Remove Advertisements

[10] Naxx overview.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

[10] Naxx overview.

Postby knaughty » Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:54 pm

OK, this is just a quickie overview.

We've done 6-7 hours in Naxx-10 over two nights with the following team:

Two Tanks
• Bear - 80 for a few days, has run some heroics.
• Me - Tankadin. Dinged 80 on Sat, in Naxx on Sun. No heroic gear, 3 crafted epics + Sunwell gear. Some re-gemming to hit crit-cap.

Health: Bear hits 36k fully raid buffed, I hit 29k with Kings, 27k with Sanc.

Anything "single tank" I tanked while bear DPSed. Anything multi-tank, bear got the hard job, and I got the easy one (his gear is better).

Two healers
• Holy Priest with a fair amount on heroic gear. Nearly 2k spell-power/ 20k mana.
• Tree with some heroic gear.

Six DPS
• Two mages
• Ret pally
• Hunter (re-roll, blue gear)
• Shadow Priest
• Warlock

Other than the hunter, DPS had decent gear - Sunwell and lvl 78-80 blues or better. Mages both with some heroic gear, not much (none?) on other 4 DPS.

Knowledge going in
• None of us had beta keys.
• I'd done Anub and Raz on my warlock at 60. No one else had done much more, cept the warlock (who's an applicant, and didn't talk much).
• We read WoWwiki. Do the same, strategy notes below are things it missed.
IE: We'd never done Naxx before.

First night
Raz-10 amounts to "learn to MC and you win". Took us 3 tries to get MC right, I wrote up the details in another post, this forum.
Hiegan dance took 3-4 tries to learn.

Anub, Faerlina, Noth, Loatheb, and Mex all one-shot on the "learning attempt" including stuffing up various things:
• Faerlina adds are fragile - we killed on by accident, used two, she died before final one was needed. DPS "race" is a stroll.
• Loatheb we got spore right just as he died. Cloud is VERY small, you have to be standing IN the spore. Healing was "tight" with two healers (but no spore buff).
• Tank Mex on the opposite side to where she starts :roll:

Second night
Short night, had less than 3 hours. Construct wing is much harder that other wings, other than Patchwerk everything took more than one try.
• Patchwerk one shot (after we cleared the room). Tank-n-spank, two healers, no heavy gear check. DPS timer would be tight but doable with 5 DPS in 80 blues (we had 5.5 - one lagged out for 2 mins, and we had about a minute spare). Dead easy with 6 DPS.

• Grobulus took two tries. Killer farts are hard to see through all the spell effects. I ended up just moving him every few seconds and we got the kill. I tanked the blobs as well with Consecrate/HotR. One got lose requiring AS. If vision is a problem, have a DPS tell you when to move.

• Gluth: Tunnel has a damage aura, and the dog is at the end of the tunnel and puts you in combat when you get there. He can eat you standing in it staring at him (wipe one). Buff-up standing on the outside pipe, then run down tunnel and drop in. Kiting the mobs is painful as prot, I couldn't do it (wipe 2). Switch to me tanking, frost mage kiting. Mage goes OOM at 10%, zombie chow arrives, dog heals to 30% (wipe 3). Mage gets innervate, kill on 4th attempt. You have to do taunt rotation, we did it at 5 stacks or "just before decimate". Killed him on second decimate. Geared DPS would easily beat 2nd one, 5-DPS team will require two decimates. Pallies OP here - Holy Wrath is a huge help. Kiting adds is hard, even for a frost mage.

• Thaddius: Don't let mini-bosses get more than a few yards from starting position or something bad happens and everyone dies (wipe 1). The jump to Thaddius's platform is very tight - two people failed on first attempt - both tanks (wipe 2). Third try one tank managed to hit the platform and we killed him even though a few people missed and had to run back around. Thaddius himself is easy if you ever did heroic mech.

Third Night...
Tonight. We have maybe 2 hours before the reset, hoping to get at least to Saph.

Overall?

We're one-shotting most bosses with minimal heroic gear. It's very, very easy.
This isn't the "Offtankadin" forum. My MoP FAQ: http://tinyurl.com/FAQ-5-0
- Knaughty.
knaughty
Maintankadonor

Location: Sydney, plotting my next diatribe against the forces of ignorance!

Postby knaughty » Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:28 am

• Gothic is a complete joke. Walk in, 5-man each side. Some adds spawn, you kill them, boss comes down, you kill him. No taunt issues. The end.

• Four Horseman is hard verging on impossible with two healers, neither one a pally. We had the SP heal me as a third, worked fine, ret pally dropped some FoLs on me during transitions. Stack up on Thane side to split meteor and wait for your mages to work out how to tank. WTB Proper Taunt - even though other tank was a bear. Many many tries to get it right. A Holy pally or two would trivialise it.

• Saph isn't real hard - we had no FR, I tanked, bear DPS+Innervate+BR. First fight in zone where I felt badly under-geared. She hits like a Russian nuclear powered freight train. I have my first Naxx/heroic epic though: Go Go Massive Skeletal Ribcage. Thought about having bear tank, but he thought innervate+BR+real DPS > his survivability.

