Remove Advertisements

Al'ar Fun

A'lar, Void Reaver, Solarian, Kael'thas

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Al'ar Fun

Postby kedalic » Wed Sep 26, 2007 10:34 pm

So, having heard that Al'ar bugged out and was meteoring every 15 seconds (with 2 adds popping out each time), we also heard that there was a 10 add cap, which seemed completely doable to just off tank and heal through.

About 10 seconds after this screenshot, when I hit 19 on me was finally too many for the healers. And, there is definitely not a cap at 10 =).
kedalic

Postby Amran20 » Thu Sep 27, 2007 12:44 am

I'm glad we went to Hyjal instead. O.o crazy shit.

“Time is too slow for those who wait, too swift for those who fear, too long for those who grieve, too short for those who rejoice, but for those who love, time is eternity.”
Amran20

Postby Cakes » Thu Sep 27, 2007 1:13 am

Same thing for us. We gave it one shot (got him to 30% or so), said sorry to the people that needed alar for attunement, and went on to Hyjal. One shot both the first bosses, 17% on Kaz'rogal on our first time seeing him.
Cakes

Postby Amran20 » Thu Sep 27, 2007 1:20 am

You did better the first time on Kaz'rogal, we got a 56% wipe, but the next time around we persevered and took him out. Now, if only we can get past Azgalor, who looks reasonably easyish, we could theoretically drop Archimonde in 3 days total. That'd be funny as hell, but unlikely.

“Time is too slow for those who wait, too swift for those who fear, too long for those who grieve, too short for those who rejoice, but for those who love, time is eternity.”
Amran20

Postby enbee » Thu Sep 27, 2007 1:24 am

Yea, I'm glad we found out about alar before we went TK, and went BT instead.

Though I've tanked more then 19 and lived (your blockvalue/hp seem low!) on a terrible kill where all the dps were drooling in the flame patches.

Ironshield pots are your friends.
LoL, a paladin tank!
enbee

Postby PsiVen » Thu Sep 27, 2007 2:34 am

Fully blocked attacks are your friends

Fixed. I've definitely tanked around 20 before with maybe two healers on me; find more block value gear quickly before the hotfix actually goes in ;)
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby enbee » Thu Sep 27, 2007 3:34 am

PsiVen wrote:

Fixed.;)

which pretty much requires ironshield pottage :P, I only get full blocks with autoblocker on though!
LoL, a paladin tank!
enbee

Postby Worldie » Thu Sep 27, 2007 3:40 am

PsiVen wrote:

Fixed. I've definitely tanked around 20 before with maybe two healers on me; find more block value gear quickly before the hotfix actually goes in ;)

And where are you supposed to find 1k+ block value o_O?
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby spatulor » Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:35 am

Did Al'ar last night, he acted totally normal for us. Meteor every 30 seconds, no problem taking down adds. maybe they hotfixed him?

Also, Kedalic, What's that DPS mod in the bottome left corner of your screenshot there? Looks nifty :p
spatulor
Maintankadonor

Postby Cakes » Thu Sep 27, 2007 7:35 am

The problem isn't so much that there are a ton of adds up, I can handle that. It's that add death doesn't do any damage when he's up in the little meteor ball thing. When you have that many adds up, you can't really afford to just say "Cut dps guys, al'ar isn't damageable... again."
Cakes

Postby kedalic » Thu Sep 27, 2007 9:43 am

Yeah, my block value set sits me at about 600 now, but sacrifices a lot of stamina/avoidance for it. I was trying out a max avoidance set on that one (was sitting at about 62% avoidance) with enough stamina to survive spikes if I killed one by accident. The raid DPS meter is from recount, you can also show the raid HPS, and is has a really good death replay feature which shows in hp, incoming dmg, and incoming heals that lead to a players death.
kedalic

Postby PsiVen » Thu Sep 27, 2007 2:47 pm

It would probably work better if you had someone dedicated to taunting off the ones that got really low so you didn't have to get owned by explosions and knockbacks. We learned that the hard way on our first kill upon discovering that the adds don't despawn...

And where are you supposed to find 1k+ block value o_O?

Autoblocker will full-block the lowest hits with solid BV. Blessing of sacrifice helps a lot, and Figurine of the Colossus essentially adds 120 BV for its duration. If you get a LOT on you, you could get someone to use Imp LoH.
Ironshields are nice too, but honestly I never use them. Rather have a health pot if my healer gets blown up or something :)
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Girard » Thu Sep 27, 2007 3:45 pm

Spatulor wrote:Did Al'ar last night, he acted totally normal for us. Meteor every 30 seconds, no problem taking down adds. maybe they hotfixed him?

Also, Kedalic, What's that DPS mod in the bottome left corner of your screenshot there? Looks nifty :p

Looks like a realtime graph from Recount >.>

How the hell did you get window setup tho? =)
Girard

Postby Worldie » Fri Sep 28, 2007 2:25 am

Al'Ar was hotfixed yesterday anyway, so we could get more ppl attuned :>
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Mithos » Sat Sep 29, 2007 4:39 am

When we went the hotfix had already gone in, but he was still acting a little weird, but noly in phase 1. After doing flame quill (or "roflcopter" as our MT calls it :P) he would just sit at the left podium and stay there until doing flame quill again, and woudl then return to the left podium and stay there. I can't remember if he was spawning adds or not but I'm pretty sure he still was, at the correct interval.

Randomness: Anyone noticed Leo's aggro being screwy when going into demon phase in 2.2? I only had consecration down for 4 seconds and he stuckto me for 4/5 chaos blasts, even though the lock tank had a ridiculous threat lead, I didn't want to bubble incase he nuked someone else, so I just bubbled out of the debuffs when he finally stuck to the lock. Also he would sometimes just hit random people whilst the lock was spamming searing pain, and would take ages to go to the lock.
Mithos

Next

Return to Tempest Keep