Remove Advertisements

[10/25] 3rd boss in Spider wing

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

[10/25] 3rd boss in Spider wing

Postby Precio » Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:48 am

[Changed the topic title to reflect both versions of the instance. Please read the announcement, and follow the examples when making a new thread. Thank you. -Guillex]

From my experiences last night, this seems like a very healing intensive and non retarded dps-er fight. The tank sits there and tanks. Last night, our healers kept letting the tank die. We had DBM, so the timers were available for everyone to see. The tanks kept dying. Both of us were over 20k unbuffed and over 21k armor and are def. capped.

Has it been this dificult for anyone else?

One of our healers left because he was falling asleep...that may have been the problem, but I'd like some opinions.
12/14 Ulduar10 - 8/14 Ulduar25
Precio

Re: 3rd boss in Spider wing.

Postby Fridmarr » Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:52 am

Precio wrote:From my experiences last night, this seems like a very healing intensive and non retarded dps-er fight. The tank sits there and tanks. Last night, our healers kept letting the tank die. We had DBM, so the timers were available for everyone to see. The tanks kept dying. Both of us were over 20k unbuffed and over 21k armor and are def. capped.

Has it been this dificult for anyone else?

One of our healers left because he was falling asleep...that may have been the problem, but I'd like some opinions.

This is a pretty though fight in terms of tank damage. You need to be topped off before you get cocooned and remember that at 30% she enrages, so you I'd recommend that you pop bubble wall before the post 30% coccoon so you can live through it easier. It's probably doable with 2 healers, but a bit easier with 3 until you overgear the place.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby Precio » Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:54 am

The main problem my group was having was the lack of heals on the tank. I was taking 5k dmg a hit (which means I could take 5 hits b4 death). We had 3 healers and there were times when the tank would die simply from boss attacks. Of course, we were removing the poison. And yes the Web Wrap sucks.

We're going back in 2nite to take him down I suppose.
Precio

Postby Huon » Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:55 am

tank doesn't get cocooned :P you get stunned.

First try we ran 2 healers, I kept dying. Second time we had 3 healers and one shot her. its really a tank gear and healer fight.

save bubblewall, LoH for last 30%.
Huon

Postby Precio » Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:56 am

Well the problem was. I was being forced to use CD's just to stay alive during his non-enraged phase. And I believe that my gear should be more than sufficient for this boss.
But like I said, 1 of the healers was falling asleep during the raid ffs...Damn pugs
Last edited by Precio on Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Precio

Postby Lore » Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:59 am

Precio wrote:Damn pugs

And therein lies the root of your problem.

We did it with two healers with no problems (wearing primarily T6/Sunwell gear). It's not a hard fight by any stretch of the imagination as long as everyone's paying attention.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Precio » Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:01 pm

Lore wrote:
Precio wrote:Damn pugs

And therein lies the root of your problem.

I imagine you are 100% correct. Drugged up priests that have been awake for 48 hours are not the best ppl to raid with. But damn is it hard to find healers now adays.

Thanks for the replies, now I know.
Precio

Postby Splug » Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:07 pm

You need to be absolutely certain some form of damage reduction cooldown is available for the sub-30% web spray. It doesn't accomplish anything to prolong the fight to 15% if the raid is completely doomed at that point.

Other things that help are being sure that abolish poison is up, and if a shaman is present that poison cleansing is active in the tank's group (last I knew, cleansing totems are still group-only). Heal over time effects need to go up right before the web spray as well. If abolish ends during spray, the poison being up is almost certain to be a problem.

There's not much tanks can do to really improve their survivability on this fight, beyond maybe cleansing themself when web spray isn't active. Web spray all comes down to your gear and the healers having heal over times active (and the poison removed). You need to save your defensive cooldowns for the end, so they're mostly worthless during the early half of the encounter.

-Splug
Active raid character: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... an&n=Spyte
255 characters is not enough to fit my alts' armories in.
Splug
Maintankadonor

Postby Corvina » Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:11 pm

Did this fight last ngiht with 3 healers, 1 priest, 2 shamans.

We kept dieing after 30% because of enrage. I'd pop my trinket (i don't remember what it's called, it's the +def one with the +3k armor use function on a 2 min CD) early to help with healer mana and so the CD was up for 30%. I'd save bubblewall and LoH for under 30% as well.

Once we figured it out here's what worked. I was in the group with the shamans for the cleansing totem. Me, the priest, the mage and both shamans were in one group so the Mana tides could benefit all the healers. Before web sprays i'd get topped off. First one I popped the trinket. The rest we kept me cleansed and topped off. The last spray before or around 30% i popped bubble wall and trinket again right before it. Shaman used blood lust. Next spray Preist used guardian spirit. Last spray I used LoH after i came out of it. After an hour of wiping and figuring it out, properly timed CDs were the answer to this fight.
Corvina

Postby guillex » Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:17 pm

Prease forrow the format outrined in the announcement.

Thank you.
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby Flashbane » Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:00 pm

/stopcasting
/cast [target=focus] Cleanse

Ask a pally to spam this 2 to 3 sec before web spray if u dont have Druid in raid.
Flashbane

Postby Precio » Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:02 pm

Do I suck?

I simply can't make a single post without having a moderator smite me.
Precio

Postby guillex » Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:36 pm

Precio wrote:Do I suck?

I simply can't make a single post without having a moderator smite me.

I'm not smiting you.

There's an announcement for a reason. Just follow it, that simple. Take a second, specify whether or not it's [10] or [25], and both of our jobs are done!

:)
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby knaughty » Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:06 pm

Assuming 10-man:

I dinged 80 on Saturday, then cleared spider and Abom wings on Sunday.

You health seems low. I'm running (buffed) 29k with Kings, 27k with Sanctuary, and I have no BoP epics yet. Our bear had 36k and tanked Mex, never got real low on health.

We did Mex-10 with two healers, and one-shot it even though we pull spider to the wrong wall. Damage on everything is minimal - pugfail healers?
This isn't the "Offtankadin" forum. My MoP FAQ: http://tinyurl.com/FAQ-5-0
- Knaughty.
knaughty
Maintankadonor

Location: Sydney, plotting my next diatribe against the forces of ignorance!

Postby Conaan! » Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:58 am

Knaughty wrote:Assuming 10-man:

I dinged 80 on Saturday, then cleared spider and Abom wings on Sunday.

You health seems low. I'm running (buffed) 29k with Kings, 27k with Sanctuary, and I have no BoP epics yet. Our bear had 36k and tanked Mex, never got real low on health.

We did Mex-10 with two healers, and one-shot it even though we pull spider to the wrong wall. Damage on everything is minimal - pugfail healers?

damage is not minimal on maexxna, we did get maexxna on the second try with 2 healers, but these were 2 of the god damn best our guild has (resto shaman/resto druid), indestructible pots are a MUST have for enrage, keep demo shout up on the boss (or curse of weakness) and THUNDARjudge up constantly and you will be fine until enrage, at which point just blow cooldowns and have a druid put abolish poison on you right before web wrap (so all inc heals after web wrap are full effect)

flask up, sacred shield every moment you can, and hope to god those hots keep you up
Lore wrote:JEAPORDY: CREEPY BASEMENT EDITION
Conaan!

Next

Return to T7: Naxx / Maly / Sarth / Archavon