Remove Advertisements

Best AoE leveling spot for 70+

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Question

Postby BlueRaja » Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:31 pm

Nidaknat wrote:Has anyone been banned for using this spot or suspended or talked to by a GM?

Nope. Not banned, not talked to, nothing.

You get zero XP for these dwarves onse level 78 is reached. that is confirmed. they are greyed out.

level 77 was still about 400-500k/hour, depending on how much you looted.
BlueRaja

Great Spot

Postby Nidaknat » Sat Nov 29, 2008 6:02 pm

I went here like others and only used one spawn spot. I didn't do to much looting because my goal was to just get to 80 as fast as possible. The first level which I think was level 62 going to 63 dinged in less then an hour because of the rested. Every level past that took between 3 to 3.5 hours to hit. I did this all the way to level 78 because questing couldn't touch the speed of this. Then once I hit 78 I just knocked out an area and half of quests and a couple instances to hit level 80. This is probably the fastest way you can level as prot.

Some things to note if you get there and it doesn't seem to be working stand by where the statue comes and hit those mobs and then run down the hill just a little to where the ones that spawn with xp are.

If you are in a group of people it's best just to do the killing yourself and let the others loot for you. If you want to make good money just tell them half the cloth and all the greens and blues are yours since your doing all the work. The reason you do the killing yourself is if you kill the whole spawn to quick they will not respawn so killing them on your own speed is the best way to go because you will have an endless supply.

If someone comes down with the thundering quest make sure you start looting fast because once the quest line is done all your lootable mobs despawn and it starts over. As long as you have a consecrate down and are hitting the mobs where they spawn you won't lose the flow of mobs. If you miss it though the spawn will stop and you will have to start it up again.

Don't turn in the quest until you are level 78 so you can start it on your own. If you already turned it in get a guild mate to get the quest and hold it until you are done so you don't have to wait for random people.

Bring lots of shields I had 5 or 6 and just kept the shields that would drop for loot with me as well. I went through a shield once every 30-40 minutes and my repair bill after a long grind session of 4 or 6 shield breaks was about 40-50 gold but I also had two or three epic shields I am sure the cost could be cut down with just green shields.

Don't be afraid to throw out whatever spells you have to damage them I was pretty well geared when I went there with some BT and badge gear. I never had enough damage to kill off the entire spawn all at once so I never had to worry about it drying up. The faster you can damage the faster your XP comes. I used trinket cool downs and every damaging and damage increasing spell in my arsenal to plow through the levels.

Be mindful of your shield status and know when it will break the grind is pretty mindless but if your shield breaks and your not paying attention the mobs will start hitting you pretty hard really fast.

If you do decide to take friends down there and you manage not to have another group or person down there you can utilize both spawn areas. They spawn on top and down below the statue. All you do is have a friend run where the one spawns they will agro him and he runs into your conc. When you do that you will level like you were alone since xp is going to be at least halfed if in a group so if you have two groups of mobs you will go twice as fast as before.

That is all I can think of off the top of my head if I think of more I will add it in the post later.
Nidaknat

Postby Threatco » Sun Nov 30, 2008 12:12 am

Wow how did I miss this topic?

Cleared borean and fjord quest achieves assuming it was fastest way.

Am 76.5 and will go there and grind off the last 1.5 levels to 68.
Guild Leader of <Oblivion> on Arthas (PvP) US.
Glory of the Icecrown Raider 10 man 03/18/10
Glory of the Ulduar Raider 10 man 08/17/09.
Limitation strictly defined by motivation.
Threatco

Postby Sanctity » Sun Nov 30, 2008 5:22 am

Threatco wrote:Wow how did I miss this topic?

Cleared borean and fjord quest achieves assuming it was fastest way.

Am 76.5 and will go there and grind off the last 1.5 levels to 68.

tell me how going from 76.5 to 68 goes m8 :lol:

anyway, i did this to 75 then stopped. am 78 now so no going back.
I just wonder... when my ally paladin gets here what level of gear will i need to have gotten? will quest items cut it? or are raid items necessary?
I think the trick's that you made someone proud.
Sanctity

Postby Threatco » Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:21 am

So I've been here almost an hour, no one else has come anywhere near this cave. There's about 20-30 level 68-72s on horde side in /who fjord so I assume there's a couple allies. But not one coming to the cave. Here's me waiting patiently.

http://e.imagehost.org/0646/hour1.jpg

20 minuets later still no one has shown up. So I'm taking up photography. Here a pic of the big statue in the cave.

http://e.imagehost.org/0083/hour2.jpg

I noticed I had my video settings turned to low. So I turned to high and re did the same picture slightly different angle to show the difference.

http://e.imagehost.org/0049/hour3.jpg

Absolutely pointless in coming here. Been a very long time and still not 1 player has come here.

