Stat req for Naxx raid wise

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Stat req for Naxx raid wise

Postby Spite » Mon Nov 24, 2008 4:28 am

Just curious, Im new to the forum, a very good forum btw. I have checked out alot of the threads on here and have not really come across anything specific to basically a stat/gear req for naxx. I suppose what im asking is what should people in my guild be at stat wise. Ex: tank needs how much armor, health, mitigation (540 defense i know) etc. Ex: healer needs how much spell power, mp5, health, mana etc (depending on class of course) If it is something i missed somewhere I apologize ahead of time. Thanks in advance.

Spite
Prot Pally
Area 52
Spite

Postby Claydon » Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:23 am

from personal experience

healing is a joke (apart form PW), I was mainly blues apart from the BS crafted epics, including the mace

i had 1650 healing and about 25% crit

most of the other healers were in blues or BT/Sunwell gear

Tanks really didnt seem to have a problem lowest was our warrior with 30k ish health, highest was druid with 36.5k (buffed ofc)

Agro didnt seem a problem, dps was acceptable

one of the mages was supprised he had 18k health

as a holy pala I was up about 19.5k health and 15k mana, shaman had 17kish mana, not sure about the dudu'd and priests

I think one important thing is having a RL with original Naxx experience. there are a couple of pulls/tactics that can easily wipe the raid if not done properly. The gargoyles come to mind.

apart from that, out of the 8 bosses we cleared in our first 25man the content is pretty easy.
Claydon

Postby PsiVen » Mon Nov 24, 2008 6:24 am

It's a little beyond the scope of our forums here to have minimum numbers for every other class and spec, but as far as tanks go:

Naxx10 -> Be 80 with non-retarded gear choice. This means over 500 Defense and bring a Lesser Flask of Toughness as needed, and you should very shortly hit 540 via regemming and blue upgrades.

Naxx25 -> 540 unbuffed. As far as I can tell there is no way to attain this goal without having good enough stats in other areas. You will want to hit 30k HP buffed but you will manage this easily.
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby mconeone » Mon Nov 24, 2008 7:08 am

Try and go in with 540 defense. It's honestly not that hard with crafted blues.
mconeone

Re: Stat req for Naxx raid wise

Postby Dianora » Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:26 am

Spite wrote:Just curious, Im new to the forum, a very good forum btw. I have checked out alot of the threads on here and have not really come across anything specific to basically a stat/gear req for naxx. I suppose what im asking is what should people in my guild be at stat wise. Ex: tank needs how much armor, health, mitigation (540 defense i know) etc. Ex: healer needs how much spell power, mp5, health, mana etc (depending on class of course) If it is something i missed somewhere I apologize ahead of time. Thanks in advance.

Spite
Prot Pally
Area 52

I ding 80 about 1 hour before our first naxx10 raid. I have zero level 80 gear, and haven't even leveled my naked defense to 400 yet (394). It was touch and go on some trash tanking, but after 3 pieces of naxx10 gear upgrade, I went right ahead and tank PW (first tried to tank him as off tank, but letting the MT who's been 80 longer and ran much more heroic OT him was the right decision).

We did plague and spider wing and 2/3 of DK and PW.
ImageImageImage
Dianora

Postby Spite » Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:37 am

i suppose i need to clarify more on this topic, i wrote it pretty early in the morning and was a bit tired heh. I am well aware of what my stats need to be for naxx 10 and 25 as a pally tank. I was merely looking for opinions on the raid structure overall and maybe a link to something that gives a standard for each class/spec. If nothing is available no worries.
Spite

Postby Splug » Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:43 am

The standard 3 tanks, 7 healers, 15 dps structure worked fine for naxx 25. Naxx 10 requires 1-2 tanks, 2-3 healers, and 5-7 dps. If you use one tank, one of your damage classes must be capable of offtanking a few encounters (such as a ret paladin or fury warrior).

The overall gear demands are very loose. Really, the only players who have their equipment directly checked are the tanks and healers, and even there only on patchwerk and sapphiron. Patchwerk-25's hateful strikes were hitting for ~27k last night, though that's without righteous fury / defensive stance. This is very clearly the entrance-level raid content, and as long as the tanks are over the crit demands it's really not bad.

On a totally unrelated note, things are going to get confusing now if I flip over to using my deathknight's name here.

-Splug
Active raid character: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... an&n=Spyte
255 characters is not enough to fit my alts' armories in.
Splug
Maintankadonor

Postby Spite » Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:17 pm

this is closer to what im looking for, but alas not exactly what Im looking for lol. I mean no disrespect of course and do appreciate the info. I suppose I break it down to a more simple request.

Mage: how much SP? How much Hit rating? how much health/mana, prefered spec? mana regen etc.

Pally: (good on Prot) holy: SP min req. , MP5 min req. , spec, etc.
Ret: AP, Strength, Crit, hit rating, expertise etc.
Lock: same as mage

and Etc. I hope im making clear this time of my request. As i know that this is mainly a tank forum (a great one to boot) I am the GM of my guild, Prior to the expac we were 9/9 BT and I was MT from day one, I definitly know my class and can even credit some of my skill to some of the good people of this site when it comes down to a few things i couldn't figure out. Anywho when I recruit and build a raid I look for ultimate synergy, what im looking for is what I need to work with from all classes and specs so I know what standard to set for my guild members so they can work towards that goal. Our first 10 man is weds, But I hope to clear in a couple nights if that. Within a week or two I want us venturing to the 25 man version. But obviously with only one 10 man atm not all the raiders will go, that being said If i give them some statistics of there classes/spec they can run heroics, craft, gem, enchant etc. And also I can make my raid spot decisions based on these standards when choosing between 2 ppl of the same class. Thank you in advance. I hope I clarified.

