Solo Broodlord in ZG

Strats / Info that doesn't fit in a specific instance

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Solo Broodlord in ZG

Postby loladine » Mon Nov 24, 2008 7:04 pm

Just did it now not very hard was using about 1k BV and just went in killed his raptor took maybe a minute kept SoW and JoW up most of time once raptor was down just do same to broodlord n he goes down nice n easy
Since there only 2 pushbacks on healing just cast few holy lights n used Loh also kept sacred shield up very helpful little tool for soloing since most lvl 60 stuff cant dps though the shield in 6 secs so its up all time absorbing dmg and it was done in under 10 min
I also rushed it aswell cause i had instance reset in 8 min just as i downed the raptor :P

nice 35g from it and chance for raptor :D
loladine
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 8:21 am

Postby Krazy » Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:29 am

Working on this today and having quite a difficult time with it...maybe I just suck...I dunno.

This fight is highly aggravating because of the constant fear and knockdown. I killed the raptor once but after that bloodlord hits much harder and every time I would get feared I'd lose a ton of health from him hitting me in the back as I run away.

Had a real hard time keeping mana up after the raptor was down so the second time I tried killing the boss first and that did not work out that well either. No mana problems but fear and knockdown still own me. Ended up getting low and not getting a heal off and died.

Where did you tank him at? I'm trying the top of the platform but the fear ALWAYS makes me run down the stairs. I'm wondering if a different spot may help with that.
Image
User avatar
Krazy
 
Posts: 67
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:54 am

Postby Whait » Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:18 am

i heard they removed all mounts that drop in anything other then northrend instances to prevent exploits >< i dunno thought i read blue text somewhere on it
Whait
 
Posts: 130
Joined: Sat Mar 29, 2008 7:24 am
Location: back to leveling

Postby Marwan » Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:25 am

Whait wrote:i heard they removed all mounts that drop in anything other then northrend instances to prevent exploits >< i dunno thought i read blue text somewhere on it


Nope. The only mount they removed was the ZA bear. Everything else is still there. Heck they even INCREASED to drop rate of the Baron mount in Strat.
User avatar
Marwan
 
Posts: 356
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 7:23 am

Postby Dianora » Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:38 am

Marwan wrote:
Whait wrote:i heard they removed all mounts that drop in anything other then northrend instances to prevent exploits >< i dunno thought i read blue text somewhere on it


Nope. The only mount they removed was the ZA bear. Everything else is still there. Heck they even INCREASED to drop rate of the Baron mount in Strat.


If only I have time to go farm the Baron mount.

Oh, Bloodlord Mandokir is in Zul'Gurub. Broodlord Lashlayer is in Blackwing Lair.
ImageImageImage
User avatar
Dianora
 
Posts: 1831
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:57 am
Location: Los Angeles

Postby loladine » Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:34 am

I tanked him at the bottem of the stairs the fear usaully lasted maybe 3 seconds and feared me up the stairs or just forward n i wud pull him bk to bottom of stairs
The first time i tried this he didnt fear me for nearly the entire fight so it was very easy
Second time i did it he feared me quite abit and my health did go down but if u keep sacred shield up it should absorb more than enough dmg u take from fear
Dont use seal or judge of light always stick wit wisdom to get mana and then when ur hp gets low use bubble n holy light or when he whirlwinds run abit and use a fol or just holy light 1k of dmg
His enrage last 2 minutes so if u save bubble and stuff for then to get ur hp full it shudnt kill u and sacred shield will stop u takin alot of dmg
If u have 1k BV and keep holy shield up all time you shud only take dmg really from fear and stun
Dont use consecration stick wit Sotr HotR and Judge no need for anything else
loladine
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 8:21 am

Postby Crya » Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:54 pm

Used the above tactic and worked fine for me. I found quiet challenging the enrage but I got him on the third try. I tanked him here
Image

When he fears or charges you wont move anywhere you stay on the spot. Hope it helps somebody.
Image
Crya
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:22 am

Postby etherbadger » Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:50 pm

ive killed him 3 times now. no mount but i did get the tanking sword and shoulders.

