Remove Advertisements

[H] Azjol-Nerub

Strats / Info that doesn't fit in a specific instance

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Postby DragonBlade » Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:23 pm

I tanked this yesterday and got overwhelmed (No CC). I'm wondering if it was a bug or if there was a timer.

I can handle the three mob pulls from the first boss. But once we killed them off, the 2nd group arrives and the 3rd group aggros 5 second later. This happened 3 times.

The 4th attempt, the 3rd group didnt aggro, but it looked like the dps was lacking and the third group came (~1-2 mins) and destroyed us
DragonBlade

Postby Kracus » Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:17 pm

I didn't find this place to be that hard until the last boss. Was with a pug healer so we fell short on him.

But for the run, we had no CC - other than my fear which I never used, and we just made sure to kill the skirmishers first.

The last boss was the kicker - you have to have people that can pay attention and burn adds fast cause the spitters will tear you apart (and I was there with a shaman healer :\).

I just kept moving the boss and I never got stunned and was able to catch the him casting pound. The only time I goofed was when he re-emerged I obviously ran back in and he had already casted pound >.<.
"The sun does not grant anything, it is simply there. And flowers simply bloom. Not for anyone's sake."
I am Warlock
Kracus

Postby Zorminster » Mon Nov 24, 2008 4:44 pm

Went in last night

group:
tank, 23k buffed health, 523 def, right around 20k armor w/ devo
main healer @ 1300
dps rogue 1600
dps hunter 1400
dps spriest ??? didnt pay too much atttention

boss 1: seemed like it should- we pulled through hair of our teeth. Didnt do anything special. Just note that in reg, the groups go left right mid. In heroic the pull is left mid right. Make sure you pull away to prevent premature pull of second groups. If you kill fast enough you get an out of combat window. You can premature pull to try and avoid the enrage timer though.

Boss 2: do NOT tank on left of room off of the web. we got it to 10% twice and it evaded us- insta full heatlh >.< We finalyl downed it on attempt three after my tanking rotation became
HS, SHOR, cleanse cleanse cleanse cleanse hs cleanse shor cleanse......
The moral? Bring a shaman. The poison hits everyone and is a 1K health leech per sec. Thats 5K healther per sec. either overcome w/ raw dps or remove it. I managed to stay pretty full on mana and slightly ahead on threat even cleansing it all myself w/ the spriest.

**Side note: 111 stam trinket is AMAZING from this boss

Boss 3: you MUST get out of pound and you MUST deal with the venomspitters. Get out of pound by running STRAIGHT through anub. if you go around he may turn sometimes : / venomspitters are the second wave of adds each submerge and they hurt like hell. Helps to get everyone stacking on tank near the ramp for immediate pickup of everything.

We didnt get him down btw.
[]Image
Zorminster

Postby mclem » Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:13 pm

Just played through this. The final boss was the single most enjoyable fight I've had in a five-man for a very long time indeed.

First boss: frustrating. We tried to be *too* careful on the skirmishers, but that just left them slaughtering us until after the CC broke. We made progress when we swapped to a less elegant strategy. The boss himself was quite easy, though. I dread doing the achievement for killing him with the three adds up.

Second boss: Not too bad, but I was heavily starved for mana. Swapped to BoSanc and that kept me going nicely. The onus of cleansing fell on me, so I had to interweave cleanse with the tanking abilities, which was pretty enjoyable.

Third boss: Massively fun. The boss himself seemed extremely easy as long as you reacted to Stomp, but it killed me a few times and our rogue a few times. Building strategies for the trash spawns to find one that was right for our group was rewarding, and once again I had to intertwine cleanse with the other tanking requirements.

Unfortunately, he didn't drop the belt, and I'm still toting around the Leo one. Ah, well.
mclem

Postby Chevy » Tue Nov 25, 2008 8:37 am

Anyone gotten the achievements for this zone yet? I'm not sure how people are completing the Anub'Arak achievment - I think you have to kill him the 2nd time he emerges when he's only up for like 10 seconds.
Chevy

Postby Belloc » Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:25 am

The Anub'Arak achievement (Gotta Go!) is completed by using curse of tongues or mind-numbing poison. Basically, you get his cast speed slowed, get his health to the point where he is ALMOST ready to burrow, and then you wait for a locust swarm. As soon as the swarm starts, you blow all of your cooldowns (heroism is huge if you have it) and you burn him as hard as you can. If your DPS is good enough, you'll skip a burrow phase or two by doing this. I've heard of people having kills that involved ONE burrow phase. The reason this works is because he will not burrow until after his swarm is finished. You must still have very high DPS to pull this off, though.

Think of it like DPSing Nightbane while he is still in the air. Good groups could skip entire flight phases by doing that.

