Easiest starting bosses?

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Easiest starting bosses?

Postby marsbubble » Sat Nov 29, 2008 3:23 pm

Given 2 good, geared tanks and healers, which bosses would you reccomend starting Naxx in?

From what I've read...

Anub'Rehkan
Faerlina
Razuvious
Noth
Patchwerk

Possibly Maexxna + Grobbulus

...seem to be the easiest/best suited to questionable dps. What other bosses favor this group? I am in a startup guild and monday will be our first night raiding together. I want it to be a positive experience and leave everyone excited for our next raid. IOW, I'm looking for the bosses with the easiest learning curve.

How does this sort of lineup look? Can I get to these bosses without having to go thru others not listed? Are any of them more complicated than I know?

Also, are there any trash pulls besides the gargoyles I need to know about beforehand?
marsbubble

Postby Worldie » Sat Nov 29, 2008 3:30 pm

Grobbulus is NOT easy. Don't start with that. Grobbulus and Gluth can easily steamroll your raid expecially if it's inexperienced people.

Go plague wing. Heigan you can basically 3 man it if the tank and 1 healer 1 dps survive the dance. Loatheb is basically free loots as well.

Gothik is also a big trash mob, and 4h aren't much hard once you get the feel for it.

Only thing you should be careful is Loatheb trashs (it's gauntlet style), and the 4h trashs (there's at least 6 patrols, + couple invisible mobs)
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Belarkan » Sun Nov 30, 2008 4:48 am

Grobbulus depends more on the players than on the gear. Just the opposit from patchwerk.
So far the wpider wing wasn't that hard. We went without pre raid preparation and we managed to get the wing cleaned with 2 wipes on each boss.
Belarkan

Postby Harlequina » Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:41 am

Spider and Plague!
Harlequina

Postby knaughty » Sun Nov 30, 2008 3:26 pm

Harlequina wrote:Spider and Plague!

This.

Clear Spider wing, then clear plague wing.
This isn't the "Offtankadin" forum. My MoP FAQ: http://tinyurl.com/FAQ-5-0
- Knaughty.
knaughty
Maintankadonor

Location: Sydney, plotting my next diatribe against the forces of ignorance!

Postby Daida » Mon Dec 01, 2008 5:49 am

Abomination Wing is the hardest, leave that to the end. Noth should be the easiest boss in the instance.
Daida

Postby knaughty » Mon Dec 01, 2008 6:14 am

Worldie wrote:Only thing you should be careful is Loatheb trashs (it's gauntlet style), and the 4h trashs (there's at least 6 patrols, + couple invisible mobs)

Which you can "accidentally" clear 3 packs at a time if you're bored.

Just kill ghost thingies first.
This isn't the "Offtankadin" forum. My MoP FAQ: http://tinyurl.com/FAQ-5-0
- Knaughty.
knaughty
Maintankadonor

Location: Sydney, plotting my next diatribe against the forces of ignorance!

Postby mirkodeluxe » Mon Dec 01, 2008 6:32 am

What? We're talking 10 or 25 man here?

10 man grobbulus is kinda hard, so is sapphiron if your healers go oom.

25-man?
you can go spider I guess.
Patchwerk is only hard on the HStank, save it for last if your tanks have crapgear.
Grobbulus wasnt hard at all in 25-man.. silly even.
Gluth.. well, a tankadin can kite the mobs no problem. Thaddius is trivial if polarity shifted people just move when they need to.

Spider was silly, we 1-shotted faerlina without dispelling frenzy.. sure, the MT died, but I took over while they ressed him. no problem.
mirkodeluxe

Return to T7: Naxx / Maly / Sarth / Archavon