Remove Advertisements

TankadinTps - a threat analyzer

All things /script related

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, _Chloe

Postby search66 » Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:50 am

Just wanted to bump this thread for it's awesome goodness. Not only does it show you your TPS... it has a great feature to analyze fights and data... It also allows you to save data to compare.

This has helped me personally increase my TPS. I checked out fights and saw what I did that caused the most threat. To me, this is a MUST have for any beginner Tankadin like myself.... it truly shows the dynamics of how we tank and hold aggro.
search66

Postby Zappi » Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:26 am

cool .. sticky :)
Zappi

Postby _Chloe » Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:44 am

Welcome <3
_Chloe

Postby search66 » Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:17 am

Any update on this for 3.0?
search66

Postby Zappi » Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:29 am

Not yet ..

I have to get the threat values for every ability from a record of the combatlog + queried threat values. Unfortunately, those are not in sync and I have to do this manually.

This is almost done for the paladin.

The feedback I received from other classes (no feedback at all) strongly suggest, that I'll delete the warrior and druid files.
Zappi

Postby search66 » Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:59 am

Zappi wrote:Not yet ..

I have to get the threat values for every ability from a record of the combatlog + queried threat values. Unfortunately, those are not in sync and I have to do this manually.

This is almost done for the paladin.

The feedback I received from other classes (no feedback at all) strongly suggest, that I'll delete the warrior and druid files.

You rock like Eddie Vedder.
search66

Postby Katerina » Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:05 am

Of all the mods I missed last night, tankadin (and tankadinTPS) was right up there with my raid frames.

Druids and warriors just don't know what they are missing.

Thank you very much for creating this! I'm very much looking forward to the update - but don't let it get in the way of getting some play time in :)
Katerina

Postby search66 » Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:07 am

Katerina wrote:Of all the mods I missed last night, tankadin (and tankadinTPS) was right up there with my raid frames.

Druids and warriors just don't know what they are missing.

Thank you very much for creating this! I'm very much looking forward to the update - but don't let it get in the way of getting some play time in :)

Wow... you can get in? Arthas is still down... hasn't been up since Monday.

:P
search66

Postby search66 » Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:08 am

After playing 3.0 WITHOUT TankadinTPS the last few days... I can't believe how dependent on it I was!

*cry*

If you need ANY help or data, etc... let me know... I'd be more than happy to assist... I also have webspace/bandwidth that I can provide for you.
search66

Postby Kaoruatsumori » Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:04 am

Any news on a 3.0 update coming soon? :o
Kaoruatsumori

Postby search66 » Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:32 pm

Kaoruatsumori wrote:Any news on a 3.0 update coming soon? :o

Not sure how... but it's been working for me. It wasn't at first; but now it seems A-OK and brilliant.
search66

Postby Kellern » Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:27 am

I would love to help with the development of this addon, its been a massive boon to my tanking.

I play a warrior and DK tank, tell me what I need to do for you to be able to calculate TPS for these other classes.
Moonlight - Argent Dawn EU
Kellern

Postby Drobent » Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:57 am

It's aparently easy.

Just calculate your DPS, adding the +threat of your abilities dividing it by its delay and then multiply it by your "threat constant", wich is higher than 1.

TPS = (DPS+AditionalThreat/Delay) * ThreatConstant

The problem is, for example, how much threat do you add with ShoR/Revenge etc etc.

IE, asume that your DPS is 300, the threat added by your ability is 70 and it's delay is 5 seconds and asume your ThreatConstant is 1.6 (wich means "all your actions cause an aditional 60% Threat")

TPS = (300+70/5) * 1.6 = 502.4tps

But the paladins do not do exactly it, assuming that the "ThreatConstant" of the Paladin only affects his holy dmg, you might separate the DPS in two numbers; "white dps", that is added at the end of the equation and "holy dps", which is the one increasing.
Drobent

Postby Zappi » Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:03 am

*update for wotlk*

But atm for Paladins only. Other classes will follow.

If you want to speed this up, help me getting the numbers.

- describe which buff/stance/form gives you the 1.43 modificator
- are there other modificators (for special skills, etc)?
- use every skill you have with and without your special tank buff (if possible) and run the threat tool from this addon. copy your data into a excel / open office file (it is formatted as csv with ; as seperator).
Please make several files, like "this is the data for skill x under different circumstances" and describe them if necessary.

a tip for thread measurement: take a mob with enough life in a not crowded region (perhaps the trees in skettis?). don't use every skill you have at once. the ingame threatmeter doesn't updates every combat event, so use a skill, wait a few seconds (3-5 auto attacks) and then use another.
Zappi

Postby Argee » Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:02 am

Sticky... this is a freaking awesome tool.

I just wandered if it could be possible to have a graph showing when in a fight you do your TPS.
I recon a graph showing if you get your rotation right all the way through the fight and if you punch in Avenger Shield or Exorcism once in a while.

I think of something similar to the dps/raid dps window in Omen, but a static one to be viewed after the fight.
Time on the X-axis and Total TPS on the Y-axis, or maybe it could be optionized which skills to watch the TPS for on the Y-axis with check marks.
Argee

PreviousNext

Return to Add-ons, UI, and Macros