Remove Advertisements

[10] Sartharion Requirements = Naxx Requirements?

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

[10] Sartharion Requirements = Naxx Requirements?

Postby Doogiehowser » Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:12 am

Fellow tankadins,

I read that the single boss raids were easier to complete than Naxx from a number of sources.

However, does this mean that the health and armor are less stringent? I wouldn't think so because at level 80, you still need 540 defense and want 102.4% block cap. Most likely with gear that will get you these numbers, you'll be on par with starting tanks in Naxx.

I'm assuming it's easier because the time constraints (not the enrage timer; but not having to dedicate 4 hours in a night), predictable fight pattern, and ability to do it without the adds.

If I'm smoking the wacky weed, let me know.
Doogiehowser

Postby Maridian » Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:18 am

For tanks, the required gear is no less stringent. Ya needs yer uncrittable.

You probably *don't* need a bucket o' epics or tremendous health/armor/threat/monkey levels. From all evidence I've seen, Sarthy is all about not eating the lava waves, and Maly needs full-on boss-level tanking in only one of his three phases.
"Our only hope is revolution. I'll put up a sign-up sheet. We need one person to bring pitchforks, one person to bring torches.... am I thinking of revolution, or killing Frankenstein monsters?"
Maridian

Postby Chunes » Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:21 am

Sartharion w/ 0 adds alive is silly easy, but you will still want to be at least defense capped to do him.

He's a scalable encounter, so as your gear improves, you can still find value in doing him by leaving one or more drakes alive.

His default difficulty though w/o any surviving drakes is quite easy from a technical standpoint. He still hits relatively hard and your raid should not be asleep when learning him, they can sleep on their 2nd kill ;)
Chunes

Postby Doogiehowser » Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:24 am

Thanks guys. All I needed to know. Now if I could just magically find 6 levels to get to 80...
Doogiehowser

Postby Kelaan » Thu Dec 11, 2008 3:27 pm

Chunes wrote:Sartharion w/ 0 adds alive is silly easy, but you will still want to be at least defense capped to do him.

Agreed.

One challenge is in making sure your DPS survive and are able to keep nuking. First time, I had JoL on him, and our ranged DPS ened up going OOM near the end of the fight (lots of AOE i guess). This fight seemed like more of a DPS check than anything else.

The other challenge is that there appear to be a large number of elementals that spawn when he's low. (Or did we just get behind on killing them, with OOM mages/warlocks?) This ended up killing all of our healers and half of our DPS. We managed to kill him, but just barely.

Watch Ciderhelm's video, he makes the lava dodging easy. The hardest part was getting complacent and nearly forgetting to move. ;)
Kelaan

Postby fuzzygeek » Thu Dec 11, 2008 5:44 pm

Kelaan wrote:The other challenge is that there appear to be a large number of elementals that spawn when he's low.

Wasn't your imagination; he zerg spawns a bunch of things as he gets close to dying.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Return to T7: Naxx / Maly / Sarth / Archavon