Hammer of Judgement!!!

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

Postby Xanatos » Wed Sep 26, 2007 2:05 am

Stats are nice. I just wish it didn't look like a Barbie doll accessory.
Xanatos

Postby Base » Wed Sep 26, 2007 2:19 am

Yeah it's definately not for shadow priests...

Hmmm pink and girly... must be for pallies!

Another pic:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/images/news ... gement.jpg
Base

Postby Bosutei » Wed Sep 26, 2007 3:02 am

Maybe it's just my (bad-ish) eyes, but it looks blood red to me.
Bosutei

Postby Mateo » Wed Sep 26, 2007 4:29 am

Has anyone cleared Hyjal yet today that could answer one question for me please? :)

Which wave started giving rep? If any of the waves before Winterchill give rep, I'll be throwing together a trash-clearing group before we actually start on Thursday for hearts/marks/rep/a chance at that beautiful mace.
Mateo

Postby Gerilith » Wed Sep 26, 2007 4:48 am

Daelo wrote:There are indeed protections put in place that should make it extremely difficult for very small groups of players to activate the Battle of Mount Hyjal event and be rewarded with either reputation or items from killing the incoming enemy creatures before the players suffer a defeat. Whenever an enemy wave spawns, there's a check done to see if you've killed enough of the enemy creatures. If you haven't, then loot/rep is disabled for that wave of spawns. If you have killed enough, then that wave and further waves of creatures leading up to the next boss have loot/reputation.

Under relatively normal conditions where a full raid is attempting to fight through the enemy waves of creatures to defeat a boss, all creatures past the first wave should reward reputation and have a chance at item loot.

These kinds of protections were necessary so as to not promote the creation and activation of large numbers of Hyjal instances, which could lead to performance problems for the server.

(Source)

If that is what you intended...no, it will not work. Every new wave will check how many Enemies invading in the moment it spawns and decide wether it gives Rep/Loot or not.
Gerilith

Postby PsiVen » Wed Sep 26, 2007 4:52 am

The first wave does not give rep, and if you don't kill them fast enough none of them will. That's the mechanic in place to prevent just such farming.

Nymeros wrote:And the huge improvement over the Gladiator's Gavel is... what? It's not even a big upgrade over the improved Fang otL for people that can't farm 10 arena games a week.

It doesn't even touch the Tempest of Chaos in power either for that matter.

It's like 20 +dmg short of Tempest, but you're much more likely to beat out elemental shamans and shadow priests for a weapon without crit than you are mages and warlocks for the best weapon in the game.
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Mateo » Wed Sep 26, 2007 5:05 am

Thanks for the confirmation. :D
Mateo

Postby Lieris » Wed Sep 26, 2007 5:14 am

That thing is ugly. I would hold onto the Fang over this... strawberry icecream monstrosity for that reason alone.
Lieris
Maintankadonor

Postby Lore » Wed Sep 26, 2007 6:29 am

Considering the name, and the fact that it uses the "Paladin T5 Weapon" model (same as the healing mace), I'm willing to believe it was put in the game as a tanking weapon for us :P

Also our Shadow Priests don't really seem to care about it, since they get 10% to hit from talents. Though I suppose with enough +hit they could put those points elsewhere.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Freelancer » Sat Sep 29, 2007 3:17 am

Picked up the 1st one that dropped for us in hyjal yesterday :) slapped a 40 spell damageenchant on it, and am so happy with it.

Think we had:

5 x Shadow dps cloaks ( :? , all the holy priests picked up one by the end of the raid )

2 x Fire dps necks ( Dissed )

and my Mace :)

On a side note bidding in hyjal during the trash aint fun :)

(dont think blizzard have added it to the armory yet)

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Bloodhoof&n=Freelancer
Paladin / 70 / Bloodhoof-eu
Freelancer

Postby enbee » Sat Sep 29, 2007 4:49 am

Nich wrote:Such a minor upgrade from Fang of the Leviathan, I'd be happy for our shadow priests to grab it -_-

more spelldmg, sta and spellhit instead of spellcrit, I'll upgrade in a heartbeat, if we can get a bit luckier on trashdrops
LoL, a paladin tank!
enbee

Postby Teah » Sat Sep 29, 2007 8:39 am

Lore wrote:Considering the name, and the fact that it uses the "Paladin T5 Weapon" model (same as the healing mace), I'm willing to believe it was put in the game as a tanking weapon for us :P

Also our Shadow Priests don't really seem to care about it, since they get 10% to hit from talents. Though I suppose with enough +hit they could put those points elsewhere.

Your lucky my shadow priests threw a hissy fit over it. But with the drops in SSC/TK I'll prob have more DKP then them and just out bid them anyway.
Teah

Postby Afraithe » Sat Sep 29, 2007 9:27 am

Well, I just got attuned the MH the other day, and yesterday we went there to kill Winterchill, guess what dropped on 2nd wave of trash? Yepp, the Mace. Tried to convince the priest I should have it (im still trail and can not bid on stuff)... mission failed, no more taunts for that priest.
Afraithe

Postby jere » Sat Sep 29, 2007 11:29 am

Afraithe wrote:Well, I just got attuned the MH the other day, and yesterday we went there to kill Winterchill, guess what dropped on 2nd wave of trash? Yepp, the Mace. Tried to convince the priest I should have it (im still trail and can not bid on stuff)... mission failed, no more taunts for that priest.

Is it a silent bid system?
jere

Postby Grothnir » Sat Sep 29, 2007 11:58 am

Nymeros wrote:It doesn't even touch the Tempest of Chaos in power either for that matter.

Considering it drops off the trash and Tempest of Chaos drops off the FINAL BOSS, that's not even a fair comparison.

Try to keep it in perspective. Every new thing does not have to be ZOMG! more powerful than everything that came before.
Grothnir

PreviousNext

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice