Remove Advertisements

[25]Malygos

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

[25]Malygos

Postby Io.Draco » Tue Nov 25, 2008 2:07 pm

Malygos

Well since Markoh posted a very nice guide for 10 man here : http://maintankadin.failsafedesign.com/ ... hp?t=17238 I will just list about how it is diferent in 25 man

Raid Set up :
2 Tanks - You could probably do just 1 but , bit the lords in phase 2 are just hitting for over 7 k , so 2 is better
8 Healers - Get at least 2 CoH priests and Resto druids
15 DPS - Having more ranged then melee helps a bit here , but ain't needed , try at least to get a balance so that there are not more melee then ranged though

The fight

Well first off damage is increased from all effects Duh , AND he does arcane surge in phase 3 on 3 people simultaneously

Phase 1

Is basicly the same as 10 man , just remmeber when he is close to 50% after doing his last vortex , pop Bloodlust and nuke like hell , you can get a solid 5-10% depending on how much ranged you have

Phase 2

Twice as many adds nothing else diferent

Phase 3

Well here is where I go diferent from Markoh 10 man Guide , have your entire raid clump on the east side of the minimap ( NOTE : NOT his east side ) and keep still till a spark spawns on you then move SOUTH , wait for another spark then go WEST , and so forth clockwise

Have ALL healers and both tanks on healing and rest DPS

DPS : rotation is 1 2 1 2 1 2 then just go with 1 1 2 , keep that stack up , FORGET saving energy for shield , you need to burn him ASAP , your healers SHOULD be able to keep people alive though some will still die

Healing : just spam 3 on yourself or whoever you want , get 5 stacks then 4 , keep doing that forever , the reason is with arcane surge hitting 3 people in 25 man its just imposibile for healers to just target 3 people and spread the healing , clumping up and doing this rotation is best way , you can use shield if he targets you and your almost dead but shouldn't be necesary
Io.Draco

Postby Splug » Tue Nov 25, 2008 2:47 pm

We were running into problems with the zone undergoing heavy latency once phase two began, to the point where cast times were in the 5-10 second range. The state persisted until 2-3 of the nexus lords/scions are dead, but by that point it had already cost us a significant chunk of the enrage timer.

-Splug
Active raid character: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... an&n=Spyte
255 characters is not enough to fit my alts' armories in.
Splug
Maintankadonor

Postby Markoh » Tue Nov 25, 2008 3:00 pm

There used to be an issue with the dk anti-magic zone causing massive lag. This may be related to that issue.
Markoh

Postby Elexis » Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:11 am

Maintanked him about a week ago on our progression kill.

Unlike in 10 man version he will breathe right away after doing vortex. That basicly means that people must move away from you fairly quickly. He hits harder than any other boss so far but fairly slow. A melee hit + breath can still easily do 35k dmg if you are unlucky. This is especially true on first breath after vortex when warriors might slack on the demo shouting.

There isn't much to say about tanking in ph2 tbh. Just pick up your adds and be inside the shields during deep breath. We all know how to pick up adds by now don't we? :)

The 2nd component of his breath in ph1 might be bugged as it seem to be able to crit. Anyone else experienced this?
Elexis

Postby kartera » Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:59 am

i read once that npc's cannot crit with spells. so it shouldnt be able to crit ...
kartera

Postby Elexis » Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:44 am

Normally yes, NPC spells don't crit. This one however did, and did so several times. I wasn't the only one noticing it.

Personally I'm guessing that the debuff is using the target's own spell crit chance or conviction is buging with it.
Elexis

Postby Caitnyc » Thu Nov 27, 2008 10:17 pm

Your P3 Rotation is very fragile. Sure, with 1-2-1-2 you stack debuffs like crazy but once you shield yourself your stack will fall down. With 3 Beamtargets 5 times a minute it's much more reasonable to use a 1-1-1-1-1-2 rotation. I also don't agree on your damage/heal ratio, 10 healers is WAY too much in P3. We always do it with 3 healers, 22 dps and have zero trouble neither with people dying nor the enrage. All you have to do is bunch together, let the healers do there 3-3-3-3-3-4 rotation and rotate around Malygos once a field is released in your raid.
Caitnyc

Postby Markoh » Fri Nov 28, 2008 9:59 am

A 1,1,1,1,1,2 rotation is awful. Your killing your dps and going completely overboard on survivability.

