Remove Advertisements

[25] Thaddius

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

[25] Thaddius

Postby kosha » Mon Dec 01, 2008 4:34 pm

I'm quite sure there is something wrong with Thaddius at least in 25man version. Yesterday when we were clearing 25man Naxx our warrior MT did hit Thaddius with shieldslam 1.7M. It was seen by everyone as boss hp dropped in everyones eyes and recount also recorded that number.

Just wondering that is this kind of things happened to anyone else? That most certainly is a pug, if it did happen it can happen again, so i hope someone knows a way to trigger that.

EDIT: Have someone made that achiement on him already? That sounds almost imposible, if you dont have almost perfect raid.
kosha

Postby Doktah » Mon Dec 01, 2008 5:33 pm

Well i would assume that if he had enough charges of either the negative or positive charge he would be able to hit that hard but normally a tank wont have any charges at all.....thats just weird but awesome
Doktah

Postby knaughty » Mon Dec 01, 2008 6:51 pm

Doktah wrote:Well i would assume that if he had enough charges of either the negative or positive charge he would be able to hit that hard but normally a tank wont have any charges at all.....thats just weird but awesome

Our tank runs 10+ charges. Stack everyone, each side. It's required.

That said: Buggy 1.7mil hit is buggy.
This isn't the "Offtankadin" forum. My MoP FAQ: http://tinyurl.com/FAQ-5-0
- Knaughty.
knaughty
Maintankadonor

Location: Sydney, plotting my next diatribe against the forces of ignorance!

Postby Mex » Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:19 pm

However you look at it, it's buggy.

12 stacks, iirc, is ~120% increase, which means he'd have to be doing 770,000 odd shield slam normally.

I couldn't say what kinda numbers warriors could potentially get on shield slams, but my highest is ~8.5k with ShoR. That'd be a 20,000% increase in damage.

Something is definitely buggy.

Oh, and have melee sit on the outermost edge of his hitbox, and range clump just behind them. You want the two melee groups as far away from each other as possible, and the ranged as close to them as possible, ready to switch. Tank should always have damage buff, as should everyone in the raid. You want two clumps of people, one of each charge, and nobody outside those zones unless they've been ressed without a charge.
Mex

Postby kosha » Tue Dec 02, 2008 1:17 am

Yeah, tank really should have those charges, if your dps isn't very high you need every boost to dps you can get, and remember that if tank has charges also those dps in his range has that "extra" charge.
kosha

Postby Lousiana » Tue Dec 02, 2008 2:15 am

Knaughty wrote:Our tank runs 10+ charges. Stack everyone, each side. It's required.

That said: Buggy 1.7mil hit is buggy.

This. I run 3.5K DPS on Thaddius.

His hitbox is quite big.
Have melee get to max hitbox.
Have everyone else stack on melee. 10+ charges all the time. Win.
Lousiana

Postby Charie » Tue Dec 02, 2008 5:58 am

Hmm thought it was just me last night, I had a few weird numbers on my recount during our attempts. 42k tic of corruption, 13k holy shield bock, 100kish HoR and a 79k Judgement of corruption. I never seen any of these numbers on my sct.
Charie

Postby kosha » Tue Dec 02, 2008 2:29 pm

That 1,7k hit did even go to his combat statistic page in achiement window, so it really happened :P
kosha

Postby Splug » Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:04 pm

One of our feral druids has his largest maul crit logged at 220k; this is the first I'd heard of the huge crits on something other than Patchwerk, but there's certainly something odd about the abomination wing.

And yeah, his SCT didn't catch it either, but his statistics panel did, as did recount and omen (and Patchwerk's threat table).

-Splug
Active raid character: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... an&n=Spyte
255 characters is not enough to fit my alts' armories in.
Splug
Maintankadonor

Postby Eroslight » Thu Dec 04, 2008 6:44 am

We attempted Thaddius last night for a couple attempts and failed miserably and tbh I'm not sure why.

EDIT: Here is WWS:
http://wowwebstats.com/4x5xoybmpfjje

However, besides a few people failing on charge changing (which hurts alot I grant you), we had 1 attempt where we only had 2 people die and were 8% behind the enrage timer.

The raid was averaging 65k DPS or so. I guess doing the numbers we need 76.6k dps to kill him in 6 minutes. or 4.5k DPS each for 17 DPS (6 healers, 2 tanks) or 4.26k dps for 18 dps. Hmmm

Is Thaddius 5 healer able?

Anybody have any tips or tricks that will help us out?

I'm amazed how much of a personal retard check this fight is. I LOVE it given my guild has about 40 dps that all want raid spots. Booting bad people out last night was atleast some comfort :twisted:

PS

/Flex on 3.6k dps last night 2 shield slam ranks is just OP when it comes to single target tanking.

I did 2.4k on patch too. Not shabby at all.
Last edited by Eroslight on Thu Dec 04, 2008 6:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
Eroslight

Postby Lousiana » Thu Dec 04, 2008 6:51 am

You need to realize that one dead raidmember, regardless of his function ist 10% less damage-boost for all. Losing 2 is 8 stacks instead of 10 or 20% damage less for all DPS.

Take this into account and those 8% behind enrage timer wouldn't have happened.
Lousiana

Postby Charie » Thu Dec 04, 2008 6:53 am

We struggled on this fight as well, finally got him down last night after 4-5 attempts. You can definitely 5 heal this we lost one of our 6 healers in the beginning of the fight. GG not making the jump and coming on to the platform with no charge. Probably just common sense but you can fit 2 bloodlust into this fight. I even went as far as drawing a picture for the guild in paint. :lol:
Charie

Postby Lousiana » Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:11 am

Charie wrote:GG not making the jump and coming on to the platform with no charge.

No charge = Stay away until he casts polarity shift. Than put yourself on the right meatstack :wink:
Lousiana

Postby Belloc » Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:21 am

There have been a lot of damage "bugs" floating around. I've heard of HUGE ShoR hits/crits... hitting for 70kish (?) on Pathwerk, etc.... there's some kind of bug that has yet to be figured out.
Belloc

Return to T7: Naxx / Maly / Sarth / Archavon