Remove Advertisements

[10] Razuvious

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

[10] Razuvious

Postby knaughty » Sun Nov 23, 2008 8:00 pm

We cleared spider, plaugue and Raz first night. Only wipes were to Hiegan dance and Raz... so here's some tips.

• Boss doesn't aggro if he's on the far side of the room and you go to the bottom of the stairs. Didn't test close side.
• MC crystal is instant cast, no CD.
• You do not lose your target. I set my student to focus target anyway to make him easier to monitor.

The pull
• Target your student.
• Wait for Raz to be on far side.
• Stroll to bottom of stairs, right-click crystal.
• Target Raz with pet.
• Hit bone-shield (last button)
• Hit taunt (2nd last button)
• Spam "hit things" button so you do some damage.
• Raz stands around looking stupid until you do something. You have a couple of seconds.

Wait 15 seconds
• Very important step. Do not skip.
• Tank in DPS gear or Bear is tanking one student during that 15 secs. We used a bear.
• Second controller MCs second student.
• Target Raz with pet.
• Hit bone-shield (last button)
• Hit taunt (2nd last button)
• Spam "hit things" button so you do some damage.

If you both MC as the same time, both break at the same time, and you have three loose mobs, and Raz goes rounds one-shotting people.

So #2 waiting 15 secs before MC is super important.

Tanking phase.

Bone Shield lasts about 20 secs, taunt has a 30 sec CD.

0 sec: Control
1 sec: Shield
2 sec: Taunt
15 sec: #2 control
16 sec: #2 Shield
17 sec: #2 taunt.

Then just repeat on CD and both students will take minimal damage.

Transition

Watch your MC timer.

• At 5 secs to go on your MC, tell 2nd controller to taunt off you. Timing this one right is important, you may have to tank a bit longer the last time to time #2's taunt @ 5 secs to go on your MC timer.

-5 sec: #2 taunts
0 sec: MC breaks
0.1 sec: Right click crystal in-front of you
ASAP: Bone Shield, Taunt.
+15 sec: #2 MC breaks, re-controlled, start tanking rotation.

There's a lot of slack in the timers, biggest issue is simply not MCing both students at once, which is a lolwipe when both break at the same time a couple of mins later.

Tips
• Bone Shield then taunt. 2k hit vs 70k hit or something.
• You can tank for a few secs without Boneshield, Students have 400k health.
• Students hit weak.
• Raz will one-shot you through bubblewalll.
• You can heal the Students, but it's pretty ineffective.
• You'll only have to re-MC once.
• Let Raz kill one student at the end.
• Other than one student for the first 15 seconds, and one mostly dead student at the end, there's nothing to tank. Thus: Prot-sepc prob wants to be a controller.
This isn't the "Offtankadin" forum. My MoP FAQ: http://tinyurl.com/FAQ-5-0
- Knaughty.
knaughty
Maintankadonor

Location: Sydney, plotting my next diatribe against the forces of ignorance!

Postby Markoh » Sun Nov 23, 2008 9:41 pm

We found it easier to just force a break on mind control. Like after you tank two times move him and use an ability which will break the mc. You can grab it back almost instantly.

Not a big thing, just gives you a little more control over the fight.
Markoh

Postby Worldie » Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:31 am

Mind Control has a cooldown.

The MC itself doesnt, but the students get the same debuff they used to get at 60, Mind Exhaustion, when you MC them, and prevents to MC them for a duration exactly equal to the one of the MC. So if you force break the MC you still cannot MC again until the timer is over.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Ryuusuke » Mon Nov 24, 2008 6:23 am

Not in 10s Version
We had both tanks Controll both dudes all time. First tank and second tank got them like the same second. After first taunt the first tank broke out of MC (last button on bar as far as they told) and instantly mind controlled them again.

So nothing like mind exhaustion or whatever on our side.
Ryuusuke

Postby baleogthefierce » Mon Nov 24, 2008 7:12 am

Also, you do not need to target your student to MC him; clicking the crystal will simply MC the closest target to you.
baleogthefierce

Postby mconeone » Mon Nov 24, 2008 7:13 am

You can have both tanks MC from the start. The key is to right click on the controlled guy's portrait and choose dismiss pet. Do this after your mob is tanking with less than a minute on the timer.

