[10/25] How To: Naxxramas

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Postby Belarkan » Fri Nov 28, 2008 6:03 am

Worldie wrote:In 10 men faerlina adds are immune to MC.. not like it's a issue, they got what, 80k hp?

Nowhere near an issue, just wondering if we missed a point.
Adds are also sheepable in 10 men, this can help your healers although this shouldn't be an issue.
Belarkan

Postby amh » Fri Nov 28, 2008 6:57 am

The adds need to die fairly close to her, else she´ll just keep pounding on your tank.
I used to play a paladin.
amh
Maintankadonor

Postby Morganim » Fri Nov 28, 2008 7:07 am

Faerlinas adds are sheepable in 25 man aswell, they like to break a lot and are a general pita so we just OT then 1 tank can do it no probs

How to do patchwerk.

Seal of Corruption
Judgment of Light
alt tab read some forums as auto attack does 3k tps
Morganim

Postby knaughty » Fri Nov 28, 2008 2:23 pm

Worldie wrote:In 10 men faerlina adds are immune to MC.. not like it's a issue, they got what, 80k hp?

I recall 25k? - we killed one by accident, and I had to stop auto-attacking to avoid killing the rest.

Only needed two, luckily.
This isn't the "Offtankadin" forum. My MoP FAQ: http://tinyurl.com/FAQ-5-0
- Knaughty.
knaughty
Maintankadonor

Location: Sydney, plotting my next diatribe against the forces of ignorance!

Postby Panzerdin » Fri Nov 28, 2008 3:57 pm

Shall I compromise and put that they have very little?
Panzerdin

Location: On a picket line, protesting against the changes to Maintankadin

Postby Ursula » Fri Nov 28, 2008 11:00 pm

This might be a noob question, but when you say "Bubblewall" isn't there a danger of losing all your threat and wiping the raid if the target is immune to taunt? I've never done Naxx10 and I'm going to be tanking on Monday so I just want to get that clarified.
Ursula

Postby Meloree » Sat Nov 29, 2008 12:05 am

Worth noting for Lolatheb: You will run out of gas. Badly. I burst out my whole mana bar to get a threat-lead while DPS was flailing around forgetting about the spore buff, and after that it was pretty much "holy shield, shor, and MAYBE hotr". Maybe throw in a judgement if the Divine Plea cooldown is coming up.

Worth noting for Maexxna: Trinkets (Human Racial) can get you out of the stun. If your dps decides to have a random braindead-fail moment, trinket -> LoH saves the 2nd enraged stun.

Stealthedit: At Kel'Thuzad I didn't have any problem tanking 3 of the adds. I haven't tried 4.

@Ursula: "Bubblewall" is Divine Protection, not Divine Shield. Divine Protection does not drop agro.

--
Meloree
Meloree
Maintankadonor

Postby Ursula » Sat Nov 29, 2008 12:15 am

Ahh okay! Missed that part, thanks.
Ursula

Postby Precio » Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:54 am

PATCHWERK

2nd in threat takes hatefuls? or the 2nd highest hp?

WTF determines who takes hatefuls.
12/14 Ulduar10 - 8/14 Ulduar25
Precio

Postby Splug » Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:56 am

Precio wrote:PATCHWERK

Hateful strike will hit the player with the highest current HP in melee range. This effect ignores the active tank, unless there are no other targets in melee.

-Splug
Active raid character: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... an&n=Spyte
255 characters is not enough to fit my alts' armories in.
Splug
Maintankadonor

Postby Ewige » Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:55 pm

For Patchwerk: We usually have the melee dip in and out of slime (halves the max HP) just in case of unlucky hateful strikes/healer lag/whatever, so they don't get instagibbed (and I don't judge light here either). Pretty boring fight, overall, but a good measuring stick for your dps, so don't forget to WWS.

We're finishing 25 Naxx tonight and I'm wondering how we'll manage the adds on KZ with only one priest. I was tanking both of them in 10 without a problem, but 3-4... Not so sure.
Ewige

Postby Talese » Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:04 pm

sticky?
80 Belf Paladin
Shattered Hand
Talese

Postby Targonis » Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:24 pm

A couple of quick updates that you can edit in for use:

On GW her adds are not MC'able in 10 man (which was mentioned) however, you dispel her enrage by killing one close to her when she does enrage. You can CC other adds and have your OT hold the additional ones, DPS 1 down to about 10% OR have a hunter kite them around DPSing one down to about 10%. When she enrages, they run the add to you and kill it, dispelling the enrage.

On Instructor Raz in 10 manthere are only 2 DK Understudies, and 2 MC Crystals you use in place of priest MC. There should only be a 10 second gap between the first MC and the second, and you should drop and rechannel immediately after it is taunted off you everytime. There is no debuff on 10 man Naxx.

On 25 man there are 4, you will OT 2, have the priests MC 2 with 15 seconds in between the first MC and the 2nd MC. They will tank through 2 rotations and then switch from their add to an add that is being OT'd while the OT picks up the freshly released add. Rinse and repeat.

On Four Horseman in both 10 and 25 you can zerg down Thane before the 4th mark, taunt baron over to you and have DPS start on him right away. When you reach 3 marks, you have your OT taunt him back and keep the DPS with you until the mark goes away, then run over and bring him back to your corner again. Easily doable with a higher DPS group.

On Thaddius you can use the following diagram:

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
POS BOSS NEG
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

On this the 2 groups split right away on the first polarity shift, as the MT you also move yourself to the side that you shift to to gain the damage debuff, When polarity shift changes, you always move to your right, as far as you can, around the boss. If everyone is moving to their right, everyone who shifts will NEVER overlap anyone of a different charge. The new positive charged people will be running on the north side by the wall, the new negative people will be running on the south side by the water. Works Everytime.

I will update more as I have a chance to read the rest.
Targonis

Postby Panzerdin » Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:02 pm

Talese wrote:sticky?

Targonis's post was far more constructive... But this.
Panzerdin

Location: On a picket line, protesting against the changes to Maintankadin

Postby Precio » Mon Dec 01, 2008 4:14 pm

Splug wrote:
Precio wrote:PATCHWERK

Hateful strike will hit the player with the highest current HP in melee range. This effect ignores the active tank, unless there are no other targets in melee.

-Splug

Does armor, BV, Blocks & Parries affect HS's?

I'm sure they can be dodged but...

Also, how geared does the person tanking him have to be? 20k armor 20k hp at least? uncrittable as well? 35% or more str8 avoidance?
12/14 Ulduar10 - 8/14 Ulduar25
Precio

PreviousNext

Return to T7: Naxx / Maly / Sarth / Archavon