Remove Advertisements

trinkets, Relic

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

Postby Sockpuppet » Fri Nov 28, 2008 2:40 am

Well if you've got a lot of gold then I'd suggest leveling up JC for the Figurine - Monarch Crab, I socketed it w/ an 18stam & 41stam and got the 9stam socket bonus which makes it the best stamtrinket in the game. Also:

Petrus wrote:I'm trying to get the Azjol-Nerub stam trinket but no luck yet. Seal of the Pantheon is a fantastic option, but I replaced mine with the Repelling Charge from Thaddius. 84 defense and an on use effect macro'd with Divine Protection for 3k extra health ftw.

Damn you, I've been running normal HoL since I hit 80 and killed Thaddius twice but I still have my damn Scarab of Displacement :<
Sunburns are clearly our body's way of telling us we need to hurry up and evolve some armor plating or something.
Sockpuppet

Question

Postby Nidaknat » Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:36 pm

Are you able to put two of those JC only jewels in the crab to have two 41 stams and get the socket bonus?
Nidaknat

Re: Question

Postby majiben » Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:39 pm

Nidaknat wrote:Are you able to put two of those JC only jewels in the crab to have two 41 stams and get the socket bonus?
Yes but that's a bit overkill. I am personally putting a +41 stam prismatic in the yellow slot and a +24 stam gem on the blue slot. That way I net 137 stam out of the trinket and can use 2 of the JC trinkets in other gear pieces for more socket bonuses.
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
majiben

Postby Mozen » Sun Nov 30, 2008 11:07 pm

Personally, I've had absolutely no luck on prot trinkets. I'm using the JC crab and Dabiri's (yes the Netherstorm one). I only gemmed my crab with uncommon gems, though, as I want to be cautious how I spend my JC tokens.

As far as I know there's no quested prot trinkets at all in Northrend. I may be wrong but I am yet to see any and I've already got the quest achievements for four zones.

How far can the crab last us, though? If say we gem it with at least rares and there's only PUGs to hope for in terms of raiding in the short term.

On second thought, if the crab can be the best stamina trinket in the whole game at the moment, why not gem it with 41sta*2? It may be overkill, but you're also getting the benefit of your BOP gems early, and making it last longer, too. Which makes it not an overkill. (Huh?)

I don't know what I'm saying anymore. New to tanking so I don't know how gear planning works.
Mozen

Re: Question

Postby Nidaknat » Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:09 am

Majiben wrote:
Nidaknat wrote:Are you able to put two of those JC only jewels in the crab to have two 41 stams and get the socket bonus?
Yes but that's a bit overkill. I am personally putting a +41 stam prismatic in the yellow slot and a +24 stam gem on the blue slot. That way I net 137 stam out of the trinket and can use 2 of the JC trinkets in other gear pieces for more socket bonuses.

True enough good plan with the socket bonuses I was just thinking of something you would never need to replace but using it to get more stam socket bonuses out of something while still keeping stamina in whatever color socket is a good idea.
Nidaknat

Postby oldboyz » Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:58 am

about the crab trinket, here my tought :
-as i don't want to overkill it, i plan to max it with 2*Stam OR 2*def. So the day i will have more trinket choice, this crab may still be useful in particular circonstance.
That's why i favor 2*def
-i still need today to reach the cap (540 if i remimber well ^^)
-later, i will be able to swith gear/gem/enchant with lesser def and still put back the crab to stay at 540

but 2*41 stam is quite sexy too 8)
oldboyz

Postby majiben » Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:05 am

I would use one +24 stam gem and a +41 stam in the crab so you can use your remaining 2 JC gems for more socket bonuses. I would only use a defense gem in the trinket if you couldn't get crit capped without doing so (be sure to get +22 to chest, +20 to shield, +16 to cloak, and +12 to bracers before hand) as it is contrary to the strengths of the trinket.
majiben

Re: trinket

Postby bigspanky123 » Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:42 am

Dem wrote:I made the engineering tank trinket and also dropped Essence of Gossamer from Azol Nerub (on heroic but not sure if it drops normal)
http://www.wowhead.com/?item=37220#comments
Nice stam for the level and looks good for a slot in the AOE set.

what is the engineering trinket???? name please
bigspanky123

Postby majiben » Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:55 am

majiben

Postby Ewige » Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:56 am

Sonic Booster?

Edit: dang, too late :^P
Eiv - Fliegende Kinderscheiße!
Ewige

Previous

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice