Threat Issues?

Strats / Info that doesn't fit in a specific instance

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Threat Issues?

Postby Lisson » Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:45 pm

Anyone having threat issues generating to much threat?
im my guilds "first" off tank, and going through Nax, the MT warrior just cant generate threat high enough over me. hes better geared than me, yet im able to laugh at his threat.
normally, im taking off RF on fights im not needed to really OT anything.. but when the MT cant generate threat on say.. Patchwerk and im pulling off him when im getting a salvation, hes getting a MD every CD, that just seems wrong. Hes been the guilds MT for near 2 years now, so i know he knows how to play...

just curious if anyone else is having this "problem"
Lisson

Postby Belloc » Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:07 pm

Just because he's been an MT for a while doesn't mean he knows how to generate threat, especially since things have changed a bit with WotLK.

My advice is to not use Judgement of Light when you are off-tanking. If you are doing a fight that really demands Judgement of Light (lots of aoe damage), then turn off Righteous Fury.

Also, Patchwerk's hatefuls generate threat for the target that they hit.
Belloc

Postby Lisson » Wed Dec 03, 2008 4:02 pm

seriously? did not know that about patchwork.
but is it really enough that i should be riding his ass on threat after 2 salvs and him spammed MDs?

and, for fights like patchwerk, i dont use JoL. the heals from it wont be enough to matter on 1.threat and 2. keeping a tank alive.

http://wowwebstats.com/qpdgiajw1255q?s=748783-800322&m is the wws of a patchwork fight, 10 man but whatever. Edit: Torgus being the Tank, Lisson being me

it looks like hes doing every right, but i just cant seem to stay under him on like.. any fight.
Lisson

Return to General Strats