This is most likely the intended strategy, as well. Many of these achievements require utilizing strategies that go beyond raising DPS.
Belloc

Postby gwayne » Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:56 am

Chunes wrote:Moral of the story: the difference between being on the receiving and giving end of heroic raping is about 3 days of farming gear. BC that difference used to be like 3 weeks.

Moral of the story: Tier 6 is shiny but those crappy looking blues are a whole lot better :P
Gwayne
<CTSamurai>
Neptulon-EU
gwayne

Postby Chunes » Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:48 pm

gwayne wrote:
Chunes wrote:Moral of the story: the difference between being on the receiving and giving end of heroic raping is about 3 days of farming gear. BC that difference used to be like 3 weeks.

Moral of the story: Tier 6 is shiny but those crappy looking blues are a whole lot better :P

troof. I was so reluctant to give up my T6 tank items, but now i can wait to get rid of them.

tho losing the 2pc set bonus makes me a little sad inside, i'll probably wait until i can buy the emblem tier gloves and then just upgrade my pants at the same time (my only remaining T6)
Chunes

Postby Belarkan » Thu Nov 27, 2008 3:55 am

I went for it yesteday and we couldn't get to the first boss.
First two attempts were messy, then, we managed to finish the first wave with enough mana but the bosses would keep on sending us the second and third packs at the same time, regardless of what pack we pulled first and the fact that we were already far enough from them.
He did that 4 time so we gave up because 2 waves at the same time is a bit too much for us now.

Has it happend to anybody ?
Is there something wrong we could have made ? (no we weren't pulling the second pack).
Belarkan

Postby Andryana » Thu Nov 27, 2008 4:04 am

Never experienced that, are you sure there wasn't a pet(imp,ghoul whatever) pulling the extra pack?

They are also on a timer and it's random which pack comes first(2nd or 3rd) if i remember correctly, so it could be that you were pulling one of the packs while he was scripted to send the other, don't pull anything after you killed the 1st pack just wait for him to send the next pack.
Andryana

Postby Belarkan » Thu Nov 27, 2008 4:32 am

Andryana wrote:Never experienced that, are you sure there wasn't a pet(imp,ghoul whatever) pulling the extra pack?

They are also on a timer and it's random which pack comes first(2nd or 3rd) if i remember correctly, so it could be that you were pulling one of the packs while he was scripted to send the other, don't pull anything after you killed the 1st pack just wait for him to send the next pack.

Well, the only pet was the hunter's one and he was near us, so he couldn't have pulled the other group - I looked at it since it's a usual cause of bad pull.
We only pulled the first pack and let the others come but it looks like wheneven the second packs start moving he does aggro the third one.
We were at the turn so far enough from the other packs.
Belarkan

Postby Andryana » Thu Nov 27, 2008 4:41 am

Odd then, looks some unlucky bug there.
Andryana

Postby 2ndNin » Fri Nov 28, 2008 6:05 am

If you want the 2 min achievement, the trick is to skip his tunneling.

DPS him to 76% (or as close as you feel you can), and wait for the locusts, as soon as he hits these blow trinkets and nuke fast. He won't go down till they are gone, and will skip tunnelling sections (we did the last attempt with 2 tunnels rather than 3).
[url=http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightbringer&n=elyria]Armoury Link
[/url]
2ndNin

Postby Belloc » Fri Nov 28, 2008 9:30 am

2ndNin wrote:If you want the 2 min achievement, the trick is to skip his tunneling.

DPS him to 76% (or as close as you feel you can), and wait for the locusts, as soon as he hits these blow trinkets and nuke fast. He won't go down till they are gone, and will skip tunnelling sections (we did the last attempt with 2 tunnels rather than 3).

Already detailed above :)
Belloc

Postby snoweagle » Fri Nov 28, 2008 5:15 pm

w00 just nailed the place...

retadin
lock
disc priest
mage
myself

3 epics in the whole party, rest normal/quest blues

2 pallys was really nice for all the fscking poison in there...

after about 5 wipes on the 1st boss, we decided to just aoe and screw strategy for 1 try and then go home....

somehow pulled the 1st 2 packs at once and then grabbed the third when it released with a shield toss and gave it what for and lol it actually worked.

we then 1 shotted hadronox, and spent an hour on the last boss, working out the add phases and how to controll the pound and the poison, great fight - really puts you on your toes :) Its the same fight as normal but not easymode, also you have to work a bit to get the starting beetles down in time...

what we did in the end aside from ccing on the fly and dedicatign our retadin (who had a very good pilot) tp poison duty was keeping the final add cc'd to recover while still dancing the groundspikes... job done...
snoweagle
Maintankadonor

PreviousNext

Return to General Strats