[25] Patchwerk

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

[25] Patchwerk

Postby kram » Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:32 am

Have any of you downed this yet? We cant seem to get healing down yet.
kram

Postby Sinnegorth » Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:56 am

I have not downed him but I am wondering what kind of healers and how many you are taking?
Sinnegorth

Postby Panzerdin » Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:30 pm

Based off of the old patch, you'll likely want one healer on the main tank, one on the hateful strike tank, and one on the raid (or on whichever tank needs another healer if there isn't any raid damage - I don't remember any, but that's no guarantee).

In 25-man, you'll want the same, but scaled up. One or two healers on each tank (probably one, since I'm guessing it's 3 HS tanks and a main tank). Maybe two.

If your healer's mana will last, they should be spamming heals virtually non stop. That's how it used to be done.
Panzerdin

Location: On a picket line, protesting against the changes to Maintankadin

Postby PsiVen » Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:47 pm

The 10-man is quite simple, just put a healer on a each tank and have them spam. There's no raid damage so only bring a 3rd healer if you can't handle the tank damage.

The 25-man is pretty much the same fight it was in the 40-man. Hateful will nearly one-shot tanks every hit, so healing needs to be very tight. Put as little into the MT as you can get away with, because he'll be shooting the breeze in comparison. Beacons and such should go between the HS tanks.

If you're having a lot of trouble, don't forget you can add a 3rd tank or more healing. The enrage timer is very lax compared to how it was in the 40-man, so you can bring 4 tanks and 9 healers and still kill him in 5 minutes.
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Panzerdin » Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:48 pm

I'm with PsiVen in that 3 HS tanks is a LOT easier to heal, especially if the enrage timer is more forgiving than the 40-man version.
Panzerdin

Postby Panzerdin » Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:25 pm

Actually, looking at the nerfs he's undergone, 2 HS tanks should be more than healable unless your healers plain suck, since they have not only 0.3 seconds spare, but two separate cast times as well. Given that his damage is equal to one or two heals, two healers on each HS tank should be more than sufficient, and one could probably do it (at a pinch).

Tl;Dr - If your healers can' take this, they plain suck.
Panzerdin

Postby kram » Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:11 pm

We had one HS tank and he does a HS every 2.5 sec we had a average of around 31k dmg per HS. I guess we will have to try with a second HS tank.
kram

Postby Nadina » Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:44 pm

3 tanks and 3 Holy Paladins with triple beacons going make this fight much more simple.
Nadina, Holy & Protection Paladin of "Fusion", Turalyon US
Nadina

Postby Kethion » Sat Nov 22, 2008 5:54 am

Panzerdin wrote:Actually, looking at the nerfs he's undergone, 2 HS tanks should be more than healable unless your healers plain suck, since they have not only 0.3 seconds spare, but two separate cast times as well. Given that his damage is equal to one or two heals, two healers on each HS tank should be more than sufficient, and one could probably do it (at a pinch).

Tl;Dr - If your healers can' take this, they plain suck.
How does one healer heal 15k in 2.2 seconds without some sort of cooldown?
Kethion

Postby Panzerdin » Sat Nov 22, 2008 7:20 am

Because they're doing it in 5 seconds, and there are two of them. If you have one healer healing one HS tank in a 25-man, you're doing it wrong. Ideally

MT: One or Two healers
HS Tank 1: Two healers
HS Tank 2: Two healers

Those two healers have 5 seconds to heal for 15k between them. If they can't manage it, then yes, they suck.
Panzerdin

Postby Kethion » Sat Nov 22, 2008 7:55 am

Two healers per hateful in 25 man is not hard at all, makes sense now that I read it correctly. But regarding

Panzerdin wrote:and one could probably do it (at a pinch).
Maybe for a short duration, but not long, 500 mp5 from replenishment in addition to passive regen wont be sustaining enough for any class except maybe a very well geared disc priest.
Kethion

Postby Panzerdin » Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:04 am

Quite honestly, it's a situation that should never occur, because a typical raid on 25-man will have 7 healers, which means that, bar a bloody stupid healing setup, you're guaranteed 2 per tank. Since it's almost impossible to die on Patch, you're never going to dip under that. I just stated that one might be a possibility, if not now then certainly later (much like, say, solo-healing the main tank of a T4 instance, which would seem almost impossible at the time, but was eminently doable towards the end of the expansion.

I should add that I no longer play, so I am not familiar with the exact amounts of regen available to healers. I kind of assumed mana was as much of an non issue as it was in the Burning Crusade.
Panzerdin

Postby Joanadark » Sun Nov 23, 2008 8:21 am

Or because they are a Paladin, casting Holy Light for 14k, every 1.3 seconds.

On BOTH tanks.
Arkham's Razor: a theory which states the simplest explaination tends to lead to Cthulu.
Joanadark

Postby kram » Sun Nov 23, 2008 12:06 pm

Joanadark wrote:

On BOTH tanks.

Your not going to last that long chain casting HL.
kram

Postby knaughty » Sun Nov 23, 2008 3:50 pm

kram wrote:
Joanadark wrote:

On BOTH tanks.

Your not going to last that long chain casting HL.

It's only a 5-minute fight.

If your Holy pally is stacking crit like he should be, instead of haste, 5 mins should be OK.

But a pair of bacon'd Holy pallies on HS tanks is going to simplify things no end.
This isn't the "Offtankadin" forum. My MoP FAQ: http://tinyurl.com/FAQ-5-0
- Knaughty.
knaughty
Maintankadonor

Location: Sydney, plotting my next diatribe against the forces of ignorance!

Next

Return to T7: Naxx / Maly / Sarth / Archavon