[10] Patchwerk

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

[10] Patchwerk

Postby knaughty » Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:17 pm

You have to fully clear his room.

Killed Monday night after I hit 80 on Saturday. I have no heroic gear yet.

Group was two healers - Holy priest and tree, pally MT, Bear soaking hateful, six DPS (one of whom lagged out for first 2 mins, so we really had 5.5 DPS).

Healers have a fair amount of heroic gear, no Naxx equipment. DPS were a mix of "some heroic gear" through "fresh level 80 re-roll in greens/blues".

He hits v. fast on MT, but hits are small - a few k. OT bear was taking 5k-6k hateful strikes, nothing serious. MT role suits pally very well - fast, small hits, undead, massive TPS.

Bubblewall the Enrage/Berserk/whateverTheyAreCalledNow at the end. He goes big and red and starts to hit hard enough to hurt.

Soaker suits bear v. well. Put the better geared tank on the OT role.

Zero raid damage. Two healers was plenty.
This isn't the "Offtankadin" forum. My MoP FAQ: http://tinyurl.com/FAQ-5-0
- Knaughty.
knaughty
Maintankadonor

Location: Sydney, plotting my next diatribe against the forces of ignorance!

Postby Rehlachs- » Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:17 am

I recommend using armor potions (like.. 1 just a few seconds before the pull, the second when the first one expires).
Patchwerk hits weak compared to his heroic counterpart, but especially for the first few tries you should do everything to mitigate as much damage as possible.

the enrage timer should not be problematic, even if you go there with 3 healers.

for the pull:
be aware of bugging hateful strikes - your melee dps should stay away from Patchwerk until he starts hitting the OT.
never ever run through the green slime to engage the encounter .. actually, that be a no brainer, but we had at least one tank doing that while clearing naxx at lvl 70.
Rehlachs-

Postby Lousiana » Tue Nov 25, 2008 5:03 am

Went in first night of our ID last week and got smashed. We tried myself as MT and Warrior tank as Hatefultank. Healers weren't able to keept Hatefultank up.

After some discussion we turned things aroung. I bought Libram of Obstruction and had Seal of the Pantheon and Figurine - Monarch Crab equipped.

When Libram through Judgement was up on Patchwork I blocked for 1700 (no special equipment).

Afterwards we had some discussion about the Figurine and Dodge. Afaik you can't really dodge the Hateful Strike as Patchwork will try to hit you as long as he actually get a hit on you.

But with a lot of dodge you could just get him to try and try and buy your MT Healer some time.

Next ID I am going to test Essence of Gossamer

Sacred Shield, Divine Protection, those trinkets combined with the new Libram and Holy Shild makes Paladins a very viable Hateful Strike tank.
Lousiana

Postby Ryuusuke » Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:34 am

Stacking Block-Value and Armor especially is the best Option for this fight.
Dodge and everything are just bonuses but bad ones (in my opinion and those of our healers) because the healers tend to get a good healrotation and if you dodge 2, then 1 hit, then dodge 1, then 7 hits, then 3 dodges, this totally destroys it and low HP situations will occur more frequently!
Ryuusuke

Postby Belarkan » Fri Nov 28, 2008 4:12 am

Well, patchwerk isn't very hard to main tank. He rather looks like a healing gear check.
We are with similar gear and the warrior that was taking the hateful strikes finished with 66% damage taken, myself getting the other 34%.
We went with three healers and they finished with little to no mana (we had no SPriest/hunter/ret pally so it didn't help).
Belarkan

Postby majiben » Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:24 am

We actually had our melee dps stand behind patchwerk in the slime so that they never have high enough HP for a hurtful if the OT happend to be lower than them at the time.
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
majiben

Postby Zhaine » Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:54 am

Majiben wrote:We actually had our melee dps stand behind patchwerk in the slime so that they never have high enough HP for a hurtful if the OT happend to be lower than them at the time.

You had your dps in the slime? Did you kill him?

I was in the slime and it took off 10k hp in the first second of me being in there. was brutal.