Splug wrote:The standard 3 tanks, 7 healers, 15 dps structure worked fine for naxx 25. Naxx 10 requires 1-2 tanks, 2-3 healers, and 5-7 dps. If you use one tank, one of your damage classes must be capable of offtanking a few encounters (such as a ret paladin or fury warrior).

The overall gear demands are very loose. Really, the only players who have their equipment directly checked are the tanks and healers, and even there only on patchwerk and sapphiron. Patchwerk-25's hateful strikes were hitting for ~27k last night, though that's without righteous fury / defensive stance. This is very clearly the entrance-level raid content, and as long as the tanks are over the crit demands it's really not bad.

On a totally unrelated note, things are going to get confusing now if I flip over to using my deathknight's name here.

-Splug
Spite

Postby Splug » Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:20 pm

Spite wrote:this is closer to what im looking for, but alas not exactly what Im looking for lol. I mean no disrespect of course and do appreciate the info. I suppose I break it down to a more simple request.

Mage: how much SP? How much Hit rating? how much health/mana, prefered spec? mana regen etc.

PsiVen's reply earlier was dead on here:
PsiVen wrote:It's a little beyond the scope of our forums here to have minimum numbers for every other class and spec
It's not so much that we don't care or don't want to be bothered to answer your question; more that the players on this website are 80% protection paladins, with a few other arbitrary tanks thrown in here and there (and one hunter with a bad vowel-to-consonant ratio). Quite simply, we don't have the background to answer your question accurately.

EDIT: I also think you're really, really overestimating the difficulty of lv 80 Naxxramas. It took the average pug group less than three clears on the beta to learn everything, and most guilds are pounding both the 10 and 25's in one to two nights each.

-Splug
Active raid character: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... an&n=Spyte
255 characters is not enough to fit my alts' armories in.
Splug
Maintankadonor

Postby Spite » Mon Nov 24, 2008 4:19 pm

Well considering its pretty much rehased content it doesn't suprise me. I don't think im overestimating this content, more like being prepared. And being a tank this is good info to have when grouping with ppl, but even more important and less arbitary to me to have this information breaks down to more then just raid setup, being a GM of an end game progressing guild I just want a background of other classes and there breakdown. This is for recruiting and also raid setup. Honestly I was just hoping someone had maybe a link to some forum or wow website that maybe had some of this info. I do realize with the game being out for the short amount of time it has. I will not have the wealth of knowledge on the web like BC. But I figured I would just ask.
I thank you for your reply, I never thought anyone didn't care to answer my question. I just figured most like myself just didn't know. Anywho thx and have a nice evening.
Splug wrote:
Spite wrote:this is closer to what im looking for, but alas not exactly what Im looking for lol. I mean no disrespect of course and do appreciate the info. I suppose I break it down to a more simple request.

PsiVen's reply earlier was dead on here:
PsiVen wrote:It's a little beyond the scope of our forums here to have minimum numbers for every other class and spec
It's not so much that we don't care or don't want to be bothered to answer your question; more that the players on this website are 80% protection paladins, with a few other arbitrary tanks thrown in here and there (and one hunter with a bad vowel-to-consonant ratio). Quite simply, we don't have the background to answer your question accurately.

EDIT: I also think you're really, really overestimating the difficulty of lv 80 Naxxramas. It took the average pug group less than three clears on the beta to learn everything, and most guilds are pounding both the 10 and 25's in one to two nights each.

-Splug
Spite

Postby Lookit » Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:29 am

Spite wrote: I don't think im overestimating this content, more like being prepared.

No really. You are.

Requirements for Naxx?

Level 80
Mostly blue gear, epics are nice too.
Gemming and enchanting that isn't retarded.

That's it.
Lookit

Postby Spite » Fri Nov 28, 2008 12:50 pm

Lookit wrote:
Spite wrote: I don't think im overestimating this content, more like being prepared.

No really. You are.

Requirements for Naxx?

Level 80
Mostly blue gear, epics are nice too.
Gemming and enchanting that isn't retarded.

That's it.

You might be right my friend. But at the same time I like to set a standard in my guild for everything, this way feedback can be provided to raiders and what is expected of them without myself having to always explain my reasons. This helps in so many ways in managing a guild overall. All decisions made whether loot or raid spots will hold higher credibility if policies and standards are set. But I do appreciate your opinion, and like I initially said you might be right.
Spite

Postby Fearonir » Fri Nov 28, 2008 1:37 pm

How did you guild go about entering into Karazhan? Apply those same principles to all the 10 man raids.

Fearonir

Postby Morendin » Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:44 am

only, kara was actually hard until we all outgeared it. Naxx isn't.

It's fun, but it is NOT difficult, and the 'gear checks' are laughable.

your recruiting standard should be "can he/she get out of fire?" worry about gear later, when it matters
Morendin

Postby vschiano2008 » Thu Dec 04, 2008 6:20 am

Naxx is more of a moron check than a gear check.

Stay out of green shit on the floor.. stay out of fire.. stay out of purple swirly things.. don't run ahead of the tanks.. spread out.. stack together.. don't afk on bosses
vschiano2008

Next

Return to T7: Naxx / Maly / Sarth / Archavon