Shield of Righteousness SFX?

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Chunes » Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:53 am

fuzzygeek wrote:I wonder if we could hack in a sound file put in teh apropriate directory tree. I'm ure someone knows how to do ...

edit: holy shit I'm losing coherence. 10 hours of sleep since launch.

haha i thought I was bad sitting at 20 since launch. ><
Chunes

Postby Bentfork » Wed Nov 19, 2008 3:23 pm

may not be the right thread for this, but Shotr crits for 3650 is awesome for lvl 75!!!!!
- the Fork
Bentfork

Postby cigar3tte » Wed Nov 19, 2008 3:30 pm

Tullock wrote:Couldnt you just macro a /script to whatever sound file you want played with a shor macro? ive never really played with the sound files but http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/threa ... sid=1looks to be a decent list of them after a quick browse.

That won't work well for me (and possibly others) as I want the sound to tell me if the skill landed or not.
cigar3tte

Postby Arees » Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:16 am

I was about to post this exact same question and then noticed this thread. I just dinged 75 right before I went to bed last night, but I wanted to try ShoR out before I hit the hay. So I flew to dragonblight cuz it was close, throw up sanc, seal up and try to go bash some undead. I kept thinking nothing was happening because there was no sound effect. The cd kept triggering, but I didn't think it was actually doing anything until I stopped attacking and just stood there and bash with my shield and realized it was indeed doing damage.

imo it really needs a sound, to at least let us know the ability actually went off and didn't trigger a "the spell is not ready" message. I often find myself mashing a key before the cd is up, and when I hear the sound I'll know to move to the next key =D
Arees

Postby Arjuna » Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:19 am

and give HotR a swing animation and not a cast animation... :(
HUZZAH! How many points do I receive? :D
Arjuna

Postby Lother » Sun Nov 23, 2008 12:18 am

Arjuna wrote:and give HotR a swing animation and not a cast animation... :(

YES Please!!!!!! I would even take a regular 'strike' animation over the current one
Lother

Postby Drobent » Sun Nov 23, 2008 7:47 am

Jobah wrote:Yeah no sound makes me sad but holy shit, this is soooo much threat. Im getting almost 6k dmg with this thing when i pop all my shit (gnomeregan autoblocker ftw btw).

After reading this I'm crying for wasting my Justice Badge's on Healing Equip :_____
Drobent

Previous

Return to WotLK