Remove Advertisements

Azgalor (Split Topic)

Winterchill, Anetheron, Kaz'rogal, Azgalor, Archimonde

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Amran20 » Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:51 pm

Ok, update. It looks like I'm going to be tanking Doomguards for Azgalor. If that lets you know how Kaz'rogal went, hehe. 2 shot, first try 56%, second he was down. That's with no shadow resist gear from BT. And to reply to people, I've been healing only on boss fights, I've been tanking on every trash wave. The infernals were tanked very capably by a feral druid, and I'm just a lot better healer than he is anyway when in healing gear. The first 2 bosses trash was pathetic, and we breezed through that like nothing. Kaz'rogal's trash we had a tough time at first, but we wizened up quickly and it's mastered. Azgalor's trash seems difficult, we've only given it one shot at the end of our raid. Question about the Mana Stalkers.... tankable by me or no? Thanks for all the replies, my guild and I are pretty excited by 3 bosses in 2 days here.

“Time is too slow for those who wait, too swift for those who fear, too long for those who grieve, too short for those who rejoice, but for those who love, time is eternity.”
Amran20

Postby enbee » Thu Sep 27, 2007 1:27 am

We had some trouble learning kazrogal trash, and after we killed kazrogal the 1st time we 1shot the trash on azgalor, much harder boss though!

I used shadowres gear on any wave that had mana stalkers and those shadowcasters, esp wave.. 7(?).. or 6.. the one with all the shadowcrap it really came in handy, I just went in to take the full blunt and we aoe'd it down quick, which seemed like the toughest wave normally.
LoL, a paladin tank!
enbee

Postby Amran20 » Thu Sep 27, 2007 1:32 am

Yeah, I watched Lore's video on tanking Azgalor trash, but it's a bit hard to tell whats going on other than he owns. Hmm... why is Azgalor so hard, is it the Rain of Fire? It seems that his health is far lower than kaz'rogal(at least according to Bosskillers, though I've seen their guides be wrong), and he kills people every like minute or so with Doom, and Kaz'rogal took my guild around 3-4(maybe 5-6, due to caster death, I don't really have a good track of time) minutes to kill, so why is Azgalor so difficult?

“Time is too slow for those who wait, too swift for those who fear, too long for those who grieve, too short for those who rejoice, but for those who love, time is eternity.”
Amran20

Postby enbee » Thu Sep 27, 2007 2:03 am

Amran20 wrote:Yeah, I watched Lore's video on tanking Azgalor trash, but it's a bit hard to tell whats going on other than he owns. Hmm... why is Azgalor so hard, is it the Rain of Fire? It seems that his health is far lower than kaz'rogal(at least according to Bosskillers, though I've seen their guides be wrong), and he kills people every like minute or so with Doom, and Kaz'rogal took my guild around 3-4(maybe 5-6, due to caster death, I don't really have a good track of time) minutes to kill, so why is Azgalor so difficult?

Well there are various reasons the fight can be hard.

1) Lack of HoT healers, MT dies on silence due to a string of unavoided hits
2) Your raid has alot of people with low hp, they die due to rain of fire
3) Doom's target the wrong people (omg not our chainhealer.. whyyy :<)

Those 3 seem to be the main things.. I offtank the doomguards at the taurens and its a breeze, at least that part is easy :>
LoL, a paladin tank!
enbee

Postby PsiVen » Thu Sep 27, 2007 2:18 am

Azgalor is hard because he hits like a truck and causes potentially fatal damage to anyone hit by RoF, and spams aoe silence. This creates a lot of situations where someone really wishes they would get a heal right about now.... Or they die. Also if you let the doomguards pile up out of control, OT healing will get troublesome and the difficulty of picking up new doomguards increases -- and with it the potential for an add to run rampant through the raid with a thirst for the blood of vital healers.

And to reply to people, I've been healing only on boss fights, I've been tanking on every trash wave. The infernals were tanked very capably by a feral druid, and I'm just a lot better healer than he is anyway when in healing gear.

It's possible that you needed the extra healing, but I should think that it would be obvious that a feral druid does DPS when not tanking, not healing, and is actually on-spec for it and thus should be doing a better job at DPS than you will at healing.
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Amran20 » Thu Sep 27, 2007 2:29 am

Yeah, my brain isn't functioning so good with the feral druid thing. I dunno, I think I was either the 7th or 8th healer in the raid after I swapped gear, so I think my raid leader had me do that because of the healing debuff, and it was our first time fighting him, so we didn't really know the fight firsthand, and figured extra healing would be good. Still, I'm pretty sure the druid did a damn fine job, I think maybe 1-2 people died from Infernals, that's it.

He does want me tanking Doomguards though, once we get to Azgalor. I'm looking forward to the fight, to see if we can pull off another DS Hyjal miracle.

Edit: Oh yeah, what do you recommend with Thrall? Doomguard duty, smackin' Azgalor? I know he used to die to RoF, but I know he's just a beastly mofo as of the patch.

Amran20

Postby Cakes » Tue Oct 02, 2007 12:42 am

Bump for more Azgalor talk. We arrived on this guy last night, gave him a few good attempts when we weren't worn out from trash. We've changed positioning several times now, and I think we're set on having him by Thrall as it gives the dps plenty of room to move around in out of RoF. Thrall's health was buffed as well, so hopefully he won't eat it.

Our best attempt is about 56% or so and I'm wondering if there is really much more we can do on this guy other than just not die. We have had a few dps people go down early in the fight, but he seems to have a ton of health, hits like a truck, and spams silence.

A couple key questions:
1) Do you keep all your melee back for doomguard detail? Seems like a lot of lost dps if you do.
2) Do you mostly do doomguard detail using NPC damage?
3) Do you have any of your melee wear FR gear?
4) Do you have your healers wear a lot of SR gear to resist silences?
Cakes

Postby Afraithe » Tue Oct 02, 2007 4:27 am

We are on Azgalor as well, the patch screwed our first attempts cause some things related to him has changed (range of silence/doom).

We use Thrall and some of his NPCs to DPS the Doomguards. We tank them (me and a druid) 100 yards away from the boss (So offtanks can not be doomed). It is very important that ppl with speed enhancement is on the farthest away spot, so they can make it to our tank spot (hunters, mages etc).

But we haven't downed him yet, not sure what our best try is, we haven't spent an entire day on him yet, so attempts have been a little bad to be honest. We are also loosing DPS to the fire, we are thinking of decking out our dps on fire res gear as it seems to help.
Afraithe

Postby Lore » Tue Oct 02, 2007 6:59 am

Amran20 wrote:Edit: Oh yeah, what do you recommend with Thrall? Doomguard duty, smackin' Azgalor? I know he used to die to RoF, but I know he's just a beastly mofo as of the patch.

We let him go on Azgalor, and have melee DPS killing doomguards.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby kensanity » Sat Jul 12, 2008 4:03 pm

My first trip to azzy was a pug and we one shotted him. Interestingly enough or main tank tanked azgalor directly across from thrall's location. When doom guards spawn our pally tank or druid tank kite them to the tauren camp to the east and then south to where thrall is at. The two offtanks then hold all doomguards at thralls camp where the npcs beat down on em. All raid dps atays on azgalor with all healers spread out in a semicircle. Rain of fire sucks but is very easy to avoid and negate damage lost from. I agree suckiest part is untimely deaths of targeted doom members
kensanity

Return to Mt. Hyjal