Remove Advertisements

[10] Anub'Rekhan add tanking

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

[10] Anub'Rekhan add tanking

Postby ítank » Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:39 pm

Just something I discovered tonight tanking the adds. The poison only has a 9 second duration.
So i waited till it was applied about 4-5 times, then chain holy wrath and HoJ stuns and the debuff wore off.

Not some huge amazing new way to tank them, but it cut my dmg in by about 40%.
"Dear guild, I missed you last night, waited and waited, hoped we could have a night of fun, Maybe tomorrow then? around 7? XOXO"
~Jetcola.

<3 stimutacs
ítank

Postby Andris » Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:41 pm

Yeah... it sems to be reapplied approx. every 2s, so if you time it right (or have the glyph), you can HW just before the next application, then follow it up with HoJ as soon as it becomes un-stunned. It's a bit dicey; I haven't always been able to repeat it, but about 50% of the time I can shake off the stacks.

Now, any suggestions about how to grab the bugs more effectively? I'm finding that they run out of a pre-laid Consecrate too quickly for that to be useful. Really wishing for an instant threat move on the bugs like Thunderclap or Shockwave.

I'm also dreading the next instance that isn't filled with undead. I'm really loving Holy Wrath's AoE stun for damage reduction and hold-in-place.
Andris

Postby Belloc » Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:04 pm

I misunderstood. Edited.
Last edited by Belloc on Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Belloc

Postby Zoltar » Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:40 pm

Yeah I find the little bugs hard to pick up too. They take off so damn fast. I was trying to hang round the elite corpse but perhaps it would be better hanging round the ranged/heals group in the center as they seem to make a B-Line for them?
Zoltar

Postby Targonis » Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:09 pm

Have a mage Frost Nova as soon as the corpse explode and drop cons on them, or Earthbind on the corpse from a Shaman. Same tricks you would use to kite zombies at gluth.
Targonis

Return to T7: Naxx / Maly / Sarth / Archavon