Remove Advertisements

ZA

Nalorakk, Akil'zon, Jan'alai, Halazzi, Malacrass, Zul'jin

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Oramac » Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:55 pm

Fridmarr wrote:
Kaelie wrote:
Tats wrote:you need to send some my way. on most non-pvp servers, the ally/horde ratio is like 7-1

as far as za goes, lets hope its not as strict on group composure as karazhan was.

Kara was strict on group composure? O_o Illhoof is the closest thing to needing a certain group for that I can think of. Just bring two or three healers, a tank, and six or seven dps. If you're just starting, have some cc and an offtank.

Well the current version of Karazhan is pretty nerfed from what was released, not to mention the gear is now a lot better. When we were first hitting kara, we found that warlocks were a near necessity for Aran and Illhoof, well actually Illhoof was easy, then hard, and now easy again.

Beyond that I wouldn't say it was really strict but unless you are going to be swapping folks in or out, that was enough to be a pain.

2 locks still makes spite a joke to this day. although its still pretty easy anyhow, but 2 locks makes it a snore fest.
Aplus wrote:Yeah every time I get a big head, I go and try to solo a warlock.brings me back down to earth pretty fast
Oramac

Postby Ossuary » Wed Sep 26, 2007 10:18 am

Oramac wrote:2 locks still makes spite a joke to this day. although its still pretty easy anyhow, but 2 locks makes it a snore fest.

Pbbt, Ever tossed on SR and jumped into the blue beam for 50 stacks yourself? (8k Excorsism crit byah!)
Ossuary

Postby PsiVen » Wed Sep 26, 2007 7:19 pm

Kaelie wrote:Main thing I'm hoping for in ZA, besides the loot holes being filled, is that it's more friendly for melee. Everything in Kara other than Shade seems to really prefer ranged.

I can't think of a single boss in Karazhan that's very melee-unfriendly, except Maiden who is only unfriendly to large numbers of melee... Maybe Prince, since you have to run out a lot farther on enfeebles. The warlock thing is true though, or at least it was for Netherspite in blues/greens, pre-nerf Aran, and post-buff/pre-nerf Illhoof.
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Kaelie » Thu Sep 27, 2007 1:03 am

PsiVen wrote:I can't think of a single boss in Karazhan that's very melee-unfriendly, except Maiden who is only unfriendly to large numbers of melee... Maybe Prince, since you have to run out a lot farther on enfeebles.

Fleshbeast aoes, Maiden, Moroes add whirlwinds, chain lightning on Curator adds, Prince's Shadow nova, and Flame Wreath if you end up out of range from Blizzard or elementals or something are what I think of off the top of my head. Nothing that's too difficult to deal with, but our rogues tend to be pretty vocal about some of it (especially that damn fleshbeast aoe).
Kaelie

Postby enbee » Thu Sep 27, 2007 1:14 am

I'm really looking forward to a new 10man instance, I had my first real "raidtanking" experience in kharazan, and I love the whole 10man thing, more feeling of control or whatever, and with a paladin tank you most likely don't have to bring an offtank, faster raid, yay.
LoL, a paladin tank!
enbee

Postby PsiVen » Thu Sep 27, 2007 2:49 am

Kaelie wrote:Fleshbeast aoes, Maiden, Moroes add whirlwinds, chain lightning on Curator adds, Prince's Shadow nova, and Flame Wreath if you end up out of range from Blizzard or elementals or something are what I think of off the top of my head. Nothing that's too difficult to deal with, but our rogues tend to be pretty vocal about some of it (especially that damn fleshbeast aoe).

Um, the fleshbeast thing is a cone, and they also have cleave. Tell them to stop standing in front of mobs. Maiden doesn't do much to melee unless you have 4+ trying to DPS her. Melee DPS is by far the most efficient at killing Curator's adds, despite the minor amount of additional healing needed. Warriors and rogues have no excuse for ending up out of range on a flame wreath.

There are things in the game that are truly punishing to melee... but these are not among them. I suggest you take a trip back in time to bring rogues to pre-nerf heroic SV, Arcatraz, and Durnholde to experience the true glory of caster domination :)
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Leopoldp » Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:39 am

I heard that the encounters in ZA will be on a timer u will have to down bosses in a certian amount of time or the main boss sacrifices someone and gains strenth at some point he just becomes too strong, or something like that.

"MORITURI TE SALUTANT"
Leopoldp

Postby Base » Thu Sep 27, 2007 7:03 am

Leopoldp wrote:I heard that the encounters in ZA will be on a timer u will have to down bosses in a certian amount of time or the main boss sacrifices someone and gains strenth at some point he just becomes too strong, or something like that.
Plus a lot of the rewards are going to be timer based - ie if you kill the boss within x time you get really good loot, 2x average loot, 4x crappy loot.
Base

Postby kywirelessguy » Thu Sep 27, 2007 10:14 am

aoe'ing trash ftw.

ought to keep things moving.

I'm hoping for a very pally tank heavy fight. One that is possible with a Warrior or Druid but extremely difficult.

Hook us up blizz.
kywirelessguy

Postby Eloff » Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:20 am

Nobody clears trash faster than a tankadin. Everyone will love us with the timer for x loot scenario.

True story.
"With your shield or on it" - Spartan Code of Conduct

Eloff

Postby Ulquiorra » Thu Sep 27, 2007 10:31 pm

Or they'll complain about us having to drink once in a blue moon despite clearing faster anyway.
Ulquiorra

Postby Sharlos » Wed Oct 03, 2007 8:05 pm

Eloff wrote:Nobody clears trash faster than a tankadin. Everyone will love us with the timer for x loot scenario.

True story.

Only after ZA is on farm...like every other raid?
Sharlos

Postby Maruko_ » Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:27 pm

PsiVen wrote:
Kaelie wrote:Main thing I'm hoping for in ZA, besides the loot holes being filled, is that it's more friendly for melee. Everything in Kara other than Shade seems to really prefer ranged.

I can't think of a single boss in Karazhan that's very melee-unfriendly, except Maiden who is only unfriendly to large numbers of melee... Maybe Prince, since you have to run out a lot farther on enfeebles. The warlock thing is true though, or at least it was for Netherspite in blues/greens, pre-nerf Aran, and post-buff/pre-nerf Illhoof.

Unfortunately one of the bosses is melee unfriendly -- the eagle boss.
Went in there tonight with a group with 2 pally tanks, 2 rogues, dps warrior, enhance shammy and boy did he kick our butts. The chain lightening/debuff thing he does makes it really hard for melee to dps effectively. The other two bosses I saw (bear and lynx) seemed fine though.

Still definitely want a lock in your group :P
(not always accurate, I spec holy for arena)
Maruko_

Postby jncomix » Fri Oct 19, 2007 1:09 pm

Hey, All. It's my first post but I just wanted to link what might become THE new attainable Tankadin weapon (attained via PvE):

Amani Punisher
+30 Stam
+21 Int
219 Spell Dmg
http://www.wowhead.com/?item=33283#comments:id=170991
Paladin
Lvl 70
Kirin Tor
jncomix

Postby daier » Sun Oct 21, 2007 12:02 pm

That new mace looks pretty cool on stats, though isn't that kind of an answer to the Season 2 mace for non-pvpers?

BTW, jncomix, a fellow Kirin Tor pally? Thumbs up to ya. :D
daier

PreviousNext

Return to Zul'aman