Remove Advertisements

[H] The Culling of Stratholme - Timer Achievement?

Strats / Info that doesn't fit in a specific instance

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

[H] The Culling of Stratholme - Timer Achievement?

Postby towelliee » Mon Nov 24, 2008 6:27 am

Has anyone done the timer in Old Strat? We did it on Sunday with 6 minutes left and took out the additional boss. I ended up getting the Bronze Drake which is an epic flyer. Was cool.

Anyone else beat the timer for the mount?
Last edited by towelliee on Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
towelliee

Re: Culling of Strat - Timer

Postby Satturo » Mon Nov 24, 2008 6:44 am

towelliee wrote:Has anyone done the timer in Old Strat? We did it on Sunday with 6 minutes left and took out the additional boss. I ended up getting the Bronze Drake which is an epic flyer. Was cool.

Anyone else beat the timer for the mount?

Yup, beat the timer a handful of times. Didn't realize til last night that you don't need to kill Mal'ganis before the guy who drops the mount. :)
Satturo

Postby Lore » Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:36 am

Ciderhelm put a video guide up on Tankspot. I've got one in the works as well for Paladins; most of the information will crossover, but as the instance is full of undead there's lots of handy Paladin-specific stuff I can cover.

Mostly I just need to edit and record the voiceover. Turns out I'm lazy. Who knew?!
Lore
Global Mod

Postby PsiVen » Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:04 am

I don't think the timer will be a problem for most. Meathook hits pretty hard on an undergeared tank but the rest is all about running to the spawns and zerging them down.

Don't forget to talk to Arthas, and when the 10 waves end it seems you DO need to go back towards the entrance to trigger him running to the Town Hall if you're standing there waiting for him.
Gladiator Psiven, 90 Tankadin
90 Druid, 90 Mage, 85 Monk, 85 DK, 70 War, 70 Pal, 60 Priest, 60 Lock, 64 Rogue
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Taragon » Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:11 am

Nope Psiven. The last call we had the last time I ran it was townhall. We ended up just waiting a full minute for him to peek his head around the corner. ><.
Taragon - Ex-Maintankadin of Insomnia

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... &n=Taragon
Taragon

Postby Ursula » Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:01 am

Wait, I need to clarify something. You DON'T need to fight Malganis before the drake boss? How do you do this?
Ursula

Postby towelliee » Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:06 am

Before you head through the gates to Malganis just take a left up the street there and the extra boss is there. You DO NOT need to kill Malganis for this achievement. We made the mistake of killing Malganis with about 7 minutes left. Then after we were sitting around trying to figure out whats next and then found the boss by mistake.

Also the Bronze Drake did not fall everytime. We had 4 groups going and only I got the drake.
towelliee

Postby Taragon » Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:34 am

Everytime I've done the 25 minute run it's dropped. You sure it's not 100%?!
Taragon - Ex-Maintankadin of Insomnia

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... &n=Taragon
Taragon

Postby Lore » Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:52 am

Did it 5 times over the last 5 days. Dropped every time. My suspicion is that your extra groups pulled the Infinite Corrupter before the timer finished but did not kill him in time.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby towelliee » Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:04 pm

Hmmm I read on wowhead it was like 85%. I know one of groups definitely killed him cause they got the achievement but did not get a mount thats 100% sure.
towelliee

Postby Lore » Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:06 pm

The achievement is for killing the infinite corruptor. You can kill him after the timer expires.

The captive drake slowly loses health as the timer counts down. When the timer runs out, the drake dies, regardless of whether you've pulled the corruptor or not. No alive drake = no mount drop.

Wowhead drop percentages are taken by an average of everyone who's killed the specific mob. I'd wager it's showing as an 85% drop rate because 15% of the people who'd killed the corruptor didn't kill him in time.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Splug » Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:25 pm

Lore wrote:The achievement is for killing the infinite corruptor. You can kill him after the timer expires.
We had a run where Arthas stood around at the entrance for ~5 minutes before we ran back to check on him (at which time he started running, confirming the "need to wake him up" note earlier). As a result, we were pressed for time and the corruptor was at 60% when the time expired. He said his work here was done and jumped through the portal, despawning mid-fight.

-Splug
Active raid character: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... an&n=Spyte
255 characters is not enough to fit my alts' armories in.
Splug
Maintankadonor

Postby Lore » Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:53 pm

Splug wrote:
Lore wrote:The achievement is for killing the infinite corruptor. You can kill him after the timer expires.
We had a run where Arthas stood around at the entrance for ~5 minutes before we ran back to check on him (at which time he started running, confirming the "need to wake him up" note earlier). As a result, we were pressed for time and the corruptor was at 60% when the time expired. He said his work here was done and jumped through the portal, despawning mid-fight.

-Splug

Huh.

Dunno then. I'm reasonably certain it's a 100% drop, I know several groups that have done it and all have gotten the mount. Could just be really lucky I suppose.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Andryana » Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:19 am

Beat it last night and the mount dropped (lost the roll though).
Andryana

Postby Ursula » Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:41 am

So you don't talk to Arthas to initiate the Malganis fight? You just go straight to the Drake boss and leave Arthas waiting?
Ursula

Next

Return to General Strats