Remove Advertisements

Normal difficulty?

Strats / Info that doesn't fit in a specific instance

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Normal difficulty?

Postby Laikar » Thu Nov 27, 2008 10:25 pm

Is my server unusual in that it is already proving impossible to get a group for Normal difficulty level 80 instances?

Everybody at the level cap seems to be jumping into heroics, with only a few tanks and healers trying to gear up before they do so. Are these heroics really so easy we don't need to have the best gear available, or even have uncritable, to wipe them out?
"We never paid any heed to the ancient prophecies, like fools we clung to the old hatreds, and fought as we had for generations."
Laikar

Postby Harlequina » Thu Nov 27, 2008 11:07 pm

Some of them are, yes. I mean, try Drak'tharon Keep on heroic... All you'll "need" (for DINOSAUR boss) is 540 def, and hopefully some friends who can tag along. See the key is to have good people. A good healer... And not too crappy DPS. But suffice to say, no, they're mostly not that hard to wipe out. You just need to make sure everyone follows you, and make sure that everyone knows each fight and whatever else that might be needed to know.

There's many good people playing alot now. Keep that in mind.

But then there's also the fact that you don't have to be 80 to do the normal 80 instances. That's quite useful, because more players might be up for it if they know they get experience aswell.

And no your server isn't the only one most likely hehe.
Harlequina

Postby Losbullitt » Fri Nov 28, 2008 6:27 am

I have never thought of heroics as easy. However the tBC ones were a little easier once the 3.0.2 patch hit... Or were they THAT easy to begin with and I was just a chickenshit?

If its gear you want before you head out to heroics, try and find a solid group of people guilded or not and run with them. Regardless of what server you're on, there are bound to be a few people who run the regular instances for those key pieces before going to a heroic and not making a total ass of themself.

In my guild, we have a handful of 80s (myself included). However the majority of us are still running normal instances to improve gear before hitting the heroics full force.

I, for one, prefer to make an ass of myself and blame it on the dps. :evil:
Losbullitt

Postby majiben » Fri Nov 28, 2008 8:08 am

Losbullitt wrote:I have never thought of heroics as easy. However the tBC ones were a little easier once the 3.0.2 patch hit... Or were they THAT easy to begin with and I was just a chickenshit?
It depended upon the gear you had. If you were in blues or kara gear you would likely find heroics hard. If you were in T5 or badge gear heroics were pretty easy. I must have pugged 1k badges in my day.
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
majiben

Postby ulushnar » Fri Nov 28, 2008 8:11 am

I do heroics any time I have a group of all level-80s these days. The normal lvl 80s are just a way for me to boost lowbie guildies.
Be careful when you argue with trolls, lest you become one.
ulushnar
Maintankadonor

Postby Losbullitt » Fri Nov 28, 2008 9:48 am

Majiben wrote:
Losbullitt wrote:I have never thought of heroics as easy. However the tBC ones were a little easier once the 3.0.2 patch hit... Or were they THAT easy to begin with and I was just a chickenshit?
It depended upon the gear you had. If you were in blues or kara gear you would likely find heroics hard. If you were in T5 or badge gear heroics were pretty easy. I must have pugged 1k badges in my day.

That's the thing.

At the launch of 3.0.2, I had mostly kara gear with a T4 helm. I was doing Ramps and Slave Pens. The day after 3.0.2 up to the week later, I was doing everything except MgT (the 3rd boss is just nuts).

Beats me. :shock:
Losbullitt

Postby majiben » Fri Nov 28, 2008 10:07 am

Losbullitt wrote:
Majiben wrote:
That's the thing.

At the launch of 3.0.2, I had mostly kara gear with a T4 helm. I was doing Ramps and Slave Pens. The day after 3.0.2 up to the week later, I was doing everything except MgT (the 3rd boss is just nuts).

Beats me. :shock:
I farmed heroics like crazy before even touching kara. I had the 2.3 chest, 2.3 belt, BS BoE bracers, +51 DMC:V, Epic shoulders from H crypts, Badge cloak, Alch trinket, Badge cloak, and the Shatar rep shield. Needless to say I didn't take chances. You were in gear that left heroics still challenging.
majiben

Postby Losbullitt » Fri Nov 28, 2008 11:41 am

Did the patch do anything other than make me respec?

After the patch, I was roughly in the same shape - 12k hp, 5k mana. Threat was never a problem and I always had ample heals.

Maybe I'm just chickenshit.
Losbullitt

Postby Panzerdin » Fri Nov 28, 2008 11:50 am

The actual instances took a hefty nerf.
Panzerdin

Location: On a picket line, protesting against the changes to Maintankadin

Postby amunstorr » Fri Nov 28, 2008 3:52 pm

..... well i never saw any heroics as difficult. shattered halls was actually. my point is : at 80 why would they be different from the 70 instances from tbc.
as soon as i hit 70 i was in heroic dungeons. when i hit 80 ill eat my words if i have to.
amunstorr

Postby Khayne » Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:20 am

I tanked my first heroic today succesfully without tanking a single normal lvl 80 instance before, my gear was allmost fully (1 drop from before when i was ret) quest rewards, blue rep items, and 3 blacksmith crafted items. lvl 70 trinkets, libram and wrists.

You can get crit immune with crafted/quested blues that you gem for defense mostly, and you can do attleast some of the heroics (then again i´ve now been in 5 of them, and can´t think of any of them that i wouldn´t be able to tank anyway).
Khayne

Postby econ21 » Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:48 pm

Losbullit wrote:Did the patch do anything other than make me respec?

It gave you - and the other 4 in your party - access to 10 points of new high end talents. That greatly ratcheted up party dps.

After the patch, I was roughly in the same shape - 12k hp, 5k mana.

Your BV probably increased? And your own dps probably doubled - if you had strength gear and a non-spell power weapon.

Panzerdin wrote:The actual instances took a hefty nerf.

I heard raid instances took a nerf (except for Mt Hyjal) but I am not sure dungeons did. I think it was us getting better rather than them getting weaker. Could be wrong though... (the raiding group I was with struggled with Mt Hyjal before and after the patch, so our respecc clearly could only do so much...).
Last edited by econ21 on Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
econ21

Postby majiben » Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:05 pm

MH escaped the nerfing.
majiben

Re: Normal difficulty?

Postby Mindrak » Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:44 pm

Laikar wrote:Is my server unusual in that it is already proving impossible to get a group for Normal difficulty level 80 instances?

Everybody at the level cap seems to be jumping into heroics, with only a few tanks and healers trying to gear up before they do so. Are these heroics really so easy we don't need to have the best gear available, or even have uncritable, to wipe them out?

I did the normal instances pre 80 and jumped into heroics at 80. I don't see a problem with this, you don't even get crushed at 79 and the gear is usable at 78.

While leveling, I tanked HoL non heroic at 78 with a 77 healer, 75 shadow priest, 80 rogue, and 79 hunter.

No, I hadn't stepped foot in a 25 man raid, I wasn't decked out.
Mindrak

Postby Mehnalas » Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:18 pm

I did heroics the moment I hit 80 actually. I've never even completed stratholme on normal despite going about 5-6 times on heroic now for my shield. Which has yes to show its face. I'm picking my groups carefully and Its still a bit painful, but with the awesomeness that is ardent defender I seem to be doing well enough.
Lore(lol) wrote:Short answer: No.

Long answer: Nope.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... n=Mehnalas
Mehnalas

Next

Return to General Strats