Making the guy your focus is also very useful for quick targeting.
mconeone

Postby Splug » Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:27 pm

There was a mind exhaustion in beta, it lasted 45 seconds on the player using the Convenient Mind Control Kiosk which Razuvius provides for you. Double clicking the CMCK would result in mind control, then breaking mind control and not being able to grab him again. I don't know if that was removed, but mind control lasts long enough that if the fight is done properly, it's not a factor.

You can release the understudies from mind control early by right clicking the pet frame and selecting "dismiss." This allows you to force staggering on the mind controls later in the fight, rather than initially delaying.

In beta, the CMCK would always mind control the understudy who is currently closest to it. This means if you offtank an understudy further away from the raid than Razuvius is being tanked, it cannot be grabbed, and the player using the CMCK will be spammed with errors for trying to grab one that's already mind controlled.

-Splug
Active raid character: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... an&n=Spyte
255 characters is not enough to fit my alts' armories in.
Splug
Maintankadonor

Postby Markoh » Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:03 pm

Also it does not matter if you have a student targeted or not it seems to attempt to mc the closest student. We had this problem at first with positioning and the crystal trying to mc a student that was already mc'd. It gave an invalid target despite the fact that that the person had the non mc'd student targeted.

To solve this we just move the spot where raz is tanked a little out and when you go to break your mc on purpose just move it a little closer to yourself to ensure you get the mc off.
Markoh

Postby Chunes » Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:18 pm

mind exhaustion lasted roughly 3 seconds on the 10man version. Just forcebreak MC after your other MC taunts and reapply MC. Fight is way too simple.
Chunes

Postby Fridmarr » Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:49 am

Using bartender4, I had a problem breaking MC. Basically, I couldn't do it. I spammed the dismiss button but it had no affect, and all my other bars were hidden.

I had to set one of my bars to not hide while possessing and then cast something (I used sacred shield) to get it to break.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby Lore » Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:25 am

Splug wrote:In beta, the CMCK would always mind control the understudy who is currently closest to it. This means if you offtank an understudy further away from the raid than Razuvius is being tanked, it cannot be grabbed, and the player using the CMCK will be spammed with errors for trying to grab one that's already mind controlled.

Echoing this -- took us a little while to figure out our first night in there. If you're getting the "Invalid target" or "Target can not be charmed" error when clicking the crystal, have the other tank move their student farther away.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Splug » Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:36 am

Fridmarr wrote:Using bartender4, I had a problem breaking MC. Basically, I couldn't do it. I spammed the dismiss button but it had no affect, and all my other bars were hidden.

I had to set one of my bars to not hide while possessing and then cast something (I used sacred shield) to get it to break.
The dismiss option isn't on a hotbar anywhere; you should be looking for your pet's unit frame. Using Xperl, I just have to right click the pet's unit frame and select dismiss. Though if you decide to take the "self cast" route, you can do that out of your spellbook without flagging bars specially.

-Splug
Active raid character: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... an&n=Spyte
255 characters is not enough to fit my alts' armories in.
Splug
Maintankadonor

Postby Chanticleer » Thu Nov 27, 2008 5:14 am

Bartender4 lies to you, the ability on the far end of your bar is 'leave vehicle' but you're not riding anything.

The above tip to right-click your pet's portrait and dismiss works like a charm. We had both MC'ed throughout the fight, making sure to dismiss/recapture our mobs every 30-45 seconds or so right after being taunted off.
Chanticleer

Postby Aranon » Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:31 pm

I cannot figure out what was going wrong last night. We were rolling with 3 healers in Naxx10 and got to Raz. Both tanks MC simultaneously, Tank 1 boneshields and taunts, spams hit things.

At 3/4 of the way through the boneshield cooldown, he calls out for Tank 2 to taunt, he does. Release and reacquire, etc.

Our students were getting absolutely owned. We managed to get him down to around 30% or so before a student died. What are we doing wrong? Is the duration of boneshield less than its cooldown and we just didn't notice?
Aranon

Postby Aranon » Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:11 pm

Yup, I'm an idiot. We were timing the taunt off of the COOLDOWN of the boneshield, not the DURATION. 4+ seconds of no-boneshield-tanking is too much.

I can't see the duration with my current UI setup, but we'll get him tonight no worries.
Aranon

Next

Return to T7: Naxx / Maly / Sarth / Archavon