A 1,1,2 or a 1,1,1,2 rotation will give you 10 or 15 seconds depending on which you use. By the time the 10 and 15 sec durations are done malygos would have done like 2-3 surges.
Markoh

Re: [25]Malygos

Postby Meloree » Fri Nov 28, 2008 11:13 pm

Io.Draco wrote:Raid Set up :
2 Tanks - You could probably do just 1 but , bit the lords in phase 2 are just hitting for over 7 k , so 2 is better
8 Healers - Get at least 2 CoH priests and Resto druids
15 DPS - Having more ranged then melee helps a bit here , but ain't needed , try at least to get a balance so that there are not more melee then ranged though

We found it very controllable with 6 healers. 2 resto druids, 2 coh priests, 1 holy paladin, and one resto shaman. Priests and Druids kept full hots on me during landing, and the holy paladin used holy shock on landing to buy himself a second to move into position and bomb again. It was very stable. We didn't have tank-death problems, even when dps was being dumb and letting sparks hit Malygos in the early attempts. Although, for reference, I was at 36k raidbuffed hp for the progression kill.

For what it's worth, the biggest reason I chose myself to MT this fight, is because my threat is significantly higher than any of our other tanks right now, even judging wisdom, and on this fight, threat matters. DPS is sitting on +100% or +150% damage for most of the fight, and most of them have more time-on-target than the tank does.

Warlock can use thier nifty new teleport to get out of vortex, warriors can intercept out of vortex. Our rogues and mages also managed to almost never be caught in a vortex.

--
Meloree of Garona
Meloree
Maintankadonor

Re: [25]Malygos

Postby Meloree » Fri Nov 28, 2008 11:13 pm

EDIT: Cleaning up double-post
--
Meloree of Garona
Last edited by Meloree on Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Meloree
Maintankadonor

Postby Morganim » Fri Nov 28, 2008 11:39 pm

Rogues can do it by using the combat 51pt talent but its not often. No idea how mages can do it
Morganim

Postby Meloree » Fri Nov 28, 2008 11:42 pm

Blink? Iceblock? Upshot, there was lots of 'em running around happily dpsing while I was off-target. One afflock was sitting at 95% threat at the end of it. I would have been mortified if he had to shatter.

--
Meloree of Garona
Meloree
Maintankadonor

Postby Morganim » Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:27 am

Had first go at 25 man tonight, he hits like a truck. Well the arcane breath does, i was getting hit for 24k at times -_-
Morganim

Postby blish » Sun Nov 30, 2008 4:44 pm

P3, we have 5 healers in this phase so they heal a group, quite easy really. The rest dps and there rotation is 1,1,2,1,1,2. you do this you win its really quite easy and a fun fight.

We also all stack up in one big group, and when need be we just all move left, and while moving you keep dpsing and healing you don't have to see the boss to dps him.

wtb more content already.
blish

Postby Io.Draco » Sun Nov 30, 2008 4:50 pm

Caitnyc wrote:Your P3 Rotation is very fragile. Sure, with 1-2-1-2 you stack debuffs like crazy but once you shield yourself your stack will fall down. With 3 Beamtargets 5 times a minute it's much more reasonable to use a 1-1-1-1-1-2 rotation. I also don't agree on your damage/heal ratio, 10 healers is WAY too much in P3. We always do it with 3 healers, 22 dps and have zero trouble neither with people dying nor the enrage. All you have to do is bunch together, let the healers do there 3-3-3-3-3-4 rotation and rotate around Malygos once a field is released in your raid.

with 10 healers you can screw the shield as dps the will survive thanks to the healers,( u can lower the number of healers to 7-8 np though ) and the DPS WILL be higher then having your dps use a shit rotation just to use the shield
Io.Draco

Next

Return to T7: Naxx / Maly / Sarth / Archavon