Not actually during the boss btw, I had to jump over the slime to clear the rest of the room.

I MT'ed Patchwork with 27k hp buffed and had a warrior with 31k buffed take the hateful strikes.

We had 3 healers, 2 tanks and 5 dps.

Holy Priest, Resto Shaman and Resto Druid.
Prot Paladin and Prot Warrior
2 Rogues, Ret Paladin, Hunter and a Warlock

The problem we had was with our healers, one was a feral druid who'd only specced resto at 80 and didnt have great gear. The priest was still in leveling gear, and the shaman was actually elemental and had respecced resto just for this boss as we struggled with 2 healers on previous attempts. The healers kept going oom around 35 / 40%
Zhaine

Postby mclem » Mon Dec 01, 2008 6:36 am

Zhaine wrote:
Majiben wrote:We actually had our melee dps stand behind patchwerk in the slime so that they never have high enough HP for a hurtful if the OT happend to be lower than them at the time.

I was in the slime and it took off 10k hp in the first second of me being in there. was brutal.

People often misunderstand the slime; it does very little damage (500/sec, I think), but it reduces stats by 90% - it didn't do 10k of damage, it just took away a huge chunk of your stamina, so as soon as it went *away*, you saw what looked like a big damage spike.

Surely having DPS in the slime severely cripples their ability to, er, do DPS?
mclem

Postby Deflect » Mon Dec 01, 2008 6:44 am

Hopefully he meant standing in it and then standing back out.
Deflect

Postby Zhaine » Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:22 am

mclem wrote:
Zhaine wrote:

People often misunderstand the slime; it does very little damage (500/sec, I think), but it reduces stats by 90% - it didn't do 10k of damage, it just took away a huge chunk of your stamina, so as soon as it went *away*, you saw what looked like a big damage spike.

Thanks for the clarifaction, i never raided Pre-TBC, otherwise i would have known that.
Zhaine

Postby ZombieRitual » Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:41 am

mclem wrote:People often misunderstand the slime; it does very little damage (500/sec, I think), but it reduces stats by 90% - it didn't do 10k of damage, it just took away a huge chunk of your stamina, so as soon as it went *away*, you saw what looked like a big damage spike.

This isn't quite the case. The slime just cuts your max HP in half while you're in it. Step out of it and your max HP goes back to what it was and your actual HP is low. Since hateful strike is applied to the highest hp melee, this goes a long way to making sure your melee dps don't get 1 shot. Yes, standing in the slime puts a small DOT on you that does about 500 a tick, if there's any kind of heals going on (such as judgement of light, imp leader of the pack, bloodthirst for fury warr's, nub healer casting aoe heals, etc.) then they can just stand in the slime for the duration of the fight while dpsing. For dps to just stand in the slime though the tanks have to be fairly close to the slime when Patchwerk is pulled.
ZombieRitual

Postby Belloc » Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:57 am

There's absolutely no need to have anyone stand in the slime. All you have to do is have all of your DPS start away from the boss. Let the tank pull and let the OT generate a little threat. If the OT is capable at all, melee can run in within 5 seconds and gogogo.
Belloc

Postby mirkodeluxe » Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:00 am

Belloc wrote:There's absolutely no need to have anyone stand in the slime. All you have to do is have all of your DPS start away from the boss. Let the tank pull and let the OT generate a little threat. If the OT is capable at all, melee can run in within 5 seconds and gogogo.

its BAD to have dps stand in the slime. Slime reduces your stats by 90% while you stand in it. Just have them go in and out to stay on low health.
mirkodeluxe

Postby Worldie » Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:27 am

It's still useless. Hurtfuls are Threat based. 2nd melee in 10 men, 2nd and 3rd melee in 25 men.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby amh » Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:44 am

He does hateful, not hurtful, so highest health, not threat. Probably the same thing here anyway, since OTs can´t really run out of mana / rage.
I used to play a paladin.
amh
Maintankadonor

Next

Return to T7: Naxx / Maly / Sarth / Archavon