• Had 12 mins till maint, pulled KT. Phase one is easy, got half way through P2 then reboot. Looks easy enough. Probably would have killed him if we'd had an extra half hour.

The "Hard" Fights:

(IE: Where you will wipe to learn them, rather than one-shot)

Raz MC
Hiegan Dance.
Grob dance.
Gluth Kite
Thaddius Jump

Four horseman. Take 3 healers, two tanks. SP/Elemental/Balance can easily heal one of the melee tanks. Holy pally probably counts as two healers as well.

Saph is sketchy to tank with fresh 80 and only two healers, but is do-able, just. Gear check, not a skill check. Easier co-ordination check than 4-h, but harder gear check. I had five badge/crafted epics, then Sunwell stuff or 78+ blues, and was getting smashed - 25k Armour / 29k health. Take a 3rd real healer to drastically reduce difficulty.

Based on 10 mins, KT looks easy. Maybe it gets harder later on.

Wing Order
Spider/Plague both really easy. Think "easy heroic". We one shot every boss first time we'd ever seen them.
Patchwerk and Gothik are easy (one shot)
Then do Construct wing
Then 4-H last - they are still the hardest.
- Knaughty.
knaughty
Maintankadonor

Postby Morganim » Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:38 am

10 man naxx is easily summed up

/snore

The only fight we had any trouble on in pure sunwell gear with a couple heroic upgrades was sapphiron, we ended up just forcing through with a fourth healer.

Also for the loot he drops KT is an absolute joke, 8% first try with 3 dps dying when the adds spawned lol @ not reading strat and myself tunnel visioning it was so boring. 2nd shot kill
Morganim

Postby Rachmaninoff » Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:51 am

I'm about to hit 80. this makes me sad.
Rachmaninoff

Postby Vanifae » Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:57 am

Just cleared 10-man Naxx in two nights, we cleared three wings the first night culminating in a fun win against the Four Horsemen then did the Abomination Wings and finished with the last two bosses.

Very fun time.

First Three Wings: http://wowwebstats.com/uhtuwimb6nka5

Patchwerk till the end: http://wowwebstats.com/egi3po2x3vdxs

Tank damage is significant for all those that seem to gloss over; I was doing 1800ish DPS on Patchwerk.
This is why I'm a humorless feminist. Because rape jokes killed my sense of humor.
Minnerva wrote:if you act like a jerk then we push you away unless when born the girl got slapped around by her father.
Vanifae

Postby Vanifae » Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:02 pm

Knaughty wrote:

Did you get the two guardians to spawn? They don't hit hard at first but they put a stacking debuff on the tank tanking them. Also when he gets low he can frost tomb more then one person at a time, I died on the kill because he put me and two melee DPS in the tomb and I don't think bubble works on that. Correct me if I am wrong.

KT is not hard but execution and speed make it easier.
This is why I'm a humorless feminist. Because rape jokes killed my sense of humor.
Minnerva wrote:if you act like a jerk then we push you away unless when born the girl got slapped around by her father.
Vanifae

Postby Belloc » Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:12 pm

Vanifae wrote:
Knaughty wrote:

Did you get the two guardians to spawn? They don't hit hard at first but they put a stacking debuff on the tank tanking them. Also when he gets low he can frost tomb more then one person at a time, I died on the kill because he put me and two melee DPS in the tomb and I don't think bubble works on that. Correct me if I am wrong.

KT is not hard but execution and speed make it easier.

Frost Blast will chain to people within 10 yards. Your melee DPS were too close.

Frost Blast Places an Ice Block effect on the targeted player, and all players within 10 yards, rendering them unable to perform any action. This effect will continue to chain to anyone within 10 yards of anyone affected as with C'thun's Eye Beam. It will deal 104% of their maximum HP in damage over 4 seconds. If those affected are not healed within 4 seconds they will die.
Belloc

Postby Vanifae » Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:21 pm

Yeah I was thinking it may have been that, we were very melee heavy that run.
Vanifae

Postby Vanifae » Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:22 pm

Morganim wrote:10 man naxx is easily summed up

/snore

The only fight we had any trouble on in pure sunwell gear with a couple heroic upgrades was sapphiron, we ended up just forcing through with a fourth healer.

Also for the loot he drops KT is an absolute joke, 8% first try with 3 dps dying when the adds spawned lol @ not reading strat and myself tunnel visioning it was so boring. 2nd shot kill

It's not meant to be super hard as an intro to raiding.

I think they achieved their goal.
Vanifae

Postby knaughty » Tue Nov 25, 2008 3:02 pm

Vanifae wrote:
Knaughty wrote:

Did you get the two guardians to spawn? They don't hit hard at first but they put a stacking debuff on the tank tanking them. Also when he gets low he can frost tomb more then one person at a time.

We barely got into Phase 2 before server shutdown.

Playing in Oceania, they shut our servers down at 10PM or midnight local time. Tards.
- Knaughty.
knaughty
Maintankadonor

Return to T7: Naxx / Maly / Sarth / Archavon