Remove Advertisements

Azjol-Nerub Achievement: Gotta Go!

Strats / Info that doesn't fit in a specific instance

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Postby Belloc » Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:16 am

The method I posted is the only method that I've heard of anyone using to complete the encounter. You don't have to skip more than one burrow phase for this to work... one will be fine. One group said that they got him from 80%~ to 59% during the locust swarm WITHOUT heroism, so getting him under 50% with heroism should be easy.

Also, I think there is a hunter ability that stacks with tongues/mind-numbing, but I don't know what it is.

Also, this is the exact same strategy used to get the achievement on Herald in Ahn'kahet. His insanity can be slowed, and if you wait for a mind flay, you can have enough time to DPS 33%~ of his health. If you DPS him from 66% to 33%, you'll actually get TWO sets of insanity adds (10 mobs) at once... So take him from 34% to 0%, and you'll skip the entire second insanity.
Belloc

Postby voitstarr » Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:56 pm

hmmm i must get my guild to try it with our t6 teams :D
voitstarr

Postby Glam » Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:12 pm

This may be a really stupid idea, but has anyone tried using Judgement of Justice?
"Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: For I am... PALADIN!"
Armory - http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/chara ... ore&n=Glam

Glam
Lvl 80 Dwarf Paladin
Proudmore
Glam

Postby moduspwnens » Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:17 pm

Glam wrote:This may be a really stupid idea, but has anyone tried using Judgement of Justice?

I'll try it next time I get a chance.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby PsiVen » Fri Nov 28, 2008 3:36 am

You have a few seconds while he goes to burrow to damage him past the next threshold, but that won't be enough alone. You need to put a casting slow on him, and then burn >50% to <25% in a single round. That'll give you at least 10 seconds if timed well to take him out. You should be expecting ~1600 DPS from the tank and 2000 from each DPS, so have the healer toss a nuke or two and round it up to 8000. Plus any other sort of burst you can pull in 10 seconds, it's certainly possible.

Also he does take damage from DoTs and AoE for a few seconds underground, which can be significant. We regularly see him pop back up at 65% without any special effort to burn him faster.
Gladiator Psiven, 90 Tankadin
90 Druid, 90 Mage, 85 Monk, 85 DK, 70 War, 70 Pal, 60 Priest, 60 Lock, 64 Rogue
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby moduspwnens » Fri Nov 28, 2008 1:18 pm

Alright. Maybe I'm just thinking too hard. I'll get my normal achievement group in there and if we get close, I'll know that DPS is the only thing holding us back.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby Dork » Fri Nov 28, 2008 7:03 pm

I'm down to needing just a handful to finish this. I have the others planned/know how to do them, but this one remainds uncertain =/

Going to play around with the dots ticking while underground and see how it goes.
Dork

Postby moduspwnens » Fri Nov 28, 2008 7:05 pm

Dork wrote:I'm down to needing just a handful to finish this. I have the others planned/know how to do them, but this one remainds uncertain =/

Going to play around with the dots ticking while underground and see how it goes.

I already thought this through, and I think that while that would help you skip the FIRST burrow, it's likely that if you DoT'd him up just before 25% to get him to skip that one, he'd either die underground or you'd have to wait for him to come back up. I don't think DoTs are the answer.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Re: Azjol-Nerub Achievement: Gotta Go!

Postby Veilan » Fri Nov 28, 2008 9:00 pm

moduspwnens wrote:Every 25% he goes underground for ~45 seconds, maybe 30 at best.

He comes back up once all mobs in his wave are defeated, so you can shave off time here too by slaughtering his minions quickly. I discovered this when looking for clues when to move back up to where I'd want him before resurfacing, heh. The elite minions always come from behind down the ramp, so give them a hearty greeting once he burrows, and slaughter the rest. Maybe bunch up (mind the spikes) and bomb or something. Just throwing guesses, haven't completed the achievement, naturally.
Ythalaine - Die Aldor EU
Veilan

Well

Postby Abyssian » Sat Nov 29, 2008 4:42 pm

Here is what I've read on this. Apparently before the DK Heartstrike, the BM hunter pet core hound cast slow, and a curse of tongues all stacked on him. This has since been hotfixed to no longer stack. So now you are down to just mind numbing or curse of tongues. The strategy with this guy is this. Get good enough DPS and just go in and all out BURN BURN BURN, You need to get VERY lucky and have him start a cast when he is at 76% HP, then you have about 5 seconds from his cast and turning around to get him down BELOW 50%, that way he burrows but you've skipped a burrow phase. Then you will get FOUR adds to come up, kill them and he reappears then you need to burn AGAIN and get very lucky AGAIN and have him start a cast at 26% then you need him to DIE before he burrows. YOU CANNOT do this if he burrows twice. You can only allow ONE SINGLE burrow and other than that you need the dps to take him from 75 to 50 in about 6 seconds.
Abyssian

Re: Well

Postby moduspwnens » Sat Nov 29, 2008 6:09 pm

Abyssian wrote:Here is what I've read on this. Apparently before the DK Heartstrike, the BM hunter pet core hound cast slow, and a curse of tongues all stacked on him. This has since been hotfixed to no longer stack. So now you are down to just mind numbing or curse of tongues. The strategy with this guy is this. Get good enough DPS and just go in and all out BURN BURN BURN, You need to get VERY lucky and have him start a cast when he is at 76% HP, then you have about 5 seconds from his cast and turning around to get him down BELOW 50%, that way he burrows but you've skipped a burrow phase. Then you will get FOUR adds to come up, kill them and he reappears then you need to burn AGAIN and get very lucky AGAIN and have him start a cast at 26% then you need him to DIE before he burrows. YOU CANNOT do this if he burrows twice. You can only allow ONE SINGLE burrow and other than that you need the dps to take him from 75 to 50 in about 6 seconds.

I just have too much difficulty believing that this is the intended way of completing the achievement.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby arilink » Sat Nov 29, 2008 11:24 pm

Has anyone tried pulling him off his platform from the exitside?
Maybe sprinting over before the wall closes or something?

Edit: Saves rep bills, thanks ;)
Last edited by arilink on Sat Nov 29, 2008 11:40 pm, edited 3 times in total.
arilink

Postby moduspwnens » Sat Nov 29, 2008 11:26 pm

arilink wrote:Has anyone tried pulling him off his platform from the exitside?
Maybe sprinting over before the wall closes or something?

Yes. He resets just the same.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby Dork » Sun Nov 30, 2008 3:19 am

Last one I need pretty much. The experienced drake rider is just a matter of riding that drake while winning, so I'll get that np.

Should be pounding at this one tomorrow, will post if we find anything that makes it easier.
Dork

Postby DragonBlade » Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:25 am

DragonBlade

Previous

Return to General Strats