Remove Advertisements

Tidewalkers Murlocs

Hydross, Lurker, Leotheras, Fathom-Lord, Tidewalker, Vashj

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Eloff » Fri Sep 21, 2007 5:18 am

My guild is discussing how shield block charge is used up by earthquake and warrior becomes crushable in next hit.

Yes, it seems to be blockable by the MT. I've seen it in our combat logs, however, I don't think I was able to block it myself.

I'm more and more sold on the idea of having a druid MT this guy... too bad we don't have a well geared feral tank... (or a 2nd prot pally!!!)
"With your shield or on it" - Spartan Code of Conduct

Eloff

Postby Questioner » Fri Sep 21, 2007 7:53 am

When tanking the murlocs, I can handle 2 or even 3 graves if I have aggro before I get graved. However last night I got graved 5 times in a row in 4 attempts in a row. Just wanted to whine. Really was ready to give the OOR strat a go.

(Attempt 6 we took him down in record time, I got graved once)
<3 Tankadin at Heart.

Not necessarily accurate: Armory
Questioner

Postby Mortehl » Fri Sep 21, 2007 7:56 am

Eloff wrote:
My guild is discussing how shield block charge is used up by earthquake and warrior becomes crushable in next hit.

Yes, it seems to be blockable by the MT. I've seen it in our combat logs, however, I don't think I was able to block it myself.

I'm more and more sold on the idea of having a druid MT this guy... too bad we don't have a well geared feral tank... (or a 2nd prot pally!!!)

As an FYI - Since I'm the resident Protadin and I'm on clown duty, we always have a fruid tank this guy. The normalization of damage that you get from 415 defense / 33k armor was tailor made for this fight.

A Protadin would own his face, but IMO there's no reason to bring 2 prot paladins to a raid.
Arthas, we're coming for you. (Eventually)
Mortehl

Postby Dragonzbane » Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:08 am

Questioner wrote:When tanking the murlocs, I can handle 2 or even 3 graves if I have aggro before I get graved. However last night I got graved 5 times in a row in 4 attempts in a row. Just wanted to whine. Really was ready to give the OOR strat a go.

(Attempt 6 we took him down in record time, I got graved once)

I got graved 3 times during the fight last night, was able to bubble out of 2 of them. I'm pretty sure my #1 Target Lock also got Graved 3 times.
I had agro all but twice, once because I believe of of our Priests healed my Warlock so he got agro and I had to heal other people to get it back and the other time the MT got it on the first group of Murlocks, I was easily able to pull it off him and get them in place.

For anyone else first attempting this fight I would definately recommend the tanking the Murlocks out of grave range strat even though it's not that strat we use. It's just a lot less random and a lot less headaches.

With all of that mess we still one shot him for our second kill.
Loot:
Cloth T5 Lock look-alike shoulders -> Mage
Ring of Sundered Souls -> Me, WOOT

It was nice to actually get useful loot this time around.
Dragonzbane

Postby Demiblade » Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:21 am

Eloff wrote:

We just downed him again, and I managed to block an earthquake with my holy shield. I can now confirm that it uses up a charge of either holy shield or shield block when that happens.
Demiblade

? on the packs

Postby Gregarth » Thu Sep 27, 2007 4:21 pm

Guys,

My guild has decided that a protection paladin is needed for the murlocks, and I've read this post and seem some great data. I do have a questiont that I haven't seen answered. My raid leader has heard that both packs (north and south) are linked and as such an AS will bring both groups to the paladin. Any data on this at all? It may seem silly, but were just starting this off. Other than that it seems that a few HL on a warlock with fel armor is the way to go.

Thanks for any extra data or advice.
Gregarth

Postby matchbox » Thu Sep 27, 2007 4:47 pm

he's wrong
matchbox

Postby Eloff » Fri Sep 28, 2007 4:28 am

1. Yes, he's wrong.

2. You don't have time to cast that... you need to be casting holy light. If you pre-cast (cancel mid-cast if not needed) your heal, you can squeeze off 3 holy lights before the murlocs get to you. That's the absoulte best way to do it. I managed to cast either 2 or 3 heals everytime last night and with mana pots managed to make it to the end. Those were full rank holy lights.
"With your shield or on it" - Spartan Code of Conduct

Eloff

Postby Gregarth » Fri Sep 28, 2007 4:43 am

Great, and thanks for the feedback!
Gregarth

Re: Tidewalkers Murlocs

Postby Vic » Fri Oct 19, 2007 1:02 am

matchbox wrote:can anyone give me a rundown on what to expect for the adds and a good strat on picking them up

the way my guild downed this guy (first time kill too) is i just stand there meleeing boss with jow, a hunter puts a slowing trap on north side and when murlocs come out i target a warlock and i am able to get maybe 3-4 holy lights off behind north pack gets to us which is when i throw consecration

the south park moves onto to me a few seconds later, if i get graved while having aggro, we do nothing until i bring the murlocs back to me (they go to me while im graved) my 2 healers run to my aid when im graved, i usually find myself popping a healthstone when i pop.

i like to use my autoblocker and that trinket that heals per block, i find that to be a really nice combo, i dont have amazing HP, i do this in my T4 so i dont have incredible +Healing but i do use a healing elixir.

We tried having a druid pick up adds in case i get graved... that didn't go to well... i ask who ever is assigning my buffs on pally power to not make me give out salv in case i find myself not having the aggro i can BOP the healer who does and they wont lose salv
Pally / 70 / Stormscale
Vic

Postby Korath » Tue Oct 23, 2007 1:59 am

Sorry if this has already been answered (got 3 pages in and nothing on it)

The tactic I got used to before last guild disbanded was the one without a tankadin. Holy pally being the only MT healer to get aggro, slowing down the murlocs and killing them before they get to him. I was just wondering if a tankadin went along could you stick with the same tactic but instead of me healing or trying to pull aggro off the holy pally just went the murlocs get close throw sheild and cons and then he bubble to reset aggro on himself which should stick me up top?
Korath

Postby Enkal » Tue Oct 23, 2007 5:30 am

I wonder about how to time the healing aggro? Start right after the earthquake or wait till the raid can see the north murlocs running in?
Enkal

Postby Anubisknight » Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:35 am

Enkal wrote:I wonder about how to time the healing aggro? Start right after the earthquake or wait till the raid can see the north murlocs running in?

Start right after the earthquake - or after you see the emote: earthquake has awakened murlocs or something. I found that two big heals on the lock right after the emote were enough to get aggro from the murlocs.
Anubisknight

Postby YoYoMa » Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:44 am

yeah what anubis said. Don't wait till you see them. As soon as you see the emote start spamming heals. We've had a few overzealous shammies chain healing right after the earthquake to top the raid off but make sure they hold off for a few seconds. That bit us a few times. Usually after 2 heals they are on you, 3 seals the deal.
YoYoMa

Postby Enkal » Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:59 pm

Worked like a charm tonight, guild first kill as well! :)

First wave and my first heal critted for like 6.5k! ;)
Enkal

PreviousNext

Return to Serpentshrine Cavern