I keep him at the top of the tower. bless wisdom, judge light, seal wisdom and just sotr every time i have mana.
divine plea when its up.

it takes me 3 bubbles and i get to use LoH twice usually.

incoming damage was 178 per second for him and the raptor, killed raptor first. I was able to keep up 176 healing per second average. It took 28 minutes.

no raptor mount yet.
etherbadger
 
Posts: 86
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:32 pm
Location: Arthas - We ARR Pirates

Postby loladine » Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:34 am

ive got this guy down in under 10 min now nurf my dps :P
just a note you can also solo every other boss in zg including tiger except tiger is a real pain sometimes it cn take 10 min sometimes go on for 20 min to nuke all 3 down at same time
Seal of justice + HotR ftw aoe stun xD
loladine
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 8:21 am

Postby Valsh » Sat Dec 06, 2008 7:52 pm

loladine wrote:ive got this guy down in under 10 min now nurf my dps :P
just a note you can also solo every other boss in zg including tiger except tiger is a real pain sometimes it cn take 10 min sometimes go on for 20 min to nuke all 3 down at same time
Seal of justice + HotR ftw aoe stun xD


Tiger is fairly easy, can output more AoE damage than the healer add can keep up with, HoTR, Corruption, Holy shield and consc. Just need to intterupt her with HoJ at the key point and then finish the job. Broodlord is fairly simple too, just judge light + keep holy shield up. I tend to leave the raptor to die to splash damage as the incoming hits fuel Blessing of sanct mana return.
User avatar
Valsh
 
Posts: 48
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2008 2:15 am

Postby Kelaan » Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:00 pm

Crya wrote:I tanked him here {image}

When he fears or charges you wont move anywhere you stay on the spot. Hope it helps somebody.


Can you take another picture from a different angle? I had a real hard time finding this spot. =/ Either that, or it didn't work for me (but I think I just didn't find it). I've been getting wafflestomped when I get feared, so this is a concern for me.
edit: Is it on top of the plant, or in the very corner where the wall and the block geometry meet (which didn't seem to work for me)?
User avatar
Kelaan
 
Posts: 4037
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:01 pm

Postby Conaan! » Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:16 pm

this guy is amazingly simple, tank him up top, the fear will always make you go down the ramp so its a simple reposition, use seal of wisdom/light depending on your situation and do as much damage to the boss as possible before the raptor dies, takes 15 minutes tops if you do it right
Image
Lore wrote:JEAPORDY: CREEPY BASEMENT EDITION
User avatar
Conaan!
 
Posts: 1271
Joined: Wed May 14, 2008 3:22 pm

Postby Tropicana » Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:28 pm

Tropicana
 
Posts: 80
Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:35 pm

Postby Paloo » Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:59 pm

Kelaan wrote:
Crya wrote:I tanked him here {image}

When he fears or charges you wont move anywhere you stay on the spot. Hope it helps somebody.


Can you take another picture from a different angle? I had a real hard time finding this spot. =/ Either that, or it didn't work for me (but I think I just didn't find it). I've been getting wafflestomped when I get feared, so this is a concern for me.
edit: Is it on top of the plant, or in the very corner where the wall and the block geometry meet (which didn't seem to work for me)?


It's simply the left side of the stairs that leads up to his location. Just kill the speaker so he comes running down and tank him & raptor with your back to the wall, the exact spot won't matter I think. Worked perfectly fine for me, the fear doesn't move me at all there.
Paloo
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2008 4:51 am

Postby Kelaan » Wed Dec 24, 2008 11:36 am

Paloo wrote:It's simply the left side of the stairs that leads up to his location. Just kill the speaker so he comes running down and tank him & raptor with your back to the wall, the exact spot won't matter I think. Worked perfectly fine for me, the fear doesn't move me at all there.


Perhaps my back wasn't to the wall, but the time I tried this, I got feared all over the place. I kinda liked the tank on the top idea, since you go down the stairs ... but I still took tons of damage. My gear's much nicer, now, though, so I should be able to be block capped. (Then again, holy shield is probably a waste. We'll see.) I'll try and go back sometime this weekend and see if I can fail less. :D
User avatar
Kelaan
 
Posts: 4037
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:01 pm

Next

Return to General Strats

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

Who is online

In total there are 0 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 0 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests