Remove Advertisements

WOTLK Progress Thus Far

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Postby Shirak » Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:50 am

2/3rds the way through 74. I've done a few instances. The wife and I are taking our time and working on some rep while we level. Most of our guild is around the same levels.

We'll be working on 10 man Naxx once we get to 80.
Tuberon wrote:Tanking *is* crowd control.

You run into a crowd, and proceed to control it.
Shirak

Postby oldboyz » Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:52 am

i did a very very bad thing :roll:

i did what all tankadin look after : big melee fight forever, king of aoe 8)
i did what i like to : take the challenge, pushing my limits and get more and more mob on me :shock:

so i was in fjord and after reading a post here, i entered in a cave full of dwarfs at lv72 and 4 night later (around 2 hours each session + some breaks in instance), i was dinging lv75, hourra for my new OP shield slam 8)

then i felt i need to flight again asap (yes i came back to the cave for 1 more easy fast level and show the trick to a young padawan :oops: )

but i feel i lost most of the quests&zones road story

hopeffully, i've also a hunter and a DK to level up in a more "traditional" way
oldboyz

Postby Diocaska » Thu Nov 27, 2008 6:06 am

All of Naxx 25 cleared except Kel'T.

All 10 man content except Malygos.

10man tier 7 Helm, and a few other decent upgrades. Okay rings, and good trinkets. Weapon is good enough for now, as is shield.

Got cooking recipies for food I want, and have rep with the right factions I need except Sons of Hodir (friendly).

Strat timed cleared 3 times so far, lost roll but shouldn't be long, groups have been consistantly strong.

Not quite enough gold to just splash out on things like mounts, but not having to keep an eye on it.

Unhappy at costs of certain enchants, but they'll come down. (Tuskars! Damn you).

Going pretty well imo. Could be better, but doing well.
Aurellia(90) Ulshala(85) Diocaska(85) Leighesha(85)
Diocaska

Postby Arjuna » Thu Nov 27, 2008 6:12 am

½ lvl until I'll start tanking my way through HoL! I want that trinket+sword badly!!! :)
HUZZAH! How many points do I receive? :D
Arjuna

Postby Levantine » Thu Nov 27, 2008 6:16 am

Guild's stomped Naxx and has so far got every server first heroic acheivement. Meanwhile I'm stuck at 73 1/3. :(
Levantine

Postby Snake-Aes » Thu Nov 27, 2008 6:22 am

Levantine wrote:Guild's stomped Naxx and has so far got every server first heroic acheivement. Meanwhile I'm stuck at 73 1/3. :(
71 here
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Fahsky » Thu Nov 27, 2008 6:34 am

I caved & respecced Ret at 72, because I was leveling slower than molasses going uphill in winter. I got the expansion a week after it came out, due to being on vacation, & somehow my evil healer completely blew through 70-80. >_< So, my sadly quest-ADD ridden self is now slogging through lvl 76, can't wait to get to 77 - then I might take a break from lvling & grind saronite in the Basin to get my Blacksmithing up to the sweet tanking gear for 80.

Also, so want the walrus people to love me, so I can satisfy my love for adorable pets & ultimate fishery-ing. XD
Fahsky

Postby Sharlos » Thu Nov 27, 2008 7:45 am

I'm going to ding 80 tonight!

And omg this expansion so much awesome and win and epic. I am enjoying myself so much, and I actually care about what happens to arthas (unlike illidan) and I really really want to join the argent crusade and follow tirion around smiting undead. And omg, wrath is AWESOME!

edit: i've also leveled as ret, i highly reccomend doing so, there is no down time once you hit lvl 71. And you can still tank/heal instances fine (on a side note tanking while having repentance to CC stuff was fun).
I hate signatures, but i love irony
Sharlos

Postby culhag » Thu Nov 27, 2008 7:47 am

I hit 80 yesterday.

Now to raise my defense from the depth it has fallen to...
culhag
Maintankadonor

Postby Arngrim » Thu Nov 27, 2008 10:24 am

So far I havent done any heroics but sitting over 20k hp unbuffed with 544 def. Just lazy I suppose. Although I have cleared the spider wing in naxx along with noth over the weekend.
Arngrim

Postby Ilara » Thu Nov 27, 2008 10:51 am

Tryin to push deeper into heroics, seem to be hindered by dps and heals. Not fun when three of my usual fiveman group all squabble over gear.
Who knew locks use spirit now.

I've managed to push up to 23k unbuffed, and the dps warrior seems happy. I'm worried about my healer though...

Oh and those who said Drak'tharon keep was an easy one to start on.... fuck... King Dred wants a word with you...
Guillex wrote:chop chop slap chop slap slap /b/ fap fap.... gogo
Ilara

Postby Dazhbog » Thu Nov 27, 2008 10:56 am

Been running heroics like MAD, and so was confident in my gear when we hit Naxx25 over the past 2 days. We stomped Spider and Plague Wings, and finally cleared the Death Knight wing last night.

Patchwerk stomped us. HARD. Our healers (and tanks, to a lesser degree) are going to need to run the other three wings a bit to gear up before we get past Big and Ugly.
Dazhbog

Postby Omatre » Thu Nov 27, 2008 12:18 pm

80, T7 shoulders, and a splash of other purples and blues. MT'd us through a full 10 man clear, and will be there for our first 25 run through Naxx.

Cleared Sartharion, and tried Malygos. Tip for Malygos, you must have either priests or druids healing your raid, there is no other choice. (So much for not requiring raid comps that demand it for fights)
Omatre

Postby Kilthanas » Thu Nov 27, 2008 1:05 pm

We've cleared up to Sapphiron in my 10 man group. The other 10 man is a couple bosses behind us but both tanks in that group already have two piece tier 7 now lol. Both groups have also cleared Sartharion which is dead easy with no drakes up.

I've gotten an epic cloak and shoulders from Patchwerk in Naxx. Got the heroic belt and legs. Got the epic ring and boots crafted. Bought the badge neck, libram and shield. Got the epic gloves from Kirin'Tor exalted.

Up to 26.5K unbuffed.

With thanksgiving this week it may hurt our progress this reset. But hopefully we clear naxx and maybe give 25 man Sartharion a shot.
Kilthanas

Previous

Return to General