into the Enrage. When the other tank taunts off you for the last time, you head 40 yds from him, behind melees. When 1 second is missing from Enrage, you taunt him, run away, and bubble as soon as he's almost in melee range. The other tank must in the while head to the opposite side of the area. When he's almost at the other tank, cancel your bubble and use a seal: if done properly, he'll bounce between you and the other tank for about 20 seconds, that's a LOT of time.

Shamelessly stolen from his Brutallus-guide.
amh
Maintankadonor

Postby trellian » Fri Dec 05, 2008 6:32 am

amh wrote:
Worldie wrote:==================ADVANCED TRAINING: THE BUBBLETAUNT==================
This is a trick to buy 20-30 seconds into the Enrage. When the other tank taunts off you for the last time, you head 40 yds from him, behind melees. When 1 second is missing from Enrage, you taunt him, run away, and bubble as soon as he's almost in melee range. The other tank must in the while head to the opposite side of the area. When he's almost at the other tank, cancel your bubble and use a seal: if done properly, he'll bounce between you and the other tank for about 20 seconds, that's a LOT of time.

This should be fun if you have more then 1 prot pally :) You can pingpong him around :)
trellian

Postby Zalaria » Fri Dec 05, 2008 6:44 am

trellian wrote:
amh wrote:

This should be fun if you have more then 1 prot pally :) You can pingpong him around :)

Except Thaddius one-shots half the raid with a chain lightning!

The best way to win this fight is no dying. Every living person gives the raid ~5% dps just from the buff (10% damage increase on half the raid), then add in their own dps. If you lose 3 people off the bat, you're just not going to be able to kill him for progression.

Remember dying to opposite charges is no durability, so if you call a wipe just have everyone charge into him!
Dovie'andi se tovya sagain - It's time to roll the dice
Zalaria
Maintankadonor

Postby amh » Fri Dec 05, 2008 6:51 am

Zalaria wrote:
Except Thaddius one-shots half the raid with a chain lightning!

True, but it doesn´t mean it doesn´t work :) We saw the enrage once (lot of people died before that), approx 15 people standing after he gibbed the tank. Taunt-dancing might buy you the last few seconds you need. Either way it´s worth a shot.

But yeah, if people stay alive you´ll never even see the enrage. Just hurts so much on raid-dps if only one person dies early.
amh
Maintankadonor

Postby Mortehl » Fri Dec 05, 2008 6:52 am

------------------BOSS++++++++++++++

Start out tanking him where he stands facing him.

When he reverses polarity you swing in the direction while everyone max hit boxes and clusters the fuck up. Scream/Curse/Harass people to move into tight groups. When polarity shifts run through him. DIRECTLY THROUGH HIM. Scream/Curse/Harass people to run in a straight line directly through him. This includes you as the tank!

Then collect your epics.
Arthas, we're coming for you. (Eventually)
Mortehl

Postby Lousiana » Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:07 am

Mortehl wrote:------------------BOSS++++++++++++++

Start out tanking him where he stands facing him.

You minimize inital chaos if you start on either ---- or ++++ side. Only 10 to 15 moving instead of the whole raid.
Lousiana

Postby Blitzago » Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:37 am

ya, I was getting ready to do that, he enraged and chain lightning'd me or something for instant gib.
Blitzago

Postby Blitzago » Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:39 am

since that was our last raid day till sunday, were gonna try to do a few naxx10 groups tonight or saturday to gear up some of the lesser geared DPS. Hopefully that helps alot also.
Blitzago

Postby Mortehl » Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:53 am

Blitzago wrote:since that was our last raid day till sunday, were gonna try to do a few naxx10 groups tonight or saturday to gear up some of the lesser geared DPS. Hopefully that helps alot also.

No amount of gear will fix a person on this fight who does not understand the strategy. I'm not one to yell at my guildmates, but this and Heigan are two fights where oops is not a valid excuse. Move your ass is the only valid response.
Arthas, we're coming for you. (Eventually)
Mortehl

Postby Legionp » Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:05 am

We downed him last night. Our biggest issue is handling the 2-3 delay in server-side lag. We ran melee DPS heavy, 6 healers, and 3 tanks (two prot pallies and a Feral druid who goes Kitty, for some reason it is very satisfying not to have a single prot warrior in the guild).

I Don't have WWS, but much of our melee runs close to 5k DPS. Also, you can get two heroism in if you start one at the first time the debuff comes up, and then again with about 30ish seconds left til enrage.

Tell your DPS to blow cooldowns on the Heroism and then again whnever they have a high stack of the buff that increases damage (10+ stacks)

As other people said, a death or two could mean a while. Single out your retards and make them sit out the fight if necessary.
Legionp

Next

Return to T7: Naxx / Maly / Sarth / Archavon