[H] The Oculus

Strats / Info that doesn't fit in a specific instance

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Postby Aetherial » Sat Nov 29, 2008 4:20 pm

Amber Void was actually pretty easy.... we used 2 Ruby and 3 Emeralds, just keep a good conversation up on Vent and watch the HP on the tanking drakes so that you don't prematurely lose one.

For Emerald and Ruby Void we actually knocked these two out on the same run by using 5 Ambers. The key is making sure you're maximizing the damage output of the drakes while preventing the drake that currently has aggro on Eregos from getting splattered. Of all the probable combinations, this will give you the *fastest* Eregos kill, but it is by far the most delicate and fail-prone method.
Aetherial

Postby Belarkan » Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:40 am

I just don't get how you kill the last boss.
Spamming the group damage on you and evasion when he enrage will kill me anyway.
We went with one red, 2 greens and 2 yellows.

I miss a point, do I have to spam the aura to get charges or not ?
According to the tootltip, there's no need, is that correct ?
Belarkan

Postby TheBaldGuy » Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:50 am

Just did it, last boss (dragon) had 3.85 million health.

We finally pulled it off with 2 ruby, 2 amber, and 1 green.

[Edit: removed redundant Kings working on the drakes mention, and fixed colors.]
Last edited by TheBaldGuy on Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
TheBaldGuy

Postby Daenerys » Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:55 am

2 green, 2 amber, 1 red?

We wiped repeatedly on this due to unfamiliarity with the encounter and such. Eventually killed the boss with 2 green, 1 amber, and 2 red. I think it would be overall better next time with 2 amber, 1 red, and 2 green. If I ever want to step in heroic oculus again, anyways.

TheBaldGuy wrote:Just did it, last boss (dragon) had 3.85 million health.

We finally pulled it off with 2 ruby, 2 amber, and 1 red.

[Edit: removed redundant Kings working on the drakes mention.]
Daenerys

Postby TheBaldGuy » Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:17 am

Daenerys wrote:2 green, 2 amber, 1 red?

We wiped repeatedly on this due to unfamiliarity with the encounter and such. Eventually killed the boss with 2 green, 1 amber, and 2 red. I think it would be overall better next time with 2 amber, 1 red, and 2 green. If I ever want to step in heroic oculus again, anyways.

We started with 2 amber, 2 green, 1 red, and wiped several times. Unfamiliarity had it's effects but switching to 2 red instead of green we only had to make one attempt at it. It was vastly easier.
TheBaldGuy

Postby Selgar » Sun Dec 21, 2008 9:27 am

I !@#$ hate #@$%@ stupid @#$% @#$$^^^ and then @#$^ ^&&@#, with @$^&@! and to top it off !@#^&^ 76g !@#!$#^.

@!#$% !!!
Selgar

Postby Rom » Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:00 pm

As most people experienced, the final boss was a wipefest for us until we figured it out.

This is what worked for our group:
2 ruby
2 emerald
1 amber

1 emerald was assigned to heal each of the rubies. When the boss enraged, both emeralds focused on the ruby drake that was his target.

The rubies alternated duties: one would tank the boss by his head (MT) while the other would kill off all of the whelps (OT). The OT, healers and dps were grouped up a few feet behind the MT most of the time so that the whelps were clumped up and easier to take down with the OT's chain fire breath. When the MT was taking too much damage, the OT would martyr/taunt and the rubies would switch roles.

We started the fight with the MT getting aggro. Upon entering combat, the amber drake time stopped. This allowed the MT to build aggro, both healers to get their 3 stack dots on the boss so they could start the fight with a lot of healing power, and the amber to start chipping away at the boss' health while we were all at 100% health.

Amber/DPS just stacked 10 debuffs on the boss and blew him up when boss was fighting MT. When boss was time shifted, amber stacked about 7 debuffs before detonating them (due to lag and trying to set them off right before the time stop faded).

Combat went like this:
Ruby MT attacks boss. Combat is entered. Time stop used.
Enrage 1 was healed through. Ruby timed his evade and martyr to avoid most of the damage. There aren't many whelps up at this point either, so it was easy to heal through.
Enrage 2 was time stopped.
Boss shifted out, Emeralds continued to heal as we avoided the arcane balls. When the boss shifted back in, everyone was at full health
Enrage 3 was healed through by both healers on the MT
Enrage 4 is time stopped.
Rinsed and repeat until he died.

Throughout the fight, only the rubies were brought down to 50% health, and it wasn't for long. He could have had twice the hitpoints and we still would have beat him, because the tactic was sustainable: we were able to outheal his damage while chipping away at his health.

I wish I knew what abilities the green drakes used, or whether they used the 25% health ability at all, but I am sure your healers could figure it out.
Rom

Previous

Return to General Strats