[10] Four Horseman with 2 Paladin tanks - it's doable!

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

[10] Four Horseman with 2 Paladin tanks - it's doable!

Postby Consecrate » Sat Nov 22, 2008 3:13 am

Hello, my guild has gotten 10 80s and we've cleared Naxx 10 in 2 days (which was disapointing) but unfortunately we only had one and a half tanks (a holy specced prot to take the other spot).

When we came to Horsemen we had a problem, how the bloody hell do we sort the taunting?

After a while of trying to forcefully take aggro (which took too long and eventually wiped us) we ended up working it like this:

Tank 1 tanks Mob 1
Tank 2 tanks Mob 2
Ret/Holy pally/Arms warrior/whatever has a taunt taunts Mob 2 from Tank 2, Tank 2 then taunts from Tank 1 while tank 2 taunts from the ret/holy/arms/whatever.

On Kel'thuzad though, when my associate came to pick up the crypt lords - he failed and one was stuck on me.

Rather than try and take the mob off of me (thus risking a chained frost blast and instant wipe) he just let me tank the boss and a crypt lord until it died.

Naxxramas 10 fails incidentally, too boring :(
Probably the worst named paladin ever.
Consecrate

Re: [10] Four Horseman with 2 Paladin tanks - it's doable!

Postby Promdates » Sun Nov 23, 2008 2:33 am

Consecrate wrote:Ret/Holy pally/Arms warrior/whatever has a taunt taunts Mob 2 from Tank 2, Tank 2 then taunts from Tank 1 while tank 2 taunts from the ret/holy/arms/whatever.

But that's not actually doing it with just 2 Prot Paladins. That's bringing in a 3rd person to make up for the lack of a good taunt.
Promdates

Postby Chunes » Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:48 am

good news we're getting a single target taunt, no gimmicks.

amirite? :D
Chunes

Postby Elline » Thu Nov 27, 2008 9:35 am

Accomplished this bout a week ago, was heaps of fun.

We originally had a boomkin go bear form to taunt, but found it to be counterproductive due to him running oom quickly(we had him heal too, since we only brought 2 healers)

The "hard" and perhaps the most fun aspect of double prot pally horsemen tanking is getting both our taunts to land at exactly the same time, producing the same effect as a normal warrior/bear taunt. Vent lag, server-side lag and precise countdowns being variables.

Messed up once or twice, getting an additional stack but they went down in the end.
Elline

Postby Belloc » Fri Nov 28, 2008 9:21 am

We accomplished this as well, using one of the two applicable prot pally strats. Namely, we zerged Thane down. As soon as the fight started, I said to blow heroism, and he was down around the time I had 4-5 marks. Never had a single issue with healing or anything.

Fight is terribly easy.
Belloc

Postby sanctifico » Fri Nov 28, 2008 10:10 am

Belloc wrote:He was down around the time I had 4-5 marks. Never had a single issue with healing or anything.

Fight is terribly easy.

4-5 marks? Thats dangerous territory.

You can do it with just 2 marks applied if you focus all dps pop heroisim + cooldowns the second Thane gets to his tank and have your healers tank the other adds (~22.5k dps is needed with heroisim to kill him before the third mark is cast.)

3/6 Sunwell Pre-Nerf.
sanctifico

Postby Belloc » Fri Nov 28, 2008 10:31 am

sanctifico wrote:
Belloc wrote:He was down around the time I had 4-5 marks. Never had a single issue with healing or anything.

Fight is terribly easy.

4-5 marks? Thats dangerous territory.

You can do it with just 2 marks applied if you focus all dps pop heroisim + cooldowns the second Thane gets to his tank and have your healers tank the other adds (~22.5k dps is needed with heroisim to kill him before the third mark is cast.)

edit: I just realized you were referring to dangerous territory for the non-tanks... lol.

I think it was closer to 4 marks than 5, to be honest. Either way, he went down and no one died to marks.
Belloc

Return to T7: Naxx / Maly / Sarth / Archavon