10 mins later... YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY AWSOME!

incredible. this is not a grinding spot. this is an exploit that will get fixed eventually. I was getting a bar every 10 mins or so at 76. 10 mins of only casting conc and holy light.

But the damage on gear is fast. I brought shield but noting else. And within an hour or so everything was going red it it was getting ugly so I had to go.

The biggest problem I see is that when I get off work to play almost no one is online. I didn't try this until later on and I don't have time to go back. But if I have to wait 2 hours for someone to start the quest its still worth it as long as I can stay there 2+ hours grinding.
Threatco

Maybe

Postby Nidaknat » Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:10 pm

It may or may not be an exploit but the mobs can be completely killed off and if you go to fast you have to wait for them to respawn. This is really no different then the worlds first level 80 hitting it off the mobs in GH. They were fast spawning every 30 to 45 seconds like these in unlimited amounts. They didn't say it was an exploit for him they just didn't want people leveling so quick so they gave those mobs no xp and unlootable. I imagine someday they will do the same for these mobs.

Nida

P.S. Yeah if you don't have the quest to start it yourself it can be a pain to start it that’s why I had an alt with the quest and a friend in case something went wrong. My server was pretty populated so I had people running through non stop and staring at me.
Nidaknat

Re: Best AoE leveling spot for 70+

Postby Bundy » Sun Jun 21, 2009 3:28 am

So is this still valid? My Tankadin is only 73 still cuz I cant find groups to do instances and I dont feel like questing with him. Last post about this was a while ago, so I was wondering if its still working......im also VERY poor so cloth, greens.....all good.
Bundy

Postby Threatco » Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:13 pm

As far as i know it still works, haven't been there in a while tho. Waiting for an alliance to trigger the quest can be a pain.
Threatco

Postby Redwin123 » Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:30 am

I don't think this spot works anymore. I checked it about a month ago and could not loot the mobs and they no longer gave any exp.

This spot was great for a single tankadin to put up some nice xp per hour numbers, but it was really amazing for a multi-boxer to really take full advantage of it.

Have one character tag and your boxes then finish the pulls and this was almost a constant stream of 8 or so mobs dying every 15-20 secs. With no rested it was pretty easy to sustain 1.5 million per hour numbers using this method. You just had to be careful not to pull the entire group at once and kill them all at once or else the event ended. It was really easy once you got the pull down tho to leave one mob behind and pull the rest to where the statue was and kill them there.

I rarely looted except when I had so many corpses on the ground at once that it really started to lag my screen up. Was fun while it lasted.

You could even use this spot to level alts if you wanted. I would group my Alt with my tankadin and just park the alt tucked all the way underneath the statue. From back there they wouldn't aggro. Using this method it was like 10-15 mins a level through the 40's and I would keep this up till about 64ish and then let the alt start to make the pulls themselves.
Redwin123

Postby Belloc » Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:49 am

Redwin123 wrote:I don't think this spot works anymore. I checked it about a month ago and could not loot the mobs and they no longer gave any exp.

This spot was great for a single tankadin to put up some nice xp per hour numbers, but it was really amazing for a multi-boxer to really take full advantage of it.

Have one character tag and your boxes then finish the pulls and this was almost a constant stream of 8 or so mobs dying every 15-20 secs. With no rested it was pretty easy to sustain 1.5 million per hour numbers using this method. You just had to be careful not to pull the entire group at once and kill them all at once or else the event ended. It was really easy once you got the pull down tho to leave one mob behind and pull the rest to where the statue was and kill them there.

I rarely looted except when I had so many corpses on the ground at once that it really started to lag my screen up. Was fun while it lasted.

You could even use this spot to level alts if you wanted. I would group my Alt with my tankadin and just park the alt tucked all the way underneath the statue. From back there they wouldn't aggro. Using this method it was like 10-15 mins a level through the 40's and I would keep this up till about 64ish and then let the alt start to make the pulls themselves.

The initial mobs never gave loot or XP. Once the event ends, however, it starts rolling in.
Belloc

Previous

Return to General